Michelle Carter: The Girl Next Door

Ever known a psycho girl?

She is a truly evil person, but I’m having trouble believing she’s actually guilty of a crime.

[quote]Dr. Pangloss wrote:
She is a truly evil person, but I’m having trouble believing she’s actually guilty of a crime. [/quote]

I’ve yet to see what they charged her with. It’s not illegal to be an evil bitch.

https://vine.co/u/958867235932377088

Is this her? Or another crazy Michelle Carter? The mystery deepens…

[quote]Broncoandy wrote:

She is a truly evil person, but I’m having trouble believing she’s actually guilty of a crime. [/quote]

I’ve yet to see what they charged her with. It’s not illegal to be an evil bitch.[/quote]

Involuntary manslaughter.

Don’t see how that’s gonna stick. Unless it falls under some kind of someritan law where she was legally obligated to intervene?

So…would you tap her? I mean you’d want her to be punished for her crimes right? ;)-0

[quote]SexMachine wrote:
So…would you tap her? I mean you’d want her to be punished for her crimes right? ;)-0[/quote]

I’m uncomfortable with the concept of using sex as punishment. If you go down that rabbit hole, you’re suddenly in the middle of the Rwandan civil war, the WW2 joy divisions etc etc. But I guess you know that.

While she is quite…callous. I really don’t see how they can charge her with anything.

[quote]nighthawkz wrote:

I’m uncomfortable with the concept of using sex as punishment.

[/quote]

Of course you say that now when you can ride your high horse.

[quote]

If you go down that rabbit hole, you’re suddenly in the middle of the Rwandan civil war, the WW2 joy divisions etc etc. But I guess you know that.[/quote]

Joy division? Wasn’t that some creepy English new wave group and the lead singer with a weird voice died of a smack overdose or killed himself or something?

[quote]pushharder wrote:

If she’d encouraged someone else to kill him would feel the same way?[/quote]

Short of solicitation, yes.

[quote]StevenF wrote:
While she is quite…callous. I really don’t see how they can charge her with anything. [/quote]

they can charge her with whatever they want… doesn’t mean it will hold up in court.

involuntary manslaughter certainly won’t…

the lawyer bill is definitely going to hurt tho

Yes Ian Curtis of Joy Division. Depression, mental illness, epilepsy, heroin addiction, suicide. Weird music too. Well glad that’s settled.

It’s a criminal offence in Canada. I’m surprised it’s not illegal in the US.

[quote]SexMachine wrote:
Of course you say that now when you can ride your high horse.[/quote]

I actually think it’s fairly easy to say ‘no, I won’t fuck a woman to punish her’. The urge to beat someone as punishment may not always be morally justifiable but I find it a much more natural emotional response than ‘she’s evil, I’ll have sex with her’.

[quote]SexMachine wrote:
Joy division? Wasn’t that some creepy English new wave group and the lead singer with a weird voice died of a smack overdose or killed himself or something?
[/quote]

I was referring to this (which is where they got their name): House of Dolls - Wikipedia

/Thread: yeah, she’s evil. But I agree with those who say it might be hard to charge her with anything… Then again, I’m not a lawyer. Is there such a thing as conspiracy to suicide?