Michael Moore - The End of Capitalism

Ugh. I don’t know about you, but every time I hear this blubbering twit’s voice, I want to put my fist through a wall.

His heart’s in the right place. I just wish he had a better grasp of the fact that government is to blame for everything that goes wrong.

[quote]LIFTICVSMAXIMVS wrote:
His heart’s in the right place. I just wish he had a better grasp of the fact that government is to blame for everything that goes wrong.
[/quote]

So was hitlers he just wante to make better people,

sorry that was out of line, I am more of an ends justify the means kind of guy than a good intentions kind of guy.

“Results”

[quote]apbt55 wrote:
LIFTICVSMAXIMVS wrote:

sorry that was out of line, I am more of an ends justify the means kind of guy than a good intentions kind of guy.

“Results”[/quote]

Yes, who cares how many people get killed if the end result is good, right?

The ends do not justify the means; especially so, if there are alternative means to those ends.

Ends are justified by individual values. From an ethical individualist perspective, the end can only be justified if it was voluntarily brought about and it does not result in harm to any others.

Michael Moore is an irrelevant person. Even less than Jesse Jackson…Commenting on his tripe is hardly a worth while endeavor…He is to the left of Stalin.

Personally, I love it when his sewer gets stuck open. A) it provides me with a good hearty laugh. B)he does a terrific job of illustrating the lunacy of the far left, far better than anyone on the right could ever hope for.

Seriously, thank god for the first amendment. It helps to pinpoint the fools.

[quote]LIFTICVSMAXIMVS wrote:
apbt55 wrote:
LIFTICVSMAXIMVS wrote:

“Results”

Yes, who cares how many people get killed if the end result is good, right?

The ends do not justify the means; especially so, if there are alternative means to those ends.

Ends are justified by individual values. From an ethical individualist perspective, the end can only be justified if it was voluntarily brought about and it does not result in harm to any others.[/quote]

Only one problem with that, it is not realistically possible , very utopian and would be awesome if it could realistically work.

But not everyone can be trusted to act in a way that will not harm others. Even if they don’t perceive what they are doing as harming others,

[quote]apbt55 wrote:
Only one problem with that, it is not realistically possible , very utopian and would be awesome if it could realistically work.

But not everyone can be trusted to act in a way that will not harm others. Even if they don’t perceive what they are doing as harming others,
[/quote]

That is the consequence of living in a free society. People do bad things sometimes. It is up to the victims to seek restitution but there is no way to prevent bad things from happening when there exists an element in society that would intentionally do harm.

I like Michael Moore, I think he’s very entertaining.

His “documentaries” are extremely biased, and I could see how they could anger people if watched as fact, but if you just watch them like they’re regular movies some of them are pretty decent. I’ve definitely seen worse.

I just can’t take him seriously, so maybe that’s why he doesn’t bother me.

Someone should tell Moore Capitalism has already died. It’s our mixed economy that needs to die. And will die when the boomers really start collecting their entitlements.

[quote]Sloth wrote:
Someone should tell Moore Capitalism has already died. It’s our mixed economy that needs to die. And will die when the boomers really start collecting their entitlements. [/quote]

You are, I fear, much more correct than many realize. I was just watching Durbin talk how the government may have to take over the auto companies pension funds. It’s been bad for a long time, but people have no idea what they’ve just done.

[quote]Tiribulus wrote:
Sloth wrote:
Someone should tell Moore Capitalism has already died. It’s our mixed economy that needs to die. And will die when the boomers really start collecting their entitlements.

You are, I fear, much more correct than many realize. I was just watching Durbin talk how the government may have to take over the auto companies pension funds. It’s been bad for a long time, but people have no idea what they’ve just done.[/quote]

http://www.carolinajournal.com/exclusives/dems-target-private-retirement-accounts.html

Guess we’ll find out just how far this goes.

[quote]Sloth wrote:
Someone should tell Moore Capitalism has already died. It’s our mixed economy that needs to die. And will die when the boomers really start collecting their entitlements. [/quote]

Not to mention the 100 million third-worlders we’ll soon give amnesty.

[quote]apbt55 wrote:

[/quote]

I’d argue we’re much better off living in a ‘free society’ amongst certain INDIVIDUALS who “(cannot) be trusted to act in a way that will not harm others” than to chance living with a GOVERNMENT that “(cannot) be trusted to act in a way that will not harm others”.

[quote]SinisterMinister wrote:
I’d argue we’re much better off living in a ‘free society’ amongst certain INDIVIDUALS who “(cannot) be trusted to act in a way that will not harm others” than to chance living with a GOVERNMENT that “(cannot) be trusted to act in a way that will not harm others”.

[/quote]

This. This one thousand times over and over.

Well, I pretty much agree with what he had to say. I agree that the automakers don’t deserve a handout.

But yes, he is annoying.

I can’t see the link - someone help me out: is his argument why the Big Three shouldn’t get bailed because they awful, irresponsible choices and they don’t deserve taxpayer bailouts for the excesses?

Because if so, good for him - and that is exactly why I would tell him he doesn’t deserve access to universal health care.

[quote]thunderbolt23 wrote:
I can’t see the link - someone help me out: is his argument why the Big Three shouldn’t get bailed because they awful, irresponsible choices and they don’t deserve taxpayer bailouts for the excesses?

Because if so, good for him - and that is exactly why I would tell him he doesn’t deserve access to universal health care.[/quote]

Yes that is what he basically said.

And I agree with your second point.

[quote]thunderbolt23 wrote:

Because if so, good for him - and that is exactly why I would tell him he doesn’t deserve access to universal health care.[/quote]

I caught a clip earlier on TV, but was somewhat distracted at the time (on the phone)where he seemed to be saying that Obama will finally usher in the end of capitalism and good riddance to it. All this crisis is making it necessary. I was trying to listen to a customer and him at the same time, a bad habit, so I may have gotten it wrong.

[quote]Tiribulus wrote:
thunderbolt23 wrote:

Because if so, good for him - and that is exactly why I would tell him he doesn’t deserve access to universal health care.

I caught a clip earlier on TV, but was somewhat distracted at the time (on the phone)where he seemed to be saying that Obama will finally usher in the end of capitalism and good riddance to it. All this crisis is making it necessary. I was trying to listen to a customer and him at the same time, a bad habit, so I may have gotten it wrong.[/quote]

Okay, I listened to the clip again, and he didn’t once say Obama in the link provided.

Perhaps he brought it up elsewhere in the interview?

It is basically a rant of how the big 3 are asking for more money when they horribly mismanaged their companies.