Michelle Obama, the Racist at Princeton

[quote]Professor X wrote:
DoubleDuce wrote:
Professor X wrote:
Tiribulus wrote:
ninearms wrote:
<<< Do you hold everyone to account for everything they said 23 years ago? >>>

I hold no one accountable for what they said 23 minutes ago if they denounce it and explain that it was said in an over excited state of mind that they are no longer in and their present actions affirm that declaration.

Here comes “HOW THE HELL DO YOU KNOW SHE HASN’T DENOUNCED IT”?

I don’t, maybe she has, but some of the things she said during the campaign sounded like politically tempered glimpses into that same general mindset. This is just one more file in the cabinet of the Obama’s anti American radical past.

Uh, why should she denounce it? Would you ask Rosa Parks to DENOUNCE her stance against sitting on the back of the bus? This country was racist as all hell 3 decades ago. How is it wrong to express distrust and dislike of a system that allows that to happen when you are the focus of it?

You are comparing Rosa Parks to her thesis? Come on man, that’s quite the stretch.

There is also a difference between a distrust for a system and a distrust of white people. I distrust the system, but not myself.

White people WERE the system 23 years ago. I am not comparing the two on principle. Don’t be silly. However, to claim blacks should denounce statements against the racist society they grew up in 30 years ago is about the most insane logic I’ve read here to date.[/quote]

But they aren’t today, which is why her views on the issue should have changed.

But once again you could hate and denounce the society without doing the same to all whites. The system is white does not equal the whites are the system.

[quote]DoubleDuce wrote:
Professor X wrote:
DoubleDuce wrote:
Professor X wrote:
Tiribulus wrote:
ninearms wrote:
<<< Do you hold everyone to account for everything they said 23 years ago? >>>

I hold no one accountable for what they said 23 minutes ago if they denounce it and explain that it was said in an over excited state of mind that they are no longer in and their present actions affirm that declaration.

Here comes “HOW THE HELL DO YOU KNOW SHE HASN’T DENOUNCED IT”?

I don’t, maybe she has, but some of the things she said during the campaign sounded like politically tempered glimpses into that same general mindset. This is just one more file in the cabinet of the Obama’s anti American radical past.

Uh, why should she denounce it? Would you ask Rosa Parks to DENOUNCE her stance against sitting on the back of the bus? This country was racist as all hell 3 decades ago. How is it wrong to express distrust and dislike of a system that allows that to happen when you are the focus of it?

You are comparing Rosa Parks to her thesis? Come on man, that’s quite the stretch.

There is also a difference between a distrust for a system and a distrust of white people. I distrust the system, but not myself.

White people WERE the system 23 years ago. I am not comparing the two on principle. Don’t be silly. However, to claim blacks should denounce statements against the racist society they grew up in 30 years ago is about the most insane logic I’ve read here to date.

But they aren’t today, which is why her views on the issue should have changed.

But once again you could hate and denounce the society without doing the same to all whites. The system is white does not equal the whites are the system.[/quote]

Why would her view of 23 years ago change?

Should the general view by blacks of the 1960’s change? Should they DENOUNCE how they felt in the 1960’s about the racist society around them?

I think some people like to play these games so they can claim there was no racism.

Should the general view by blacks of the 1960’s change? Should they DENOUNCE how they felt in the 1960’s about the racist society around them?

I think some people like to play these games so they can claim there was no racism.[/quote]

Because it’s easier to have a clear view in hindsight. Malcom X took back most of what he preached throughout his life, if he hadn’t, I’d have little respect for him.

She was understandably upset with the system, but does that justify distrust for a person based on race in hindsight? I don’t think so.

And you know I’m not trying to say anything never happened.

[quote]DoubleDuce wrote:
Professor X wrote:

I think some people like to play these games so they can claim there was no racism.

Because it’s easier to have a clear view in hindsight. Malcom X took back most of what he preached throughout his life, if he hadn’t, I’d have little respect for him.

She was understandably upset with the system, but does that justify distrust for a person based on race in hindsight? I don’t think so.

And you know I’m not trying to say anything never happened.[/quote]

My view is just fine in hind sight and again it makes ZERO sense to think that blacks should denounce how they feel about racism simply because you can’t see it as blatantly right now as you could 30 years ago.

Why is it so hard to accept that MANY people before you fucked over an entire race of people and it’s taken this long for us to even feel as if we are on equal ground as a result?

Instead you blame the victims of it for their feelings towards it as if they are now wrong for not wanting to be hated for their skin color.

What I would like for you to do is find a few women who were raped more than 10 years ago and ask them to denounce any negative statements they made against their rapist.

[quote]Headhunter wrote:
Brayton wrote:
Professor X wrote:

Palin wasn’t a young black woman growing up 23 years ago in this country. I would imagine her perspective of the world would be vastly different.

LOL. That’s the understatement of the year. Can you really even call what Palin has a “perspective”? Saying she has “perspective” seems akin to saying a blind man has “vision”. It’s a stretch. Thank her God or any of the others that she’s gone.

When did the magical moment occur when her thesis is now ‘understandable’ and we can can empathisize with the poor woman being pursued by Bull Conner?

