T Nation

Metrosexuals... Shy Narcissist

TCs Machosexual article got me thinking (wow, now <i>thats a change!)...

What`s the difference between a Narcissist and a Metrosexual?

Or is the Metroboy just a shy Narcissist?

Dictionary.msn.com defines Narcissist as:

1. self-admiration: excessive self-admiration and self-centeredness

1. personality disorder: in psychiatry, a personality disorder characterized by the patient`s overestimation of his or her own appearance and abilities and an excessive need for admiration. In psychoanalytic theory, emphasis is placed on the element of self-directed sexual desire in the condition.

Just something to ponder on, and to hit the nail right on the head next time the Metrothing pops up in water-cooler office discussions. Your thoughts?

Metrosexual is just a narcissist with style

Who cares?? Both are terms coined by people you have never met. Why grade yourself? Just be yourself. If you like the way you are then who gives a fuck what some guy with a web site decides. If you are not happy with the way you are then find what it is that will make you happy.

Having a website from which to broadcast ones beliefs from does not make one an authority.

Think for yourself.

The "you" in my last post is not aimed at any specific person. Jus a general "you".

Spiderman pretty much took words right out of my mouth.

I don't understand why all this metrosexual stuff is drawing so much attention.What's the big deal?Personally I don't feel any need to label other people as this or that.

I really don't feel the need to label myself as a "T-man" or "machosexual"