T Nation

Mexican Libertarians?

[quote]NickViar wrote:
http://www.businessinsider.com/mexican-vigilantes-battle-drug-cartel-photos-2014-1[/quote]

Awesome…good for them.

Quick story. My mother’s state Durango was a battleground for 2 cartels. Finally the Good Cartel won just within the last year. The ones who leave you alone as long as your not involved in the trade. Went there for 3 weeks just last month. Ever small town has a gang of vigilantes who do control LE aspects as well. Before if a truck of men in guns came around you ran inside your home because they only came to force young recruits to join. My Grandma just sold about 2000 acres of her land, she still has plenty more to the good guys for cultivating crops. It was nice to be back after not being able to go for so long. Dont get me wrong there is still bad there, my uncle got killed for not selling property that has a lake on it. Supposedly he was holding the land for the other side.

[quote]jre67t wrote:
Quick story. My mother’s state Durango was a battleground for 2 cartels. Finally the Good Cartel won just within the last year. The ones who leave you alone as long as your not involved in the trade. Went there for 3 weeks just last month. Ever small town has a gang of vigilantes who do control LE aspects as well. Before if a truck of men in guns came around you ran inside your home because they only came to force young recruits to join. My Grandma just sold about 2000 acres of her land, she still has plenty more to the good guys for cultivating crops. It was nice to be back after not being able to go for so long. Dont get me wrong there is still bad there, my uncle got killed for not selling property that has a lake on it. Supposedly he was holding the land for the other side.
[/quote]

That sounds like fun, don’t pick the wrong side I guess.

People should not have to worry about that shit, it’s the wild west down there.

[quote]jre67t wrote:
[/quote]

I’ve heard compelling argument of Mexico’s gun control laws being influenced by drug cartels and other organizations. It would certainly prevent citizens from forming armies to do what corrupt local enforcement agencies will not.

Sorry to read about your uncle. Sounds like he was placed into a unwinnable situation.

Well the gun laws in Mexico in my opinion is what gives the bad guys more power. It is like the wild west down there but I love it down there. Beautiful at least where we stay. Though in our small town we all have weapons. You do not leave town and go to the farm without them. Alot of hogs out there as well. Well my uncle had it coming sounds bad but it was business.

Like you said Fncj, gun laws is what holds down the common folk along with the corrupt gov. But as long its a “respectable” organization they always leave you alone unless your in the business. Thats why some states in Mexico are peaceful and some are still waging war. It all came about with President Fox. Going after everyone.

Politics and drugs go hand in hand in Mexico. Makes me wonder how much it happens here in our great country USA.

Probably more than we realize. Mexico is such an interesting place to think about, really appreciate the personal insight. I understand they have problems, but man. I’m also sorry to hear about your uncle.

[quote]jre67t wrote:
Well the gun laws in Mexico in my opinion is what gives the bad guys more power. It is like the wild west down there but I love it down there. Beautiful at least where we stay. Though in our small town we all have weapons. You do not leave town and go to the farm without them. Alot of hogs out there as well. Well my uncle had it coming sounds bad but it was business.

Like you said Fncj, gun laws is what holds down the common folk along with the corrupt gov. But as long its a “respectable” organization they always leave you alone unless your in the business. Thats why some states in Mexico are peaceful and some are still waging war. It all came about with President Fox. Going after everyone.

Politics and drugs go hand in hand in Mexico. Makes me wonder how much it happens here in our great country USA.[/quote]

The “wild” west was actually very safe with very little gun violence FYI.

[quote]DoubleDuce wrote:

[quote]jre67t wrote:

Politics and drugs go hand in hand in Mexico. Makes me wonder how much it happens here in our great country USA.[/quote]

The “wild” west was actually very safe with very little gun violence FYI.[/quote]

Proof.

The so called “wild west myth” arguments rarely take into account things like Population density and gun shot wounds vs deaths. Never mind that record keeping was perhaps less than stellar.

It’s nice to see those people fighting back, I wish them the best in taking their country back.

Was it Doubledouce? Im not exactly sure how that fits into account. I just know that the bad guys know the normal citizen is not going to be armed. Somehow I think it relates to them being so brazen. Mexico is an interesting place. So many natural resources, large country yet somehow it can’t move forward. Even the cities are wild. My other Grandma lives in a border town. Now it is safer but nobody goes out at night. Some of my family that lives in the big city do not believe in Gun ownership. It is almost like it is driven into there head that it is the government job to protect them. Mind you these are my big city relatives.

I somehow think if citizens were able to arm themselves the bad guys may think twice, even if they do come and take you there gonna kill you anyways might as well take one of the down as well. I remember they came after my Grandmas front door neighbor kid 18. Cops blocked the street for the bad guys they came in and took him. Found in barrell a couple of weeks later. El Patero was his name.

[quote]MaximusB wrote:
It’s nice to see those people fighting back, I wish them the best in taking their country back. [/quote]

Fuck yes.

[quote]MaximusB wrote:
It’s nice to see those people fighting back, I wish them the best in taking their country back. [/quote]

Spot on you lucky warm weather man. The best I can say as someone living in Kansas is fuck the assholes they don’t own your place you do. Go get em. Something I think everyone in this thread can agree on.