Metrosexuals

Also, since when did Armani become ‘metrosexual?’ Aren’t high priced Armani suits stereotypical of high ranking mafia capos? Eh…

I see nothing wrong with wanting to look good. If you care about being perceived as heterosexual, however, you’d better make sure to not act effeminate.

Soon my love. Soon…

:wink:

At the end of the day, John Wayne, Bill Goldberg, and Sean Connery would beat Ashton Kucher, Brad Puss, and any other hollywood pussy you throw a girls way. Seeing them on TV and seeing them in person are two very different things. At the end of the day, girls would much rather have a man than an inbetweener.

I might be a metrosexual. I like my shoes clean. If my socks get dirty enough, I’ll use bleach to clean them. I happen to go ballroom dancing at least once a month and enjoy it. I like to take showers. If I see a pair of nice designer jeans (say Calvin Klein or DKNY) for $20 or so, I’ll buy em.

However, on the flip side. I go to an oldtime barber shop to get my hair cut. If I don’t feel like shaving for 2 weeks straight, I won’t. If somebody tells me that I’m too “guyish” I won’t take offense to it. Infact, I’d take pleasure in it.

Maybe I’m a metrosexual, maybe not. Fact of the matter, if you have to question whether or not another guy would fuck you in the ass if you were buck naked bent over, it means that hes probably gay. Then, if you see him making love with a woman, it either means hes bi, or hes a metrosexual.

Its late, I’m tired, incoherency of thoughts taking over.

“As a society, we’re more comfortable with homosexuality today,” says Brown. “It’s no longer taboo, it’s portrayed on prime-time TV, and heterosexual men have become more comfortable with the gay culture.”

That’s funny, because I just heard a recent stat that people today are less accepting of the gay lifestyle. Could it be that these gay TV shows annoy the F’ing hell out of people and makes them like gay people less? I hate flamers…they need smacked.

The REAL sad thing is that being well-groomed, clean, and well-dressed seems to have been appropriated by “gay culture” and isn’t considered normal for men–at least, according to this article.

I saw an article in a magazine 4-5 years ago about women liking men who are “Just gay enough” because they were considerate and careful about hygeine, etc.

Prediction: If this trend continues, within a year or two, whenever men get ready for, say, a wedding (fresh haircut, shave, tux), or a prom, you will see a new term enter the language: “Getting gayed up” or “Gaying up” or words to that effect. Just watch.

What the hell is up with this barber shop stuff? Is your haircut less gay if you get it from a barber shop? We’ve got a barbershop downtown that a lot of guys I know go to (possibly for the barber shop image). You know what? The main barber/owner is 100% gay.

Around here, “barber shops” are big in the black culture, but not so much in the white.

Personally, I’d rather go to a gay guy to get my hair cut - they do a better job.

I get my hair cut at home, who needs barber shop, I don’t have corn rows or anything trick like that…

Just put the attachment on clippers and go to town… Take it off and do the sides and neck.

On the topic, I don’t really think acknowledgement of things like GBLT is degrading society. Those tendencies are not new, and I’ve yet to meet any kid who said “I wanna be gay when I grow up”. I have a few gays in the distant family and also some friends I grew up with and as long as they don’t become the activist types when I’m around with my kids, I don’t care.

Same goes for the other end of the spectrum, ie the sex addict/public showoff types. Don’t be doing bedroom activities on the couch in front of christmas tree with my kids around.

Most women don’t seem to like guys who are smelly and incredibly messy, but like anything taking the idea too far (makeup on guys) isn’t necessarily well received (outside of tv/movies) either.

Man, I’m more manly than all y’all. I don’t cut my hair at all.

My head is clean shaven.

I just applied at Diesel clothing, does that make me metro?

Another question for Karma - do women actually find guys who fight attractive? I used to fight, alot, in high school, but then one day realized I was a big retarded gorilla. Not that I don’t know how to fight, just that I don’t, and don’t look for those situations.

Is the distinction between men who CAN defend themselves and those who can’t, or those who go out and “rip peoples heads off” and those who don’t?

nephorm,

Heh, you’re not more manly than me, then. I guess we’re of equal manliness. I don’t cut my hair, either :slight_smile:

Chicks dig it.

