Michigan-OSU 2?

If the BCS standing stay the way they are the rest of the season we’ll get to see them go at it again.

USC probably controls its own destiny however. They are #2 in both human polls and would likely get a boost in the computers if they beat ND next week.

I guess that means I have to cheer for the Fighting Irish for once.

And yes, if the michigan had won, i would be against a rematch. I don’t care if that is hypocritical or not. Go Blue!

Holy chirst, I don’t think my heart could handle another one. As an OSU fan, I am completely against a rematch, and don’t care if that is biased or not!

But honestly, I don’t think we will see this game. OSU-USC would be much more marketable. Two teams from the same conference in a rematch just wouldn’t sell as well as west coast or southern team like Florida against the Buckeyes.

When all is said and done, OSU and Michigan have up to this point proved to be heads and shoulders above their peers. Anyone else would be a 10 point underdog and easy pick.

I’m not against the idea of a rematch only because I don’t see a better game being put up against OSU by any other top 10 team.

I think OSU is going to win regardless of who they play, but I think the most entertaining/best/closest game will come from them playing Michigan again, so for my desire of watching a good football game, I wouldn’t mind seeing it again.

I’m not sure that anyone except Michigan fans WANT a rematch.

I agree though, it’s very possible.

they had a poll on espn.com, and they asked who people would most like to see play osu. michigan was the top vote getter across the country.

[quote]PharmD Pete wrote:
If the BCS standing stay the way they are the rest of the season we’ll get to see them go at it again.

USC probably controls its own destiny however. They are #2 in both human polls and would likely get a boost in the computers if they beat ND next week.

And yes, if the michigan had won, i would be against a rematch. I don’t care if that is hypocritical or not. Go Blue![/quote]

so you’re telling us that since you got beat once, you want another shot at OSU, even though we all know you’d lose again, but had you won you would be scared shitless of a rematch cos you know the second time around would result in a loss? :stuck_out_tongue:

GO BUCKEYES!!

p.s. Bring on USC, we already beat Michigan, no point in rubbing it in their faces a second time!!

[quote]Ren wrote:
PharmD Pete wrote:

And yes, if the michigan had won, i would be against a rematch. I don’t care if that is hypocritical or not. Go Blue!

so you’re telling us that since you got beat once, you want another shot at OSU, even though we all know you’d lose again, but had you won you would be scared shitless of a rematch cos you know the second time around would result in a loss? :stuck_out_tongue:

GO BUCKEYES!!

p.s. Bring on USC, we already beat Michigan, no point in rubbing it in their faces a second time!![/quote]

Hey, dickhead! You are the perfect example of why so many people root against your corrupt OSU program. OSU fans are the worst WINNERS in the NCAA. And if ANYONE dare says that OSU is NOT the end-all-be-all of college football, nay, SPORTS…well…you’ll throw a hissy fit and reach for your crying towel. GO…whoever plays OSU!

Also, I know a few OSU guys that played in the NFL. Here’s a secret: The players and coaches LAUGH at you.

I say this as a devout Michigan fan.

The national championship has already been played, and the victor was OSU.

No rematch should be played. There should be no second chances. A rematch would taint the rivalry. Even if Michigan wins, who should be the National Champion? The record books would say Michigan but everyone knows who the real champion is this year.

No, a rematch is not necessary because #1 and #2 already played each other. Both were undefeated, and the winner was OSU. Right now I feel that Michigan shouldn’t even go to the Rose Bowl because they didn’t win the Big 10. What kind of game is that going to be especially if USC wins out and goes to the National championship? #2 in the Big 10 playing #2 in the Pac-10? I don’t want to see that game. Bridesmaids playing each other for the pomp of a Rose Bowl victory when it doesn’t matter?

No, the big game, the game of the century, the game for all the marbles to include bragging rights, conference championship, national ranking, and an undefeated season has already been played. It sucks that it wasn’t my team, hard, but that’s the way it is.

B.

[quote]Hack Wilson wrote:
Ren wrote:
PharmD Pete wrote:

GO BUCKEYES!!

p.s. Bring on USC, we already beat Michigan, no point in rubbing it in their faces a second time!!

