Michele Bachmann; Thoughts?

Top GOP candidates would be Tim Pawlenty Gov. of Minnesota and Mitt Romney of course. And my favorite (he probably won’t run) Gov. Chris Christie of NJ. Christie projects the common man aura and I think he’d attract enough votes to beat Obama. Bachman, Palin, Haley Barbour and Mike Huckabee have ZERO chance of beating Obama. They might help at the bottom of the ticket but that’s it. Christie/Barbour ticket would be strong geographically. But again Christie is most likely not running. But you never know.

Whomever the republican candidate is better get ready to be ruthlessly attacked by the mainstream liberal media. I assure you they do not want their chosen one to lose.

[quote]Rockscar wrote:
…It’s hard to hate Huckabee…he has that boyish, non evil twinkle in his eye and can engage anyone in a good conversation and connect…[/quote]

Rock; my problem with Huckabee is that he tries TOO hard to come off as the “Everyman”…and it comes off…sometimes…as disingenuous. (Unlike, say, Christie).

(Is that maybe because he is an Ideological Conservative)?

Mufasa

[quote]ZEB wrote:
Bachman, Palin, Haley Barbour and Mike Huckabee have ZERO chance of beating Obama. They might help at the bottom of the ticket but that’s it. [/quote]

The polls I’ve seen, including the recent CNN poll, Huckabee beats Obama. Followed only by Romney.

I don’t know what I think about anything for 12 at this point. Any established true conservative I can think of has exploitable baggage and anybody else has no experience. I’d prefer someone not from the legislative branch. What we need is someone with a personality that exudes conviction without bombast and who also has a solid record somewhere.

Somebody (ZEB?) give me a history lesson.

Now we know that the Religious Right eventually embraced Reagan as a President…but what were their feelings about him when he was running in the Republican Primaries the first time?

Mufasa

She’s ok in bed. But I can’t say I care for her views on many things.

[quote]Mufasa wrote:
<<< Religious conservatives will never allow the election of a Mormon President (either in Romney or Huntsmann). >>>[/quote]This isn’t necessarily true. If I didn’t vote for Romney it wouldn’t be because he was a mormon. Even though I view the LDS church as housing some of the most hair raisingly false doctrine ever spawned on this earth the church and it’s committed members (of which Romney isn’t even probably one) are conservative across the board and patriotic to the bone.

But many will not vote for him (or Huntsmann) for that reason, Tiribulus.

Just one of those “political” realities.

Mufasa

Bachmann voted for the patriot act, need we say more? She also can’t do an unfriendly interview to save her life.

I just needed to post this again…

Now we know that the Religious Right eventually embraced Reagan as a President…but what were their feelings about him when he was running in the Republican Primaries the first time?

Mufasa

I’m not saying he will make another run, but If Ron Paul DOES run a primary bid, you know for a fact his run will be even stronger than he previous primary run. The Tea Party Can’t Not Support him, and he is very good in debates. He IS the type of politician we all say we like, running clean campaigns, getting most of the money from the grassroots, not attacking other people just their positions.

I hope he runs, If not, I need to see a Limited Government Republican run or I’m voting Libertarian again.

V

[quote]Sloth wrote:

[quote]ZEB wrote:
Bachman, Palin, Haley Barbour and Mike Huckabee have ZERO chance of beating Obama. They might help at the bottom of the ticket but that’s it. [/quote]

The polls I’ve seen, including the recent CNN poll, Huckabee beats Obama. Followed only by Romney. [/quote]

Yeah, Huckabee has the exposure right now with his TV show. I like Huckabee, I think he’s a very gifted speaker and comes off as a genuince guy. But he used to be a Minister and the mainstream liberal media would probably have everyone thinking that he’d force people into Christianity if elected. There are other problems with Huckabee as well once a campaign heats up.

The same thing with Romney. You remember how the media took Romney apart for his mormonism. And at the same time Obama was raised a Muslim as a youth and no one said a word -And on top of that Obama attended a racially charged hate filled church for 20 years and the mainstream liberal media said nothing.

The republicans have to be very careful who is put up as the republican candidate. Keep in mind we witnessed the death of the independent media in 08’. They won’t be getting any better in 12’. They have nothing to lose now the world knows that they’re whores for the democratic party and especially the far left.

[quote]Mufasa wrote:

Mufasa[/quote]

They hated him because he was divorced. Back in the 70’s you were considered damaged goods as a Presidential candidate if you were divorced. However, Reagan became the darling of the religious right after Jerry Falwell (founder of the Moral Majority) gave him his blessing and the rest realized the extent of his conservatism. He was also helped when after four years Jimmy Carter, the Southern Baptist Sunday school teacher, turned out to be a great disappointment to this group.