I like to smell good, have good hair, and good clothes. I know a lot about music and am a fan of a few types of genres. I know a little about movies and go to them as much as I can afford. I have a garden and a lawn.

I don’t get my nails done, I don’t get my toenails done, and I don’t go to a salon to get my hair done.

I also spit, cuss like a sailor, lift heavy weights, call people “babe” (male or female) and work on my truck for fun.
I take a backpack full of jerky, h2o, and scoobie snacks for the dog and step off on local summit bids just to prove I can do it.

I also take my dog to the mountains so I can look at the view, get some fresh air and think about things. I can respect a killer sunset especially whe I’m with a chick and a piece of tail is guaranteed once darkness falls.

The thing that separates metrosexuals from heterosexuals is one thing and that one thing is simple to define.

Everyday work, travel, liesure luggage.

If you use a Backpack be it Northface or Johnsport or heck even Oakley, you’re hetro…

If you use a briefcase it’s a grey area. You’re obviously important enough to have one which lends one to think you have to maintain an upper echelon appearance. So you’re “metro” by occupation.

Now, if you use one of those messenger bags… You’re either “Metro” or you’re “Homo”. Niether of these creatures will allow himself the frumpiness of a regular backpack or the “yuppy” label attached to those with a briefcase.

Let’s review.

Messenger bag = Metro, or gay.

Briefcase = Gray area, metro via occupation.

Backpack = Hetro

Rumbach, read your post about interviewing for the job and take note of the part where you observed the other people being interviewed. Is it a case of “which of these does not belong” or “which of these doesn’t know yet”?

Just funnin’ with ya.

NeilG: I hate you. Chicks tell me how nice my hair is (sometimes followed by the muttering “nicer than mine”). It is never, however, followed by action. The ass kind, I mean.

I thought long hair was going to give me the rock lifestyle.

It’s all about that excessive need for attention stuff. Like compensation. There’s a baseline level of care, granted. However, there come’s a point when time and energy that is too much invested in how one looks, to compensate, just becomes too much or too obvious. Idem for wanting to please everybody (or a big big majority) with first impressions/looks. Or being dependent on other’s feedback/validation to give you a sense of worth. Then you’ve definitely crossed into feminine territory.

Once again, the big words here are: invested energy for superficial (cosmetic) results.

nephorm,

NeilG: I hate you. Chicks tell me how nice my hair is (sometimes followed by the muttering “nicer than mine”). It is never, however, followed by action. The ass kind, I mean.

I thought long hair was going to give me the rock lifestyle.

Hahaha! Same here, dude. I’ve had many comments like “your hair is better than most girls”, and “girls hate you cause your hair is so nice”. Even things like “I’d love to play with hair like that.”

Nothing has ever come of it.

damn

Rumbach: I can’t answer for all women but my personal feeling is this: I want to feel safe when I am with a man. I want to feel that if we were being mugged, hassled or were in a rough part of town, that he had the physical strength/agility and mental toughness to kick enough ass to protect me.

I’ve dated guys who thought the best night was a triple F’er, one that entailed “Fighting, Fucking, and Getting Fucked Up (drunk)”. One would go to a bar with me, get drunk, pick fights and then expect me to think he was king shit because he beat someone up. Granted, he was a good fighter and he often took on 4-8 guys and beat them all but it was not enjoyable on my part to be standing there, holding his shirt waiting to see if someone was going to pull out a gun and kill him infront of me (knives were common and he dealt well with them). And then he wanted to bone when we got home. Not my cup of tea.

I’ve also been with guys who through either their build/size alone, or their sheer presence yet moderate size, could ensure that I’d be safe. They had enough wits about them to avoid most confrontations but if an idiot persisted, they could take care of the threat.

I will not date a guy where I feel like I could kick his ass, lord over him, or that he didn’t have the physical and mental ability to protect me. Maybe it’s old fashioned or whatever, but I want to be the woman in the relationship. The hard part is finding a man that’s “man” enough for me.

I might hang on to the one I’ve got now though… :wink:

Good point Jared, I should spend some quality time with the movie “Top Gun” and I shall let you know.

I get SOOOOO much talk about the bald head. Although once the girl gets her fangs in me they usually want me to grow some stubble. not alot, just like three days growth.

View that and one John Wayne selection of your choice and call me in the morning.