Michael Moore...

I get more and more sick of this guy with every passing day. I read an article recently and his next movie which is set to be released around the next election time will be titled Fahrenheit 911, and it’ll be a documentary about how George W. Bush is using the 3,000 lives lost on 9/11 to “further his own conservative agenda.” This guy is going up on my “to kill” list along with Rick Mercer. Right now, I’m debating who’s #1 and who’s #2.

I was about to post this as a “New Topic” in O/T, but what the hey. Let’s add it here!

"NO MOORE! MICHAEL GIVES UP HIS OSCAR
(2003-04-01)
It?s finally come to this and what a better way to end all of this squabbling that?s been going on for over a week now. Instead of letting the Academy take away his Oscar, just as a recently erected online petition calls for, Michael Moore has decided to give up his Academy Award for Best Documentary Feature. "

AND there is a online petition for anyone to sign who believe that Moore should indeed lose that Oscar.
Here’s the link: Petition Online - Petition Online has been retired

I do believe that li’l “speech” he gave at the Oscars was self-serving and NOT proper.

No doubt. This guy is a class-A moron. There is a difference between freedom of speech and being offensive and malicious to your fellow Americans. This guy shoud move to Canada or something. I’m sure they’d appreciate his BS.

And when the war is over I garanutee a movie from Mr. Moore. Of what what nature I have no clue. But, he’ll make one. He really pisses me off more then any other hollywood producer, actor, actress who are oppose to the war.

Here was my problem with Mr. Moore…

He always puts on this air of fighting “for the little man” or “the common man”…

Well…these aren’t millionaires fighting and dying in Iraq…and neither are their loved ones at home who just want them to be okay and come home…

I would bet that Mr. Moore’s self-serving comments did not lessen the fear and anxiety of any of the “common-folk” he professes to stand for…

Mufasa

By the way…

An interesting fact…

With all of his responsibilities and life experiences…and the burden of sending kids to die…I make more money than Tommy Franks…

…amazing…

Mufasa

why do you guys feel the need to insult anyone who does not share your opinion? He gives his and what do you do? Threaten to kill him.

whats your opinion? If you’re so sure about your own opinion why don’t you state it, with out the immature threats. can you do that?

Moore has become famous because he can state his opinion and back it up in a very effective and entertaining way. Thats why people listen to him.

Tyler, why do you even post on this forum. Your a useless peice of shit. This was a thread started about michael moore, why do you have to try to turn it into another Canadian bashing thread. You serve no purpose on this forum, why don’t you leave. Or better yet why don;t you read MBE’s poem and realize the forum used ot be a great place but people like you make it sot hat it isn;t anymore.
Grow the fuck up
Groove

Quick question…is everyone more pissed off about what Moore said or how he delivered it? Also…would he have been less offensive were he…ohhh…say, 200 lbs lighter, more attractive, eloquent, and charismatic…like Adrien Brody? They were both clearly against the war…they just made their statements in two totally different ways. Just curious…

I personally thought Moore’s speech was a bit inappropriate. I agree with what some of what he said (about Bush giving us “fictitious reasons” as to why we’re at war), but there is a time and a place to talk of such things.

Bah… I’m so upset that I spent money to go see Bowling for Columbine. His movie really bothered me because of how badly he slanted everything, but oh well, you know? Then I saw him on the Oscars and just got pissed. Ungrateful piece of trash. Never seeing another movie of his again.

Phaedrus

If you think for some reason that it’s unpatriotic to dissent, I have to ask why. + Moore isn’t the only one who is asking questions about 9/11/01, look at all the stuff here:

It a compilation of mainstream news articles written by professionals in the form of a timeline & it simply asks questions about what happened without accusing anybody & the compilers try to be as impartial/objective as possible. If it’s too fishy, though, of course everyone in the Bush administration should be convicted of treason & deriliction of duty, etc. Moore is doing a great service to his country by exposing stuff that other people don’t have the backbone to look into, becuase they’d lose their job @ CNN, NBC, FOX, etc.

I don’t have a problem with actors who oppose the war. I don’t agree with them, but that is there right. What i do have a problem with is the fact that they step over the line, like Moore did at the Oscars, and abuse their freedom of speech.