Thanks, Zeb.

I don’t know if it was JUST the media that hounded Romney on his beliefs.

When he was on the stump, especially in the Southern and Mid-Western “Bible Belt” States…he was continually ridiculed and harassed about his beliefs just by “regular folks” at the meetings.

This all lead to his speech on tolerance. (Great speech…I’ll see if I can find it after work).

Mufasa

[quote]ZEB wrote:

[quote]Sloth wrote:

[quote]ZEB wrote:

The polls I’ve seen, including the recent CNN poll, Huckabee beats Obama. Followed only by Romney. [/quote]

Yeah, Huckabee has the exposure right now with his TV show. I like Huckabee, I think he’s a very gifted speaker and comes off as a genuince guy. But he used to be a Minister and the mainstream liberal media would probably have everyone thinking that he’d force people into Christianity if elected. There are other problems with Huckabee as well once a campaign heats up.

The same thing with Romney. You remember how the media took Romney apart for his mormonism. And at the same time Obama was raised a Muslim as a youth and no one said a word -And on top of that Obama attended a racially charged hate filled church for 20 years and the mainstream liberal media said nothing.

The republicans have to be very careful who is put up as the republican candidate. Keep in mind we witnessed the death of the independent media in 08’. They won’t be getting any better in 12’. They have nothing to lose now the world knows that they’re whores for the democratic party and especially the far left.
[/quote]

I’m not all concerned with what the media would do with the republican nominee, though. If it isn’t Huck’s or Romney’s faith, it’ll be some nominee’s plan to have “old people eating dog food.” You can’t get careful enough, outside of actuaul ethical transgressions, the Dem nominee will get the majority of positive coverage, regardless. You need a nominee who can field interviews–where they might have a chance at getting their message across in their own words–with articulation and wit. Again, outside of real skeletons in the closet, forget the media.

Does that mean liberals are even more intolernat because they’d vote in lesser numbers for a devout and practicing baptist or mormon? Hadn’t thought of it in that way…

[quote]Vegita wrote:
I’m not saying he will make another run, but If Ron Paul DOES run a primary bid, you know for a fact his run will be even stronger than he previous primary run. The Tea Party Can’t Not Support him, and he is very good in debates. He IS the type of politician we all say we like, running clean campaigns, getting most of the money from the grassroots, not attacking other people just their positions. [/quote]

Respectfully, a clueless post. Ron Paul is an afterthought for 2012. The Tea Party didn’t materially reference him throughout 2008-10, and they aren’t interested in him.

He was a weak candidate in 2008 (obviously) and he would be an even weaked one in 2012.

[quote]Sloth wrote:
Does that mean liberals are even more intolernat because they’d vote in lesser numbers for a devout and practicing baptist or mormon? Hadn’t thought of it in that way…[/quote]

Can you explain this thought a little more, Sloth?

Mufasa

[quote]thunderbolt23 wrote:

[quote]Vegita wrote:
I’m not saying he will make another run, but If Ron Paul DOES run a primary bid, you know for a fact his run will be even stronger than he previous primary run. The Tea Party Can’t Not Support him, and he is very good in debates. He IS the type of politician we all say we like, running clean campaigns, getting most of the money from the grassroots, not attacking other people just their positions. [/quote]

Respectfully, a clueless post. Ron Paul is an afterthought for 2012. The Tea Party didn’t materially reference him throughout 2008-10, and they aren’t interested in him.

He was a weak candidate in 2008 (obviously) and he would be an even weaked one in 2012.[/quote]

Ahh yes, I just imagined all the end the fed signs I saw at rallies I attended, what tea party chapter are you in again?

[quote]Vegita wrote:
I’m not saying he will make another run, but If Ron Paul DOES run a primary bid, you know for a fact his run will be even stronger than he previous primary run. The Tea Party Can’t Not Support him, and he is very good in debates. He IS the type of politician we all say we like, running clean campaigns, getting most of the money from the grassroots, not attacking other people just their positions.

I hope he runs, If not, I need to see a Limited Government Republican run or I’m voting Libertarian again.

V[/quote]

Paul will never be elected President of the United States. He is not a marketable commodity ina a media and Internet savvy age. Perhaps at the bottom of the ticket, but even then he does not have what it takes to help at that level. How about a nice cabinet appointment for him? Maybe I can do something there, call me we’ll have lunch.