Micellar Milk?

Has anybody here seen or tried this? It’s not too cheap, at about $3.25 per bottle, but it’s convenient, being ready-to-drink and all. As an occasional supplemental protein source it looks pretty decent from what I can tell.

Any thoughts?

[quote]Damici wrote:
Has anybody here seen or tried this? It’s not too cheap, at about $3.25 per bottle, but it’s convenient, being ready-to-drink and all. As an occasional supplemental protein source it looks pretty decent from what I can tell.

Any thoughts?[/quote]

Usually those RTD supplements are full of crap. I haven’t specifically seen the one you mentioned, but I have looked at the ingredients of ABB, Muscle Milk (bad example) and some other lesser known named products. The fat content is too high for an MRP and the sugar content is unnecessarily high. You’re right that they are convenient though, no doubt about that.

wouldn’t “micellar milk” just be milk before the micelles are destroyed by pasteurization ? otherwise known as “raw milk” which people have consumed since the beginning of time and which the feds deem subversive enough to seize amish farms for producing ?

[quote]swivel wrote:
wouldn’t “micellar milk” just be milk before the micelles are destroyed by pasteurization ? otherwise known as “raw milk” which people have consumed since the beginning of time and which the feds deem subversive enough to seize amish farms for producing ?[/quote]

LOL yes actually it would be just friggin milk. I dont think the pasturization even fools with them much. Milk 80% whey 20% casien. and then Lactose. Oh fat dependent on the % you choose.

Phill

To the best of my knowledge the RTD’s that you can buy off the shelf are basically worthless. They heat the water they use in them to near boiling to add the most protein and carbs per serving into them…basically destroying the protein inside of them.

[quote]swivel wrote:
wouldn’t “micellar milk” just be milk before the micelles are destroyed by pasteurization ? otherwise known as “raw milk” which people have consumed since the beginning of time and which the feds deem subversive enough to seize amish farms for producing ?[/quote]

Casein micelles are not destroyed by pasteurization.