T Nation

Michigan Gets...

Screwed!
There is no way that florida deserves to play in that game over michigan.
This game is going to suck now because Ohio State is going to crush florida.
Instead of one week, Tressel is gonna get several weeks to put together one of his great game plans, which will be completely unecessary because on talent alone Ohio State is gonna piss on the gators.

There are not several deserving teams, there is one team, and that is michigan.

Congrats BCS, you fucked up another one. We need a god damn playoff system.
p.s. to all you “rematch haters”, go blow yourselves. I don’t care if you don’t want to see a rematch, the best team deserves to play in the title game.

Florida had a tougher schedule. Michigan already lost to them.

Bullshit. Michigan had their chance - and decided to piss down their leg instead. They don’t get a second shot.

There should be a requirement that only conference champions should be considered for the National Championship game.

We’ll come back to the rest of your statements after the OSU-Gator game in about a month.

Fuck Mythigan.

It would be complete bullshit for the Buckeyes to have to beat the Skunkbears twice to win the national title, yet Mythigan would only have to win once.

While I do think Michigan is the second best team, Florida was 12-1 in the SEC, they aren’t pushovers.

don’t like the idea of rematches…but…lets be serious here…Michigan is the # 2 team in the nation…Florida is gonna get stomped by like 50…if USC had beaten UCLA…I’d say yeah…they deserve it…but…Florida did nothing to lay claim to #2…shit why not send Boise…they were undefeated??
straight up they need a damned tourny style setup…why take a month off…when you could have the top say 8 teams play during those weeks…lets have a real champion…this voting stuff is B.S.

[quote]rainjack wrote:
Bullshit. Michigan had their chance - and decided to piss down their leg instead. They don’t get a second shot.[/quote]

Pissed down their leg!?!?!? Did we watch the same game!?

Michigan came VERY close to winning that game at OSU, and had that bullshit personal foul not been called, who knows. Michigan is a great fucking team and I look forward to seeing the Gators and the “not so mighty” Trojans getting their asses kicked.

We’ll see if the Gators even come close to handling OSU as well as Michigan did.

I don’t really understand the whining for a playoff. This is exactly the type of scenario that could happen in a playoff format. The two best teams could potentially meet up before the title game. I’m sorry, but the BCS got this one right this year (minus the undefeated Boise State issue).

[quote]Freaky Styley wrote:
Fuck Mythigan.

It would be complete bullshit for the Buckeyes to have to beat the Skunkbears twice to win the national title, yet Mythigan would only have to win once.[/quote]

Why? It’s merely coincidence the two best teams in college FB this year were in the same conference.

Ohio State must be happy - Michigan would have beat them in the rematch. To only lose by 3 away to that juggernaut of a team - Michigan would have had the psychological edge in a neutral field setting. Plus, it is highly unlikely the defenders would have missed tackles like the ones that lead to the ultimately killer touchdown runs.

Florida is a fucking fraud team and the SEC is fucking overrated. A lot of good teams but no GREAT teams. Ohio State is going to rape them - and rightly so.

The two best teams all year have been Michigan and Ohio State - that should have been the national title game. Period.

[quote]iksrtfo28 wrote:
don’t like the idea of rematches…but…lets be serious here…Michigan is the # 2 team in the nation…Florida is gonna get stomped by like 50…if USC had beaten UCLA…I’d say yeah…they deserve it…but…Florida did nothing to lay claim to #2…shit why not send Boise…they were undefeated??
straight up they need a damned tourny style setup…why take a month off…when you could have the top say 8 teams play during those weeks…lets have a real champion…this voting stuff is B.S.

[/quote]

First, the only team the can rightly complain is Boise State. I don’t care how soft your schedule or conference is, you should be allowed to play until either you lose or you are the national champion.

With that out of the way, I might agree that Michigan is the number 2 team in the country, but there is a difference between the best two teams and the most deserving. Florida deserves it. They deserve it by winning when they needed to when every other team lost. They are the most deserving.

Finally, and you can call bullshit on this if you want, but the time off is for exams. That’s what the layoff was originally for and I doubt athletic coordinators and schedule makers will ever change it. Even if times have changed, the three weeks off at least gives the illusion of academics being more important than athletics

so you thinking voting is the way to go in sports?..hey why not vote for the NFL champions…or maybee the NBA, or NHL…shit why ever have anyone play the games at all…voting has no place in “real sports” when it comes to deciding a champion…do a little tourny…last team standing wins…hey it seems to work pretty good for college BBall…

[quote]malonetd wrote:
I don’t really understand the whining for a playoff. This is exactly the type of scenario that could happen in a playoff format. The two best teams could potentially meet up before the title game. I’m sorry, but the BCS got this one right this year (minus the undefeated Boise State issue).[/quote]

Not really. The current system sucks.

