Michael Jordan's Hall of Fame Speech

[quote]LankyMofo wrote:
Heracles_rocks wrote:
WhiteFlash wrote:
I recorded it. I don’t care what anyone says, that’s the baddest motherfucker of all time.

Absolutely, MJ was, is and always will be the Greatest Basketball player! His passion and competitive drive probably never will be matched!

That’s a little short sighted. There could be another millenia of basketball left to be played, there’s already 1 player (Kobe) that [bold]could[/bold] threaten MJ’s spot as the best before he’s done, and you’re already giving MJ the “best there ever will be” award.[/quote]

I couldnt agree more. They probably called the first player ever to score 30 points the “best there ever will be”…

And besides, Kobe has at least 8 years left in his basketball career. I’m a big fan of his and I know ALOT of people hates the guy’s guts, but he’s the best player on the planet.

[quote]Airtruth wrote:
Kanye interrupted it
[/quote]

You have earned my vote for post of the year. This ones goes into 2009 Hall of Fame. Excellently played, sir.

[quote]LankyMofo wrote:
Heracles_rocks wrote:
WhiteFlash wrote:
I recorded it. I don’t care what anyone says, that’s the baddest motherfucker of all time.

Absolutely, MJ was, is and always will be the Greatest Basketball player! His passion and competitive drive probably never will be matched!

That’s a little short sighted. There could be another millenia of basketball left to be played, there’s already 1 player (Kobe) that [bold]could[/bold] threaten MJ’s spot as the best before he’s done, and you’re already giving MJ the “best there ever will be” award.[/quote]

Lanky, I’m a basketball guy. Check my dunk vids for proof, haha. Kobe Bryant is the best one-on-one offensive player of all time, and in my eyes that’s not even up for debate. He’s also the second best perimiter player of all-time. With that, Michael Jordan is the coldest motherfucker to ever touch a basketball. His will, drive, and competitiveness combined with his athletic ability and skill set put him on a pedestal that’s pretty much untouchable.

There might be better basketball players, but there ain’t never gonna be another Michael Jordan.

Out of all todays “superstar” only Kobe has a chance to reach MJ’s greatness.

A few more championships and he’ll be there.

As said before, there’s enough time, any his performance in this years NBA Finals was simply amazing.

[quote]matko5 wrote:

As said before, there’s enough time, any his performance in this years NBA Finals was simply amazing.[/quote]

Winning more championships wouldn’t matter IMO. MJ never lost a finals, never. None of them even went to 7 games, he did what had to be done to win.
Kobe also started his career earlier than MJ thus giving him more chances for titles. Not the strongest case there, but it does give an advantage to Kobe with that one

Slam Dunk

:smiley:

[quote]jehovasfitness wrote:
matko5 wrote:

As said before, there’s enough time, any his performance in this years NBA Finals was simply amazing.

Winning more championships wouldn’t matter IMO. MJ never lost a finals, never. None of them even went to 7 games, he did what had to be done to win.
Kobe also started his career earlier than MJ thus giving him more chances for titles. Not the strongest case there, but it does give an advantage to Kobe with that one[/quote]

And even if Kobe did surpassed/tied Jordan’s accomplishments, I honestly dont think people would give Kobe the benefit of the doubt and call him the G.O.A.T. They hate him too much for that.

What’s not up for debates though is the FACT that SKILL WISE, Kobe is better than Michael. Kobe’s basketball skills is unparalleled IMO. Jordan was obviously more physically gifted, but like the Zen Master tells it, Kobe is more skilled than Michael was even in his prime.

Here’s the Phil Jackson interview:

Loved it!

How he tells about how other people were talking shit about him and he turned it into something to fuel his competitive spirit. I don’t get what is the problem with his speech. It’s super positive and honest.

Awesome!

funmetal

Michael Jordan = most famous athlete to ever walk the face of the earth. And I liked his speech.

Michael Jordan was unquestionably a better athlete than Kobe. Lebron James is the only person in today’s NBA that might be a more impressive athlete just because he combines his atheleticism with freakish size and strength. When MJ came back in the mid and late nineties he was fairly athletic, but people tend to forget why he was called Air Jordan in the 80’s and early nineties. Not only could he fly, but he ran a 4.3 forty back in college.

His mobility combined with his enormous hands meant that he was virtually unstoppable going to the basket. So he may not have had Kobe’s range or made some of those crazy shots Kobe has made, but he didn’t have to and he gained his jumpshot abilities mainly because people started to back off of him and because he started to age.

[quote]waldo21212 wrote:
Michael Jordan = most famous athlete to ever walk the face of the earth. And I liked his speech.[/quote]

No, not really… one or two soccer players have been more famous if we talk globally IMO. But I would say MJ is the -best- athlete to ever walk the face of the earth.

[quote]Nikiforos wrote:
waldo21212 wrote:
Michael Jordan = most famous athlete to ever walk the face of the earth. And I liked his speech.

No, not really… one or two soccer players have been more famous if we talk globally IMO. But I would say MJ is the -best- athlete to ever walk the face of the earth.[/quote]

Mohammad Ali?

[quote]Nikiforos wrote:
waldo21212 wrote:

No, not really… one or two soccer players have been more famous if we talk globally IMO. But I would say MJ is the -best- athlete to ever walk the face of the earth.[/quote]

I dunno. A reporter once said he thought Magic Johnson was the most recognized athlete in the world at one time, till he saw a 40 ft mural of Jordan in Barcelona, and how you could go into the jungles of the Congo and find MJ jerseys. How much of that last part is true, I dunno, but with the cable TV and the internet Jordan I would have to say is the most recognizable athlete in all the world, probably to this day

[quote]WhiteFlash wrote:
Kobe Bryant is the best one-on-one offensive player of all time…[/quote]

That’s what she said!

Yeah, I’m going to hell.

[quote]matko5 wrote:
.[/quote]

Lebron.

[quote]WhiteFlash wrote:

Lanky, I’m a basketball guy. Check my dunk vids for proof, haha. Kobe Bryant is the best one-on-one offensive player of all time, and in my eyes that’s not even up for debate. He’s also the second best perimiter player of all-time. With that, Michael Jordan is the coldest motherfucker to ever touch a basketball. His will, drive, and competitiveness combined with his athletic ability and skill set put him on a pedestal that’s pretty much untouchable.[/quote]

You gonna make that statement without dropping Magic’s name, son?!

Magic = best point guard ever

MJ = best shooting guard

I want to find the video of Kobe schooling the boys at Rucker Park. I heard he showed up one day and made everyone look pathetic. Of course, they don’t really play defense at Rucker.

[quote]FightinIrish26 wrote:
matko5 wrote:

Lebron.[/quote]

Dwyane Wade

Yes I’m a heat fan

As I watched MJ’s speech I thought nothing bad about it, I was surprised when I started hearing all these people criticizing his speech for no reason.

I wouldnt be surprised if he came back for another season.

Yeah, I’d say if you count LeBron’s potential throughout the remainder of his career, he has the chance to get further than Kobe and become a better player in his prime that Kobe is/will be. A lot of that is purely due to LeBron’s athleticism. Kobe just doesn’t have the physical abilities but he is also more of a finesse player.

I think LeBron lived up to every bit of his hype and in pro sports that’s truly an anomaly.

Don’t forget that every great player had a rabbit; whose fade away jumper did Kobe study again? Oh, right.