Michael Jordan

Jump Cats looks like a cross between Loui Simmons Plyo Seat and a Power Squat Machine.

http://www.powernetics.com/index.php?pgid=3&subid=5

If this thing will make me jump like MJ, I’m fucking buying 2.

But this video hasn’t changed what I think about most people who played basketball. I still think they’re pretty nonathletic and don’t work real hard.
[/quote]

I’d be willing to wager, that across the board basketball players are the most athletic of all. Hand eye coordination,speed,strength,agility,power,endurance,dexterity,explosiveness. Ian King has an article on this site where , when asked who the most impressive group of athletes are responds basketball players[which doesn’t neceassarily make it so, it just backs up what I said]. You’re wrong about highschool ballers as well.SOME of the good ones might coast on talent and just enough work to get by, but those who are great bust their fuckin’ asses.

[quote]WhiteFlash wrote:

But this video hasn’t changed what I think about most people who played basketball. I still think they’re pretty nonathletic and don’t work real hard.

I’d be willing to wager, that across the board basketball players are the most athletic of all. Hand eye coordination,speed,strength,agility,power,endurance,dexterity,explosiveness. Ian King has an article on this site where , when asked who the most impressive group of athletes are responds basketball players[which doesn’t neceassarily make it so, it just backs up what I said]. You’re wrong about highschool ballers as well.SOME of the good ones might coast on talent and just enough work to get by, but those who are great bust their fuckin’ asses.[/quote]

Most people in general coast. I’d be willing to say that most people in all varsity high school sports don’t try that hard.
Maybe something like 45% of all XC runners, 30% of Football players, 10% of basketball players, etc.

[quote]FightingScott wrote:
I like how everyone clips out where I said “I’ve always been under the impression…”
and then flames me for what I used to think.

[/quote]

No one flamed you. If that’s your idea of being flamed, I’d hate to see how you react to actual flaming.

I don’t think anyone would disagree that the majority of high school and college athletes coast through. Truth is, it’s not just athletics. It’s everything.

Great comments guys, and thanks for the insight on Jump Cats. I think judging by this pic, even Michael Jordan did the most changing of his physique in the gym after he went pro.

I like how everyone clips out where I said “I’ve always been under the impression…”
and then flames me for what I used to think.

So I thought that NBA players spent their hard hours training on the court, not in the gym. I no longer think that.

So I think, and still think, that the majority of High School and College basketball players don’t really try that hard and aren’t very fit. I still think that. Cry me a fucking river if you think otherwise. Sure, there are exceptions to prove this wrong but I’m callin’ it as I sees it.

I didn’t mean to give the impression that I thought it was easy to be in the NBA. I meant to give the impression that it’s easy to breeze through high school basketball and garner success with all talent and no work.

This video changed my thoughts about how pro ball players spend their training time. I didn’t doubt they worked hard but I didn’t think they ever got under the bar.

[/quote]

not flaming you just stated my opinion…

asinine.

Bodybuilders are not athletic and don’t work hard, just use steroids.

See how dumb that is?

[quote]FlavaDave wrote:

FightingScott wrote:

asinine.

Bodybuilders are not athletic and don’t work hard, just use steroids.

See how dumb that is?[/quote]

Please change your avatar. It freaks me the fuck out.

How about most people don’t work hard. Period.

How about most people don’t work hard. Period.[/quote]

I’ll roll with that.

Btw, thanks for posting that 20 rep squat routine a while back. I’m using it now. It’s rough.