Michael Jackson Tribute Thread

I wanted to start a fresh thread for the King of Pop as the other one has turned into some debate. Jackson deserves to be well-regarded as one of the most (if not THE most) influential artists of our time and it’s sad to see him go. I hope he now has the peace he always wanted.

Please post pictures, videos, and any thoughts you would like to share about a man who changed and affected the entire world with his music and talents.

Where were you when MJ passed? Do you have a favorite clip or memory?

R.I.P. MJ

M.J. doing what he did best

[quote]montez wrote:
M.J. doing what he did best[/quote]

If that pic’s not Photoshopped, then that’s really awesome. Here’s a man who knew how to use imagination. Knew what kids loved. I know parents who don’t have THAT kind of connection with their own kids.

I was never a fan of MJ’s music, but I appreciate the man’s vision, craft, and his humility and humanity in a world so polluted with hatred conformity.

[quote]Iron Dwarf wrote:
montez wrote:

If that pic’s not Photoshopped, then that’s really awesome. Here’s a man who knew how to use imagination. Knew what kids loved. I know parents who don’t have THAT kind of connection with their own kids.

I was never a fan of MJ’s music, but I appreciate the man’s vision, craft, and his humility and humanity in a world so polluted with hatred conformity.
[/quote]

I personally think that pic is discusting created or not.

:smiley:

I’ll bite, and post something legit.

I grew up in the 80’s, so of course I was overrun with Michael Jackson stuff all the time, to the point where I was ultimately done with him. By the time I was in high school I had completely moved on.

It was just recently (after the London shows were announced, and since my co-worker lost her mind about it) I started to watch old videos, download old Jackson 5 as well as his solo songs. So, I know I won’t ever consider myself a fanatic or anything like that. But when it comes down to it, that dude could DANCE man, and sing. And he surrounded himself with other talents that were at the top of their game as well. Listen to the music, not just his voice but the accompaning music and maybe you’ll appreciate how sonicaly tight all of his stuff was. He didn’t just get some studio guitarist to lay down the guitar solo on Beat It, he went outside his Genre and got Eddie Van Halen. Quincy Jones, in my mind probably one of the most influential producers in modern music, put together his older stuff. Etc.

I mean, Timbaland is trying, and he’s good, but he’s no Quincy Jones. Remixing One Republic songs and whatnot…

Anyway,

I now appreciate being able to look back and see him move and sing on stage, rather than move toward a court-house shrowded in drapes and masks.

I think it’s better to remember him like the picture above.

[quote]BradTGIF wrote:
I’ll bite, and post something legit.

I grew up in the 80’s, so of course I was overrun with Michael Jackson stuff all the time, to the point where I was ultimately done with him. By the time I was in high school I had completely moved on.

It was just recently (after the London shows were announced, and since my co-worker lost her mind about it) I started to watch old videos, download old Jackson 5 as well as his solo songs. So, I know I won’t ever consider myself a fanatic or anything like that. But when it comes down to it, that dude could DANCE man, and sing. And he surrounded himself with other talents that were at the top of their game as well. Listen to the music, not just his voice but the accompaning music and maybe you’ll appreciate how sonicaly tight all of his stuff was. He didn’t just get some studio guitarist to lay down the guitar solo on Beat It, he went outside his Genre and got Eddie Van Halen. Quincy Jones, in my mind probably one of the most influential producers in modern music, put together his older stuff. Etc.

I mean, Timbaland is trying, and he’s good, but he’s no Quincy Jones. Remixing One Republic songs and whatnot…

Anyway,

I now appreciate being able to look back and see him move and sing on stage, rather than move toward a court-house shrowded in drapes and masks.

I think it’s better to remember him like the picture above.