Laughable.

[/quote]

Huh? I didn’t say her thesis is understandable or even that
she deserved my empathy. I was just trashing Palin for her ignorance.

Instead you blame the victims of it for their feelings towards it as if they are now wrong for not wanting to be hated for their skin color.
[/quote]

So she’s not intelligent enough to rise above her racism/seperatism? The woman is smart enough to make $350,000 a year (from a system she despises) yet back then she was an imbecile writing this trash?

She is friends with Bernadette Dohrn. Still thinks she no longer believes what she wrote way back then?

What else can apologists come up wrt the Obamas?

DoubleDuce wrote:
Professor X wrote:

My view is just fine in hind sight and again it make ZERO sense to think that blacks should denounce how they feel about racism simply because you can’t see it as blatantly right now as you could 30 years ago.

Why is it so hard to accept that MANY people before you fucked over an entire race of people and it’s taken this long for us to even feel as if we are on equal ground as a result?

[/quote]

Once again every white person was not the system. You are equating my race to a rapist, and that I take offense to.

I’m not saying she shouldn’t have been mad. I’m saying she shouldn’t have blanketly made assumptions about people with my color skin.

[quote]Brayton wrote:
Headhunter wrote:
Brayton wrote:
Professor X wrote:

Palin wasn’t a young black woman growing up 23 years ago in this country. I would imagine her perspective of the world would be vastly different.

LOL. That’s the understatement of the year. Can you really even call what Palin has a “perspective”? Saying she has “perspective” seems akin to saying a blind man has “vision”. It’s a stretch. Thank her God or any of the others that she’s gone.

When did the magical moment occur when her thesis is now ‘understandable’ and we can can empathisize with the poor woman being pursued by Bull Conner?

Laughable.

Huh? I didn’t say her thesis is understandable or even that
she deserved my empathy. I was just trashing Palin for her ignorance.[/quote]

Of what?

[quote]DoubleDuce wrote:
Professor X wrote:
DoubleDuce wrote:
Professor X wrote:

My view is just fine in hind sight and again it make ZERO sense to think that blacks should denounce how they feel about racism simply because you can’t see it as blatantly right now as you could 30 years ago.

Once again every white person was not the system. You are equating my race to a rapist, and that I take offense to.

I’m not saying she shouldn’t have been mad. I’m saying she shouldn’t have blanketly made assumptions about people with my color skin.[/quote]

Why don’t we hear the same as people blatantly write that blacks don’t pay attention to issues and just voted for the black guy?

DoubleDuce wrote:
Professor X wrote:
DoubleDuce wrote:
Professor X wrote:

I’m not saying she shouldn’t have been mad. I’m saying she shouldn’t have blanketly made assumptions about people with my color skin.

Why don’t we hear the same as people blatantly write that blacks don’t pay attention to issues and just voted for the black guy?[/quote]

Have I done that?

Make your argument with me, not my race. Or can I start attributing the faults of random black people to you?

And it goes both ways anyway. I listened to news report after news report talking about how the areas not voting for Obama were racist white trash, some senators even directly said it.

[quote]DoubleDuce wrote:
Professor X wrote:
DoubleDuce wrote:
Professor X wrote:
DoubleDuce wrote:
Professor X wrote:

Why don’t we hear the same as people blatantly write that blacks don’t pay attention to issues and just voted for the black guy?

Have I done that?

Make your argument with me, not my race. Or can I start attributing the faults of random black people to you?

And it goes both ways anyway. I listened to news report after news report talking about how the areas not voting for Obama were racist white trash, some senators even directly said it.[/quote]

LOL. Senetors stated that people who didn’t vote for Obama were white trash? Please, post the quote.

As far as this topic, with racism as sweeping an entity as it was, why would someone avoid speaking about whites in general if the entire system was historically “white” all of the way up through the highest ranking governing officials of the time? This wasn’t the odd harassment of a black person by a cop or the infrequent incident of being followed around a department store as a rule. That was occurring on a mass scale yet you wanted her to avoid speaking about white people generally?

Does that really make perfect sense to you or are you simply upset that someone didn’t exclude you personally a quarter of a century ago?

DoubleDuce wrote:
Professor X wrote:
DoubleDuce wrote:
Professor X wrote:
DoubleDuce wrote:
Professor X wrote:

Have I done that?

And it goes both ways anyway. I listened to news report after news report talking about how the areas not voting for Obama were racist white trash, some senators even directly said it.

LOL. Senetors stated that people who didn’t vote for Obama were white trash? Please, post the quote.

As far as this topic, with racism as sweeping an entity as it was, why would someone avoid speaking about whites in general if the entire system was historically “white” all of the way up through the highest ranking governing officials of the time? This wasn’t the odd harassment of a black person by a cop or the infrequent incident of being followed around a department store as a rule. That was occurring on a mass scale yet you wanted her to avoid speaking about white people generally?

Does that really make perfect sense to you or are you simply upset that someone didn’t exclude you personally a quarter of a century ago?

[/quote]

Rep. John Murtha: “Obama has got the problem with racist issue in western Pennsylvania.”