Hey, dickhead! You are the perfect example of why so many people root against your corrupt OSU program. OSU fans are the worst WINNERS in the NCAA. And if ANYONE dare says that OSU is NOT the end-all-be-all of college football, nay, SPORTS…well…you’ll throw a hissy fit and reach for your crying towel. GO…whoever plays OSU!

Also, I know a few OSU guys that played in the NFL. Here’s a secret: The players and coaches LAUGH at you. [/quote]

Eh? I was just taking a jab at Pete for not wanting to play OSU again if Michigan had won.

And I assume you mean they laughed at the ex-OSU players? Don’t know why you had to bring that up, every team has their good and their players that went pro.

Oh yeah, and to the hissy fit comment, go tell a ND fan the same thing and see what you get, same response as from a hardcore buckeye fan.

Just seems to me like you hate OSU, which is fine, doesn’t bother me one bit.

[quote]Ren wrote:

Some stuff, and:

Just seems to me like you hate OSU, which is fine, doesn’t bother me one bit.[/quote]

Naaa, I think Hack doesn’t like football fans in general, or fans that take the game too seriously. Kind of like a doctor who secretly hates his patients, or a preacher who can’t stand his congregation. To each his own, I suppose.

B.

[quote]BradTGIF wrote:
I say this as a devout Michigan fan.

The national championship has already been played, and the victor was OSU.

No rematch should be played. There should be no second chances. A rematch would taint the rivalry. Even if Michigan wins, who should be the National Champion? The record books would say Michigan but everyone knows who the real champion is this year.

No, a rematch is not necessary because #1 and #2 already played each other. Both were undefeated, and the winner was OSU. Right now I feel that Michigan shouldn’t even go to the Rose Bowl because they didn’t win the Big 10. What kind of game is that going to be especially if USC wins out and goes to the National championship? #2 in the Big 10 playing #2 in the Pac-10? I don’t want to see that game. Bridesmaids playing each other for the pomp of a Rose Bowl victory when it doesn’t matter?

No, the big game, the game of the century, the game for all the marbles to include bragging rights, conference championship, national ranking, and an undefeated season has already been played. It sucks that it wasn’t my team, hard, but that’s the way it is.

B.[/quote]

As an athlete I totally disagree, and since I’m not a football player, maybe that affects my thinking. But anyhow: College football is the only sport with some screwed up system for selecting the championship game the way they do. Just because it is a rematch does not mean that they’re not the two best teams.

No, that game was not the national championship. It was a big game between 1 and 2, both undefeated. One team is still undefeated, but they’re not champions, at least not yet. In order to win the championship, you have to win the championship game which is defined in the eyes of many as the Bowl game between the 2 best teams.

So, that wasn’t the championship game, and there should be a rematch if michigan is #2.

They are the best two teams right now, however I truly don’t want to see the game just because the game Saturday was amazing. I am an Ohio fan but I know if they play again it will be a blow out Michigan or Ohio the game will definatly not live up to the first one.

[quote]Ren wrote:
Hack Wilson wrote:
Ren wrote:
PharmD Pete wrote:

GO BUCKEYES!!

Also, I know a few OSU guys that played in the NFL. Here’s a secret: The players and coaches LAUGH at you.

Eh? I was just taking a jab at Pete for not wanting to play OSU again if Michigan had won.

And I assume you mean they laughed at the ex-OSU players? Don’t know why you had to bring that up, every team has their good and their players that went pro.

Oh yeah, and to the hissy fit comment, go tell a ND fan the same thing and see what you get, same response as from a hardcore buckeye fan.

Just seems to me like you hate OSU, which is fine, doesn’t bother me one bit.[/quote]

No. No. OSU players laugh at OSU fans! They think their behavior is insane and they frequently say things - in priviate - about your needing to ‘get a life’. Apparently, and I heard this from former OSU running back, OSU football coverage is 365 in Columbus. And if the local rag (Dispatch) does not print OSU football stories every-single-day…they they get nastygrams from the locals bitching about it. This same player laughingly told me that OSU drew like 30,000 people to a PRACTICE earlier this year. Now, FANS think that stuff shows all this wonderful support and they brag about it. The players? The think you’re nuts. And you are.

[quote]BradTGIF wrote:
Ren wrote:

Some stuff, and:

Just seems to me like you hate OSU, which is fine, doesn’t bother me one bit.

