Michael Phelps Watch

This is one of the bigger stories of the Olympics; MP’s attempt to win 8 Golds in China, breaking Mark Spitz’s Olympic Record of 7 Golds in the 1972 Munich Games.

I’ll try to bump it and keep it updated.

1. 400 IM (Won; Broke his own World Record)

2. 400 Free Team Relay (WOW! What a race! Jason Lezak was the MAN!)

3. 200 Meter Free (Won; Broke his own World Record)

Other notes with this win:

With this win, Phelps tied for most TOTAL Olympic Golds won in a career (9) with Mark Spitz, Carl Lewis, Russian Gymnast Larysa Latynina and Finnish Runner Paavo Nurrmi.

He avenged the only individual loss he had four years ago at Athens.

(Speaking if diet; Phelps 6000cals is mostly consumed as a LOT of carbs; and mostly as pasta and pizza!)

1. 200 Butterfly (Won; Broke his own World Record)

2. 800 Meter Free Team Relay (World Record)

• The team broke the 7-Minute Mark, which is a major “barrier” for this event.
  1. 200 IM (Won; Broke his own World Record)

2. 100 Butterfly (Won…and WOW! By 0.01 seconds…)

Phelps: 50.58 Second Place: 50.59

Wins by 1/100th of a second.

Touches the wall with part skill; part luck (Phelps himself said he thought he had come in second); part strength-of-will.

Mark Spitz calls it epic.

That is was!

1. 4 X 100 Medley Team Relay (Won; World Record)

WITH HIS TEAM AND AMAZING TALENT, PHELPS DID IT!

16 Total Olympic Medals, 14 of which are GOLD

Only person in history to win 8 Golds in one Olympics.

I’m sure that Michael has inspired a lot of kids out there with Olympic dreams; and again, it was fun watching history being made!

Mufasa

I wonder why he wasn’t wearing that shark suit.

Are they not allowed to wear it?

Awesomesauce. Another record, he’s pretty amazing.

There are way too many medals possible in swimming, either way he’ll probably definitely get it but his world records wont stand for very long with the new technology in swimming suits and more competetion arising.

I bet the guys from the steroid thread would love to see his various high tech stacks.
It’s a shame we’ll probably never know the details.

theres a new suit called a laser suit designed by nasa…

water repellent and no stitchs, its put together with ultrasound and takes 15 mins to get into.

I think the IOC banned the LZR suit till further testing can be done.

All those suits take 20+ mins to get into. They normallz require help from 3 ppl to put on. They are skin tight to begin with and then you get another 2 sizes smaller. They are a bitch

lazer suits are being used… there was a bit about it on BBC over here in britain after one of our atheletes won their heat.

http://www.japantoday.com/category/olympics/view/swimmers-still-debating-which-suit-to-wear

american colleges have banned them but there in the olympics.

hmm…guess phelps just doesnt need a full bidy suit then

[quote]OctoberGirl wrote:

I wonder why he wasn’t wearing that shark suit.

Are they not allowed to wear it?

[/quote]

It’s legal but I don’t think it fits in the fairplay-spirit of the Olympics or any sport competition for that matter.

Michael will have to face little Pieter
Guess which I’m voting for.

they can wear it if they want… and obviously if they want to win they should wear it!

[quote]Erasmus wrote:
Guess which I’m voting for.[/quote]

You’ll be stomped.

phelps should do all 8… he smashed the record last night!

Phelps is a incredible swimmer, he’s started with his first win, will be good to see how it pans out.

Swimming is changing with these suits, not sure if its good or not.

if everyone has access to them then its fair game in my mind

Think of how intimidating it would be to compete against this guy. That probably give him a helluva edge.

[quote]Molotov_Coktease wrote:
Erasmus wrote:
Guess which I’m voting for.

You’ll be stomped.

[/quote]

I hope not

the USA set a new WR at the 4X100 m without Phelps

props to those guys

[quote]thosebananas wrote:
if everyone has access to them then its fair game in my mind[/quote]

Same logic should be for steroids, since we KNOW they are all on something most of which is undetectable. They should just get it over with and let them use whatever they want to be the best, since they are already doing it.