“There is no question that western Pennsylvania is a racist area.”

He also referred to them as “rednecks”. Do I need to go find quotes about West Va too? This took place on ABC.

I’m not saying not to discuss the issue but every white person was not part of the system. So you can’t generalize my entire race.

Sorry, he was a representative, not a senator.

[quote]Headhunter wrote:

Laughable.

[/quote]
Perhaps this magical moment will occur when you read this:
http://www.ajc.com/news/content/news/stories/2008/04/12/roommate_0413.html

[quote]Wreckless wrote:
Headhunter wrote:

Laughable.

Perhaps this magical moment will occur when you read this:
http://www.ajc.com/news/content/news/stories/2008/04/12/roommate_0413.html
[/quote]

From the link:

[quote]Catherine Donnelly shopped at Kmart, settled into her dorm room and soaked up the Gothic stone buildings where, over the next four years, she would grow into her own woman.

But her first day at Princeton held a surprise, too. And Donnelly knew it would mean confronting the past.

She walked into the historic Nassau Inn that evening and delivered the news to her mother, Alice Brown. “I was horrified,” recalled Brown, who had driven her daughter up from New Orleans. Brown stormed down to the campus housing office and demanded Donnelly be moved to another room.

The reason: One of her roommates was black.

“I told them we weren’t used to living with black people ? Catherine is from the South,” Brown said. “They probably thought I was crazy.”

Today both Donnelly, an Atlanta attorney, and Brown, a retired schoolteacher living in the North Carolina mountains, look back at that time with regret. Like many Americans, they’ve built new perceptions of race on top of a foundation cracked by prejudices past ? and present. Yet they rarely speak of the subject[/quote]

So she had to deal with that daily with her roommate but people are going to accuse HER of racism for responding to it?

Oh Shut up X, hell Im a Damn Spic. I work at the Post Office and when my Black Brothers found out I voted for McCain, I got so many damn backs and evil eyes turned to me.

That is how it is racist. Shit not one of them could straightly the debate one single policy without bringing up the word Im a Damn Republican siding with the Whitey.

Hell get your head out of your ass, you did not suffer your ancestors did. Get fucking over it. Hell my mayan ancestors suffered too, should I be bitching and moaning! Hell no, should I complain to the King of Spain, because Cortex took all our gold?

You damn crybaby, hell and you call yourself a military man. Think about it, why are all latin and black countries still inferior to Asian and European countries, cause all we do is point fingers, instead of taking action.

Sorry ass reverse racist, get over it and move on. Cause I have.

jre67t. i couldn’t agree more. thank you for posting that.

If whites are being accused because they didn’t vote for obama, why can’t blacks be accused of racist for voting for Obama. a much higher % of whites voted for Obama than blacks did for McCain.

Wouldn’t this make blacks more racist? why hasn’t the overwhelming support been looked at with possible racist tones as not voting for Obama in regards to white voters?

To Prof. X.

I see your point.

Jesus.

Obama derangement syndrome?

So soon?

[quote]jre67t wrote:
Oh Shut up X, hell Im a Damn Spic. I work at the Post Office and when my Black Brothers found out I voted for McCain, I got so many damn backs and evil eyes turned to me.

That is how it is racist. Shit not one of them could straightly the debate one single policy without bringing up the word Im a Damn Republican siding with the Whitey.

Hell get your head out of your ass, you did not suffer your ancestors did. Get fucking over it. Hell my mayan ancestors suffered too, should I be bitching and moaning! Hell no, should I complain to the King of Spain, because Cortex took all our gold?

You damn crybaby, hell and you call yourself a military man. Think about it, why are all latin and black countries still inferior to Asian and European countries, cause all we do is point fingers, instead of taking action.

Sorry ass reverse racist, get over it and move on. Cause I have.[/quote]

Amen! My family worked in the coal mines of Pa. years ago. Ever hear of a company town? The company store? Life wasn’t easy for every white person in this country. Every ethnic group has their trials and tribulations.

I have it better than my parents directly because they taught me well. And I’ve done better than them financially. I don’t focus how my grandfather died because of shitty conditions in the mines. He raised a great daughter in my mom.

She married my dad. who also came from a family who didn’t have a lot except some good values. All of my cousins are successful people. My sister graduated from Harvard, me from PSU. She married a guy she met at school there and they have a great life.

He also came from an upper lower/lower middle class family. Went to the USNA and became a fighter pilot. His brothers went to West Point and the USAFA. His sister became a lawyer.

They’re all great people and doing well. Similar story to my family’s story. my brother in law is also black and I’ve never heard him complain about racism. His parents weren’t rich and they definitely didn’t have it easy financially.

But Leo told me they always pushed the kids to get a great education.

Moral of the story, only you can hold yourself back. Not the man, the system or social blahs blahs.

Hell, no, let us discuss this:

Michelle Obama writes a Bachelor thesis about being a black student 23 years ago.

A women that has been her roommate comes out and agrees that yes indeed, there has been racism, because she and her mother were racists at that point.

That is immediately followed by an attack on Prof X for his reverse racism because he points out that y´all are fucking insane?

Is you all crazy?