Naaa, I think Hack doesn’t like football fans in general, or fans that take the game too seriously. Kind of like a doctor who secretly hates his patients, or a preacher who can’t stand his congregation. To each his own, I suppose.

B.

[/quote]

I Love fans. Good fans. Best fans I’ve ever seen? St. Louis Cardinals baseball fans. Classy group. But in general there are a subset of fans that, well, take the whole thing too seriously. The bigger that subset within the fanbase, the more I’ll dislike that team’s fans. OSU? The worst. I hear that from former players (and one coach).

[quote]sob440 wrote:
They are the best two teams right now, however I truly don’t want to see the game just because the game Saturday was amazing. I am an Ohio fan but I know if they play again it will be a blow out Michigan or Ohio the game will definatly not live up to the first one.[/quote]

I don’t know if Ohio will make a bowl game this year? They are in the MAC championship game, right? Wait. You ARE aware that Ohio and Ohio State are not the same school, right? Don’t you?

I’m against a rematch. If that’s the way it works out in the BCS, so be it. That’s the system that’s in place this year and that’s just what happened. But I don’t like it.

To me, it has the feel of a dominant AFC in recent years in the NFL. A few years back the Colts and Patriots met up in the second round of the playoffs. Many thought these were the best two teams in the NFL, so this was the actual championship game. So, thinking along the same lines of a OSU-MU rematch, Indy and New England should have said it doesn’t matter who wins this game, since we’re the top 2, and let’s just play again in the Superbowl. It’s a loose analogy, but I hope you get what I am saying.

Michigan may very well be the second best team in the country, but they had their shot at the title. They knew if they won this game they would be in the title game. They came up short. They may have been the only team to give Number 1 a run for their money, but because they play in the same conference, they had to play eachother early. Sorry, that’s the way it goes. Ask Auburn fans for sympathy.

But, with all that said, if it works out to be a rematch, then it is what it is. I don’t agree with, but so be it. I really don’t know what a rematch is going to prove though.

What if Michigan wins? I think it becomes a cheap and hollow championship then. Almost like a second chance trophy. Good job, you did better the second time around.

What if OSU blows UM out of the water? Then it’s a mockery of a championship. You got (probably) USC, Florida, Arkansas, even West Virginia thinking they could have been a better match up.

Only if it’s a close game similar to the one already played will it be worth watching in my mind.

[quote]Ren wrote:
Hack Wilson wrote:
Ren wrote:
PharmD Pete wrote:

GO BUCKEYES!!

HARDCORE buckeye fan! What’s that? How do you get to be a HARDCORE fan? Is that like a HARCORE bobble-head collector or a HARDCORE McDonald’s hamburger lover? Dude! You either watch TV or sit on your ass with 105,000 other people - JAMMED in like sardines - WATCHING! How HARCORE can that be?

Let’s wait until after USC vs ND before we figure out who the #2 team is.

And this is why college football needs a playoff.

[quote]hockechamp14 wrote:
College football is the only sport with some screwed up system for selecting the championship game the way they do.
[/quote]

Yeah, it is kind of wacky, but I like that it’s different. I would like some changes, but not too many. I like that because of the bowls, so many teams have a post season and have a chance to end the year as a winner.

I also like that the season is basically a playoff, if you lose a game, you are potentially out of the championship picture. That’s year long excitement to me. I don’t want a full playoff where teams can lose 2 or maybe even 3 games and sneak into the playoffs and win a championship.

College football is one of the only sports, where if you lose your first game, you might not recover and be knocked out the championship picture immediately. Ask Arkansas. I love that. Maybe some don’t like that, but I think that’s part of the allure of college football.

I’m not totally against playoffs, but until someone can show a system to convince me otherwise, I’m for the bowl system.

[quote]Hack Wilson wrote:
sob440 wrote:
They are the best two teams right now, however I truly don’t want to see the game just because the game Saturday was amazing. I am an Ohio fan but I know if they play again it will be a blow out Michigan or Ohio the game will definatly not live up to the first one.

I don’t know if Ohio will make a bowl game this year? They are in the MAC championship game, right? Wait. You ARE aware that Ohio and Ohio State are not the same school, right? Don’t you?[/quote]

Lol. A pet peeve of mine as well.