Michael Jordan Quote?

Hey, guys!

Can anybody post the famous quote by Micheal Jordan where he states something along the lines about being successful because of his many failures?

(I think that he mentions something about all the shots he would miss in a game???)

Anyway…it’s been posted here; I can’t seem to find it with a search!

Thanks!

Mufasa

“I’ve missed more than 9000 shots in my career. I’ve lost almost 300 games. 26 times, I’ve been trusted to take the game winning shot and missed. I’ve failed over and over and over again in my life. And that is why I succeed.”

Leo

You miss 100% of the shots you dont take.

[quote]Mufasa wrote:
Hey, guys!

Can anybody post the famous quote by Micheal Jordan where he states something along the lines about being successful because of his many failures?

(I think that he mentions something about all the shots he would miss in a game???)

Anyway…it’s been posted here; I can’t seem to find it with a search!

Thanks!

Mufasa

“I have missed more than 9,000 shots in my career. I have lost almost 300 games. On 26 occasions I have been entrusted to take the game winning shot… and I missed. I have failed over and over and over again in my life. And that’s precisely why I succeed.”
– Michael Jordan

There you go Mufasa

I believe I can help you with that quote.

"I succeeded because of my whining, complaining and over-reacting to even the slightest touch by a defender. When I wasn’t that important yet, I got bitch-slapped by the Detroit Pistons, Boston Celtics and LA Lakers, and my whining didn’t go far.

Once I became the most important sports celebrity ever, I parlayed that into unprecedented intimidating of officials, opponents and the league. So much so that I am number one all time in fouls called in favor of and free throws taken even though my longevity was nowhere near that of other greats.

In short, even though I was a great player, I don’t deserve to touch the nutsack of Bird, Magic, Kareem, Julius and others. My lesson to others would be complain and intimidate, ignore your roots, do nothing with your wealth and status, and laugh all the way to the bank. Oh, and screw those 12 year olds in Indonesia makin my shoes."

Thank you

Oh shit Sonny S…that was some funny shit right there!

You all have it wrong. It goes like this:

I’ve missed more that 9000 shots in my career even though I pushed off the defender 8749 times. And that is why I succeed.

[quote]lostinthought wrote:
Oh shit Sonny S…that was some funny shit right there! [/quote]

hahahahahahaahah yeah

[quote]Sonny S wrote:

"I succeeded because of my whining, complaining and over-reacting to even the slightest touch by a defender. When I wasn’t that important yet, I got bitch-slapped by the Detroit Pistons, Boston Celtics and LA Lakers, and my whining didn’t go far.

Once I became the most important sports celebrity ever, I parlayed that into unprecedented intimidating of officials, opponents and the league. So much so that I am number one all time in fouls called in favor of and free throws taken even though my longevity was nowhere near that of other greats.

In short, even though I was a great layer, I don’t deserve to touch the nutsack of Bird, Magic, Kareem, Julius and others. My lesson to others would be complain and intimidate, ignore your roots, do nothing with your wealth and status, and laugh all the way to the bank. Oh, and screw those 12 year olds in Indonesia makin my shoes."

Thank you
[/quote]

I guess he intimidated all the ESPN contributors who voted him the best athlete of the century.

[quote]Sonny S wrote:

In short, even though I was a great layer, I don’t deserve to touch the nutsack of Bird, Magic, Kareem, Julius and others. My lesson to others would be complain and intimidate, ignore your roots, do nothing with your wealth and status, and laugh all the way to the bank. Oh, and screw those 12 year olds in Indonesia makin my shoes."

Thank you
[/quote]

Not saying I agree entirely, but…hahahahahahahaahaha! You forgot Bill Russell though.

[quote]lucky_swami wrote:
Sonny S wrote:

Thank you

I guess he intimidated all the ESPN contributors who voted him the best athlete of the century. [/quote]

Mike Tirico, is that you?

[quote]Sonny S wrote:
lucky_swami wrote:
Sonny S wrote:

Thank you

I guess he intimidated all the ESPN contributors who voted him the best athlete of the century.

Mike Tirico, is that you?[/quote]

I’m not a huge Jordan fan, but any unbias person would have to agree he was one of the greatest basketball players of all time.

[quote]Sonny S wrote:

In short, even though I was a great player, I don’t deserve to touch the nutsack of Bird, Magic, Kareem, Julius and others. My lesson to others would be complain and intimidate, ignore your roots, do nothing with your wealth and status, and laugh all the way to the bank. Oh, and screw those 12 year olds in Indonesia makin my shoes."

Thank you
[/quote]

LOL You sound like a sore Knicks fan. :wink: I guess it was like some kind of accident that they won 6 titles with 2 different threepeats?

I think Jordan was a jerk and pushed off and all of that… but clearly was the best player of all-time. How is it we are even debating this?

Wow! Quite the jealous bunch we have here huh? I think all of this Jordan-hatin’ is funny.

While I will partially agree that Jordan got away with some calls, that is a privilege (I’m not saying I agree) that all of the top NBA stars receive including those that came before Jordan such as Magic and Bird.

“Bitch slapped” by Detroit in the late 1980’s is a very accurate statement considering the fact that the Pistons had some of the dirtiest players in history practically mauling Jordan such as: Bill Laimbeer and Dennis Rodman. They even had their own little “Jordan rules” created to stop him very illegally (illegal meaning against NBA rules) simply because they couldn’t stop him by playing clean defense.

The game in general has changed a lot especially physically.

Did whining help Jordan to dunk from the free throw line twice? Did it assist him w/hitting 6 three pointers in the first half? Did it help him gain the unfair advantage that much? Did it really?

I think not. Bunch of jealous morons.

[quote]Sonny S wrote:

Thank you
[/quote]

Hater. What are you a Detroit fan? HE is the greatest to play the game ever.

[quote]Nick Radonjic wrote:
Sonny S wrote:

Thank you

Hater. What are you a Detroit fan? HE is the greatest to play the game ever.[/quote]

No shit! What a fuckin’ idiot!

Thanks, AoP37!

That’s the one I was looking for!

(What’s up with the hatin’ of one of the Game’s Greatest, guys?)

Mufasa

[quote]Sonny S wrote:

Thank you
[/quote]

I could have guessed New York or even Cleveland without even looking. Everyone has opinions though. It was entertaining atleast!!

[quote]Sonny S wrote:
some lame-ass bullshit

[/quote]

Sorry, you don’t win 6 championships in 8 (might have had 8 in a row if it wasn’t for his baseball experiment) years on whining and favorable calls.

YOU sound more like the whiny bitch.

A different one from MJ that I read went something like:

I dont have a problem with failure, everybody fails at something. What I have a problem with is not trying.