Michael Phelps Watch

how do we know? and y is it undetectable?

but yea if they were all on it then id be fine with it.

Wow. 8 hundredths. AMAZING race.

I WILL NOT BE ABLE TO SLEEP ALL NIGHT

[quote]shizen wrote:
There are way too many medals possible in swimming, either way he’ll probably definitely get it but his world records wont stand for very long with the new technology in swimming suits and more competetion arising. [/quote]

I agree. I think they should only have one stroke. Having different strokes is like having more than one way to run - it doesn’t make sense. You should swim as fast as possible over a set distance, how you swim it shouldn’t matter.

Nice work by the US men’s 4x100m free relay team for making the French eat their words.

That was the most epic race I’ve ever seen. Those guys must feel on top of the world, however phelps has race a few hours after that. I have faith he’ll do great.

That was an awesome race

Nothing like serving the frogs a fat plate of humble pie.

[quote]Steel Nation wrote:
shizen wrote:
There are way too many medals possible in swimming, either way he’ll probably definitely get it but his world records wont stand for very long with the new technology in swimming suits and more competetion arising.

I agree. I think they should only have one stroke. Having different strokes is like having more than one way to run - it doesn’t make sense. You should swim as fast as possible over a set distance, how you swim it shouldn’t matter.

Nice work by the US men’s 4x100m free relay team for making the French eat their words.[/quote]

Why only 1 stroke? Thats stupid. Why more than 1 type of lift in weight lifting? Why more than 1 distance in track? Why different weight shotputs?

Different strokes require different skills and abilities. If anything just have a freestyle race where any stroke is legal

BUMP

(Update Done; MP is now 2 for 2. The 400 Free Team Relay was AMAZING!)

Mufasa

Did they win the 4X100 free and beat the frogs?

Edit: sweet. The French are loooooooosers.

[quote]PRCalDude wrote:
Did they win the 4X100 free and beat the frogs?[/quote]

Yep, and the anchor for the U.S. had to run down the 100M WR holder to do it.

I think the real question about this phelps guy is, should he bulk or cut.

[quote]Schwarzfahrer wrote:
I bet the guys from the steroid thread would love to see his various high tech stacks.
It’s a shame we’ll probably never know the details. [/quote]

What stacks? Are you saying that because he has a chance at 8 gold medals, he has to be on the juice?

DO you have anything other than your own pathetic opinion with which to back this up?

[quote]Malevolence wrote:
I think the real question about this phelps guy is, should he bulk or cut. [/quote]

He can do whatever he wants, because he’s the man.

That race was epic! And I could give a fuck about swimming, but to beat a world record by 4 seconds is astonishing. That shit gave me goose bumps all over…What a great day it was…The basketball team wasn’t to shabby either.
In any event that shit got me pumped, the gym will fear my presence today, that’s for sure.
Go USA!

[quote]Doug Adams wrote:
PRCalDude wrote:
Did they win the 4X100 free and beat the frogs?

Yep, and the anchor for the U.S. had to run down the 100M WR holder to do it.[/quote]

Not too solid of an anchoring job by that guy.

If you want to watch a replay of the relay or any event:

http://www.nbcolympics.com/video/index.html

That was AWESOME

[quote]rainjack wrote:
Schwarzfahrer wrote:
I bet the guys from the steroid thread would love to see his various high tech stacks.
It’s a shame we’ll probably never know the details.

What stacks? Are you saying that because he has a chance at 8 gold medals, he has to be on the juice?

DO you have anything other than your own pathetic opinion with which to back this up?

[/quote]

I actually believe (I am not 100% here so people correct me if I’m wrong) that Phelps, along with (again, not positive but pretty sure) Tyson Gay and Katie Hoff and possibly another athlete are doing what they are calling “Supertesting” where they are going to be tested every single day over the duration of the Olympics.

Of course, that doesn’t mean POSITIVE that they are clean (could still be beating the tests) but definitely is an admirable step to be taking to try to help clean up their sports.

[quote]jtrinsey wrote:
rainjack wrote:
Schwarzfahrer wrote:

I actually believe (I am not 100% here so people correct me if I’m wrong) that Phelps, along with (again, not positive but pretty sure) Tyson Gay and Katie Hoff and possibly another athlete are doing what they are calling “Supertesting” where they are going to be tested every single day over the duration of the Olympics.

Of course, that doesn’t mean POSITIVE that they are clean (could still be beating the tests) but definitely is an admirable step to be taking to try to help clean up their sports.[/quote]

Schwarzfahrer is just a hater.

[quote]jtrinsey wrote:
rainjack wrote:
Schwarzfahrer wrote:

Of course, that doesn’t mean POSITIVE that they are clean (could still be beating the tests) but definitely is an admirable step to be taking to try to help clean up their sports.[/quote]

They are doing super testing.