Michael Jordan 'Failure' Commercial

Best commercial ever.

i’ve always liked this one.

[quote]orion wrote:
Best commercial ever.

[/quote]

Yeah…that commercial puts his career in perspective…but have you seen Older MJ vs. Young MJ?

[quote]Big_Boss wrote:
orion wrote:
Best commercial ever.

Yeah…that commercial puts his career in perspective…but have you seen Older MJ vs. Young MJ?

Damn, that’s some powerful message.

It sent shivers down my spine.

Gatorade makes some of the most inspiring and moving commercials. They should make one up for the Taliban and Al-Qaeda to play on a free Apple iPhone dropped out of a B-52 bomber.

Propaganda? Absolutely.

Effective? Unknown.

Worth a try? T-Nation what do you think?
It’s not like the current strategy is working in Iraq or Afghanistan.

Peace,

[quote]Big_Boss wrote:
orion wrote:
Best commercial ever.

[/quote]

My biggest gripe with the young MJ/old MJ commercial is that in real life, young MJ would have obliterated old MJ in a game of 1 on 1.

[quote]TKOWKD1 wrote:
Big_Boss wrote:
orion wrote:
Best commercial ever.

Damn, that’s some powerful message.

It sent shivers down my spine.

Gatorade makes some of the most inspiring and moving commercials. They should make one up for the Taliban and Al-Qaeda to play on a free Apple iPhone dropped out of a B-52 bomber.

Propaganda? Absolutely.

Effective? Unknown.

Worth a try? T-Nation what do you think?
It’s not like the current strategy is working in Iraq or Afghanistan.

Peace,

[/quote]

Great, then we’d just have a bunch of inspired terrorists.

In Game 6 of the 1997 NBA Finals, Chicago trailed by one point with just seconds left on the clock. They had time for one last shot: a score, and the Bulls win their second straight championship 4-2; a miss, and they have to travel to Utah to face the Jazz in a decisive Game 7.

During the final timeout, coach Phil Jackson drew up a play for MJ to take the final shot. He turned to his gym-rat, brilliant shooting guard Steve Kerr and asked what he thought about the play.

Kerr’s immortal response: “Michael Jordan has missed 9,000 shots, lost 300 games…”

The huddle died laughing, and at the final buzzer, it was Steve Kerr who nailed the Championship clinching jumper. Picture above.

[quote]tGunslinger wrote:
In Game 6 of the 1997 NBA Finals, Chicago trailed by one point with just seconds left on the clock. They had time for one last shot: a score, and the Bulls win their second straight championship 4-2; a miss, and they have to travel to Utah to face the Jazz in a decisive Game 7.

During the final timeout, coach Phil Jackson drew up a play for MJ to take the final shot. He turned to his gym-rat, brilliant shooting guard Steve Kerr and asked what he thought about the play.

Kerr’s immortal response: “Michael Jordan has missed 9,000 shots, lost 300 games…”

The huddle died laughing, and at the final buzzer, it was Steve Kerr who nailed the Championship clinching jumper. Picture above.[/quote]

You win the thread… try and repost your pic though.

[quote]hockechamp14 wrote:
You win the thread… try and repost your pic though.[/quote]

Tried posting again.

If it doesn’t come through, click on this link:

[quote]tGunslinger wrote:

The huddle died laughing, and at the final buzzer, it was Steve Kerr who nailed the Championship clinching jumper. Picture above.[/quote]

thats an amazing story! Is it true?

[quote]Mick28 wrote:
There’s one more failure that they should have added to the Jordan spot:

“I thought I was so gifted that I could play any sport I wanted. I quit basketball to play baseball. I couldn’t hit a fast ball…and failed…”[/quote]

But with such grace and good humor, I would count it a success. It takes courage to chase a dream as publicly as he did, to risk looking foolish. And let’s face it, he’s a gifted enough athlete that he could just as easily have succeeded.

Were you irritated when Lance Armstrong ran the NYC Marathon, too?

orion, I loved the commercial. Thanks for posting it.

[quote]Mick28 wrote:
He should have mentioned the Baseball experience it only would have strengthened the commercial.
[/quote]

Maybe it’s a failure worth mentioning, but it wouldn’t have fit-in in this commercial.

[quote]Mick28 wrote:
EmilyQ wrote:
Mick28 wrote:
There’s one more failure that they should have added to the Jordan spot:

“I thought I was so gifted that I could play any sport I wanted. I quit basketball to play baseball. I couldn’t hit a fast ball…and failed…”

But with such grace and good humor, I would count it a success. It takes courage to chase a dream as publicly as he did, to risk looking foolish. And let’s face it, he’s a gifted enough athlete that he could just as easily have succeeded.

Were you irritated when Lance Armstrong ran the NYC Marathon, too?

orion, I loved the commercial. Thanks for posting it.

I’m sorry that you didn’t understand my very simple point. It seems that you do that a lot around here.[/quote]

Perhaps it’s good I have you to explain things to me, using those small, simple words of yours. As well as less punctuation than is typical, because you seem to understand instinctively how much all those apostrophes and commas confuse me.

No one said anyone said that. So…your point?

You seemed to be suggesting that it was hubris for him to drop basketball, which he did well, to play baseball, which he did not do well, and at which he failed. Your post sounded a little sneering to me. In fact, a lot sneering.

I wonder if a change in diet would sweeten your disposition? Maybe some vitamins? More sleep? It can’t be pleasant to be as grouchy as you are, Mick.

Lance hubristically claimed he’d finish the marathon in under 3 hours. Many people were outraged at his arrogance in making the claim. (He made it. But only just barely.)

Fine. Then say that, instead of the incredibly bitter-sounding “I thought I was so gifted that I could play any sport I wanted.”

In which case, I would say something like “I totally agree with you! And hey, as gifted an athlete as he is, he had a good shot at succeeding.”

Are you suggesting that I study your posts, brow furrowed in concentration, trying to work out WTF you’re trying to say? But Mick, I already do that!

[quote]calebcaleb wrote:
thats an amazing story! Is it true?
[/quote]

Yes.

[quote]EmilyQ wrote:

Are you suggesting that I study your posts, brow furrowed in concentration, trying to work out WTF you’re trying to say? But Mick? I already do that!

[/quote]

Most of the times I study his posts, brow furrowed in concentration, barely believing WTF he is trying to say.

[quote]Mick28 wrote:
EmilyQ wrote:
You seemed to be suggesting that it was hubris for him to drop basketball, which he did well, to play baseball, which he did not do well, and at which he failed. Your post sounded a little sneering to me. In fact, a lot sneering.

Sneering huh? Well, maybe it was, so what?[/quote]

Well, so, this is where we started. I was simply saying that I thought it was courageous of him to drop the thing he did incontestably well to do the thing he risked doing poorly. Most people would stay safely in their comfort zone. I view his choice as being entirely in character for him…an offshoot of the drive and fortitude that brought him greatness.

[quote]I always adjust my posts to the level of the people I’m trying to reach. Since I didn’t have a crayon available I couldn’t quite reach down to your level. So, I did the best I could under the circumstances.

Not at all grouchy just trying to sweep out the trash. It’s never a clean job, but someone has to do it.

Well, you see genius, one can make two points in one sentence. Sorry you couldn’t keep up with it.

I w i l l T y p e S l o w e r f o r y o u

L O L

Sorry to hear that you’re actually trying…and you just can’t keep up.

[/quote]

Don’t be mean. It’s beneath you. Plus, I’m just figuring you’re still bitter from when you were mocking the way rappers dress compared to rock ‘n’ rollers, and I posted that insanely uncool picture of Van Halen.