If you wanted to this year, you could have done a hybrid playoff + 1 system where you rotate two of the January BCS bowls to host “national semis” and use the top 4 teams in the final BCS rankings and pair them off 1 v. 4 and 2 v. 3 - winner would play Jan.8 in Glendale.

You might have some arguments over teams getting hosed over #4 or something - but that format mitigates the ridiculous injustices you’ve had in the past, like Miami in 2000, the LSU/USC split title , Auburn in 2004 and now Michigan in 2006.

You would get OSU v. LSU and UM v. UF - pretty much would settle any debate this year or most years - UM v. UF and if OSU is really as good as everyone says they are. Oh, and yeah, we can finally put this SEC bullshit to bed.

[quote]iksrtfo28 wrote:
lets have a real champion…this voting stuff is B.S.[/quote]

Agreed

[quote]bigflamer wrote:
rainjack wrote:
Bullshit. Michigan had their chance - and decided to piss down their leg instead. They don’t get a second shot.

Pissed down their leg!?!?!? Did we watch the same game!?

Michigan came VERY close to winning that game at OSU, and had that bullshit personal foul not been called, who knows. Michigan is a great fucking team and I look forward to seeing the Gators and the “not so mighty” Trojans getting their asses kicked.

We’ll see if the Gators even come close to handling OSU as well as Michigan did.

[/quote]

My point being that Michigan had a chance to beat Ohio State - and they didn’t do it. It was a great game - but they lost.

They deserve no rematch. As for them being the second best team in the nation - I don’t think so.

A playoff system would end all of this arm chair qb-ing.

[quote]OARSMAN wrote:
Florida is a fucking fraud team and the SEC is fucking overrated. A lot of good teams but no GREAT teams. Ohio State is going to rape them - and rightly so.

The two best teams all year have been Michigan and Ohio State - that should have been the national title game. Period.

[/quote]

Dream on, boat boy.

[quote]Dweezil wrote:
Florida had a tougher schedule. Michigan already lost to them.[/quote]

Let’s modify that. Florida had a slightly tougher schedule. Michigan was #3 in schedule strength.

However, Florida’s only loss was to #10 Auburn while Michigan lost to the #1 team, at their house, and by only 3 points.

I really fucking hate OSU, but I hope to dear God that they just skullfuck the Gators off that field on Jan.8 - maybe then Urban Meyer will shut the fuck up about his overrated SEC.

My only regret is that Michigan doesn’t get a shot at whooping LSU’s ass - that would make it a nice Big Ten trifecta against the SEC come January.

[quote]rainjack wrote:

They deserve no rematch. As for them being the second best team in the nation - I don’t think so.

[/quote]

Of course they deserve the rematch.

You just don’t want to see a rematch for whatever reason, which is fine, but don’t come to me with this bullshit that Michigan is not without a doubt the second best team in the country.

So who is the second best team in the country then? Florida? Please. What the fuck have you been watching all season?

Thanks for outing yourself as a football moron.

regards,
boat boy

[quote]OARSMAN wrote:
the LSU/USC split title , Auburn in 2004 and now Michigan in 2006.
[/quote]

Point of reference: Fuck your split title.

LSU Won the game that year.

And screw you and your SEC hating ways you yankee devil.

GEAUX TIGERS!!!

[quote]OARSMAN wrote:
malonetd wrote:
I don’t really understand the whining for a playoff. This is exactly the type of scenario that could happen in a playoff format. The two best teams could potentially meet up before the title game. I’m sorry, but the BCS got this one right this year (minus the undefeated Boise State issue).

Not really. The current system sucks.

If you wanted to this year, you could have done a hybrid playoff + 1 system where you rotate two of the January BCS bowls to host “national semis” and use the top 4 teams in the final BCS rankings and pair them off 1 v. 4 and 2 v. 3 - winner would play Jan.8 in Glendale.

You might have some arguments over teams getting hosed over #4 or something - but that format mitigates the ridiculous injustices you’ve had in the past, like Miami in 2000, the LSU/USC split title , Auburn in 2004 and now Michigan in 2006.

You would get OSU v. LSU and UM v. UF - pretty much would settle any debate this year or most years - UM v. UF and if OSU is really as good as everyone says they are. Oh, and yeah, we can finally put this SEC bullshit to bed.

[/quote]

That’s basically what I have been saying in other threads. If there is a playoff, I would want as few participants as possible. I’m not against a playoff, I just don’t want to see a bunch of 3-loss teams winning national championships.

[quote]OARSMAN wrote:
My only regret is that Michigan doesn’t get a shot at whooping LSU’s ass - that would make it a nice Big Ten trifecta against the SEC come January. [/quote]

Hell yeah!! GO BADGERS!!