[/quote]

x2

tight harmonies and smooth moves. lovely talented family.

soul train and bandstand were the sh*t

BET Awards 2009 had a tribute to MJ, where Janet spoke for a moment. Then Jammie Fox and Ne-Yo sung I’ll Be There. They both did a good job. If anyone missed it: BET AWARDS 2009: JANET JACKSON THANKS FANS/NE-YO AND JAMIE FOXX PERFORM ‘I’LL BE THERE’ – MAD NEWS UK

Here is the Mp3 http://uploading.com/files/UH1OVT0Q/Jamie%20Foxx%20feat.%20Ne-Yo%20-%20I`Ll%20Be%20There%20(Michael%20Jackson%20Tribute%20Bet)%20-%20HotNewHipHop.com.mp3.html

EDIT: ~Tribute Songs~

The Game Ft Chris Brown, Polow The Don, Usher , Boyz 2 Men - On The Other Side
Latest Posts on GetWox! - A real good song actually.

Young Berg Feat. Lil Wayne - We Miss You
http://uploading.com/files/XEHCPHKU/Yung%20Berg%20ft%20Lil%20Wayne%20-%20We%20Miss%20You%20(Michael%20Jackson%20Tribute)%20-%20RRT.mp3.html

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vil7KDAgWE0.
this is the one i was looking for.

He sure was a badass dancer. Though I’m not a fan, I respect how he was always good to those who were fans. It’s a shame that the last 15 or so years of his life were filled with scandal and ridicule.

Michael Jackson - Lady In My Life (Unreleased Extended) http://www.zshare.net/audio/619410722f4aaa2d/

[quote]winkroar3 wrote:
Iron Dwarf wrote:
montez wrote:

I personally think that pic is discusting created or not.[/quote]

Apparently you never heard damsel in distress fairy tales as a child?

Awesome cover of “Smooth Criminal”:

[quote]aznt0rk wrote:
BET Awards 2009 had a tribute to MJ, where Janet spoke for a moment. Then Jammie Fox and Ne-Yo sung I’ll Be There. They both did a good job. If anyone missed it: http://madnews.wordpress.com/2009/06/29/mad-news-87/[/quote]

That was beautiful, especially considering that they didn’t have much time to prepare it.

[quote]aznt0rk wrote:
BET Awards 2009 had a tribute to MJ, where Janet spoke for a moment. Then Jammie Fox and Ne-Yo sung I’ll Be There. They both did a good job. If anyone missed it: BET AWARDS 2009: JANET JACKSON THANKS FANS/NE-YO AND JAMIE FOXX PERFORM ‘I’LL BE THERE’ – MAD NEWS UK

Here is the Mp3 http://uploading.com/files/UH1OVT0Q/Jamie%20Foxx%20feat.%20Ne-Yo%20-%20I`Ll%20Be%20There%20(Michael%20Jackson%20Tribute%20Bet)%20-%20HotNewHipHop.com.mp3.html

EDIT: ~Tribute Songs~

The Game Ft Chris Brown, Polow The Don, Usher , Boyz 2 Men - On The Other Side
Latest Posts on GetWox! - A real good song actually.

Young Berg Feat. Lil Wayne - We Miss You
http://uploading.com/files/XEHCPHKU/Yung%20Berg%20ft%20Lil%20Wayne%20-%20We%20Miss%20You%20(Michael%20Jackson%20Tribute)%20-%20RRT.mp3.html
[/quote]

Nice links. I saw the BET song earlier and that is such an emotional performance. And The Game tribute song is awesome.

It’s just crazy not only the fact that he was an absolutely 100% crisp dancer, but also that he was NOT TRAINED formally in dance. It came naturally for him. It’s amazing to think that so many talents can be given to one person. No one in our lifetime will probably ever match his crisp and perfect performances.

[quote]IronDude17 wrote:
It’s just crazy not only the fact that he was an absolutely 100% crisp dancer, but also that he was NOT TRAINED formally in dance. It came naturally for him. It’s amazing to think that so many talents can be given to one person. No one in our lifetime will probably ever match his crisp and perfect performances.[/quote]

The great Fred Astaire admired MJ’s Moonwalk.

Actually, I remember an interview he did with either Oprah or Barbara Walters (probably B-dub) where he said he watched some kids come into his neighborhood and dance like that and he just HAD to learn the style. I wish I could find a link to the interview.