I support Mr Moore!. Bush IS a shithead punk whose father’s CIA/Oil connections helped ILLEGALLY elect him and this “war” only helps the petroleum industry. Time will expose bush and those who support his regime will laughed at for what they are SHEEP.

I haven’t heard any of the hoopla or know who this Michael Moore is, but I do believe that in America you have the right to free speech. So whether he said something that people agree or disagree with and whether it was in a proper setting or not doesn’t matter, as he is protected by the 1st Admendment.

Like I said, I have no clue who he is or what was said, but from what I’ve picked up, he said something at the academy awards (probably war related) and it as been “poo pooed” by many. Either way, he has the right to say what he wants, whether anyone agrees or not.

“Opinions are like assholes. Everyone has one.”

He’s a radical loser who represents only the very far, far outer fringes of political ideology. What’s comical is the fact that this fool believes he’s in touch with mainstream America.

Stole the election? Pa-lease! Have a little respect for our Supreme Court.

You know why Groove? Because people like Say constantly launch anti-American attacks on random threads or just start a thread for that purpose. So you have two options: you can either stop reading my posts or just pull your head out of your sorry ass. Have a good day.

Is the conceived “problem” with Moore (and other left-leaning celebs for that matter) is that their opinions are heard, while the average, right-leaning American citizen is not? Everyone spouts their opinions, and usually does so to the largest audience possible…celebrities command a bigger audience that the average man, yet thy are simply stating their opinion in the forum that they are a part of.

Somehow people seem to think that a celebrity voice is more powerful than the average voice; in term of media attention, yes, this is true, but in terms of actual political consequence, I doubt it, so why does everyone get all hot and bothered when Michael Moore speaks out against the war?

Now, and I almost hesitate to get into this, but I’m going to. There is a large flag-waving segment of the American population, well represented on this forum, that takes such offense to any anti-war statement that anyone who utters such a statement is a “coward” or “unAmerican” or “a sack of shit” etc. Get over yourselves. Please stop believing 100% of your government’s rhetoric. Find sources other than political speeches and CNN for your info on the war. Get into a rational conversation with a liberal without threatening to kill them. Understand that “The American Way” does not mean “The Only Way”.

This has been said time and again, but not supporting the war does not mean not supporting the troops, and not supporting the war does not mean not supporting America. I’m not American, I don’t support the war, but I do value the lives of the American soldiers (and Iraqis for that matter) that are in the middle of this conflict. I do support the American people, because we’re neighbours and pretty good friends (despite that softwood lumber thing)I do support the removal of a fucking despotic from control of Iraq. This may seem contradictory, but it corresponds with my pacifism; I don’t support the war because war kills people, I favour the removal of Saddam because he also kills people.

I’ve totally hijacked this thread, but I’ve done so because I wanted to share my opinion. Just like Michael Moore. You can take my t-ball trophy away if you want, I’ll still have my opinions.

I’d like to thank the Academy…

Thanks, stately.

You and Roy Batty (in another thread) have been able to provide exactly what are my thoughts. Much better than what I could do.

And I use to regularly check out Michael Moore’s website. He was, at one point, representative of the average Joe or Jane. But that impromptu speech at the Academy Awards, just made my nose cringe.

Nate Dogg: Moore produced the Academy Award winning “Bowling for Columbine” and this is what he said during his acceptance speech:

“We like nonfiction and we live in fictitious times. We live in the time where we have fictitious election results that elects a fictitious president. We live in a time where we have a man sending us to war for fictitious reasons. Whether it’s the fiction of duct tape or fiction of orange alerts we are against this war, Mr. Bush.
Shame on you, Mr. Bush, shame on you. And any time you got the Pope and the Dixie Chicks against you, your time is up.
Thank you very much.”

He recieved a mixture of jeers & applause. (Again, I personally like what he said, just not how & when he said it.)

This is exactly the kind of guy the First Amendment was designed for. Hell, if people didn’t hate what he said so much, it wouldn’t need that protection.

Incidentally, I think the guy is a dick and his “work” contributes no value to society.