Metroflex Gym is Expanding!

sorry dude, the whole attacking and taking over countries thing isnt our style, well unless you have a lot of coke or oil which you dont seem to and even then, we dont take over we just put our buddies into office.

best we can do for you guys is more missle sites =)

Live is right about Americans perceptions of Germans haha

I imagined all gyms being hardcore hole in the wall kinds of places

Whats the bodybuilding scene like over there? Many contests?

[quote]LUEshi wrote:
Fuck Boston, come to SoCal. Specifically Riverside County.[/quote]

look up Milos Sarcev Koloseum in Fullerton. Its hardcore and not too far from you if hardcore is worth the drive.

Polish Rifle: I know it’s almost like an advertisement or spam but imo I welcome anybody repping MetroFlex with open arms.

DG

theres actually a hardcore gym like 10 blocks from me. but its for powerlifting/strongman/mma

they dont have any cables, hammer strength, or leg press. so for my goals i dont need them. if i ever get into PLing or strongman then thats the only place id train.

[quote]MetroFlexPlano wrote:
Live is right about Americans perceptions of Germans haha

I imagined all gyms being hardcore hole in the wall kinds of places

Whats the bodybuilding scene like over there? Many contests?[/quote]

Well, the bodybuilding scene does exist over here at least…
More bb contests than pl or anything else, but an extreme lack of gifted guys.

What you see at the top (Wolf, Rockel, Rühl, Schlierkamp… Then there’s Scholz, but imo he just looks fucked up) are the only guys (and 2 of them don’t actively compete anymore) who could make some impact.

No new talent in sight… A couple of ok guys, but absolutely no one where you’d think “wow that guy has crazy aesthetics/muscle-bellies/shape/size/whatever”.

Scene isn’t very big either (and hated by almost everyone else by default lol).

Kinda hard to be a bodybuilder over here anyway. At least if you want to reach any kind of impressive size.

Supplement companies over here all flat out suck. No exception.
Imports are expensive due to the horrendous shipping costs and customs taxes.
Food choices here… I wonder if we have a higher percentage of diabetics than you guys. Seriously, good fat sources are almost non-existant/very expensive and everything else is a mix of dairy, sugar and beer ;D
Meat is expensive too.

I see a few ~200-220 lb guys (off-season) around, maybe the rare 230 lbs “stripper look” dude, but you have to dig real deep to find anyone weighing more than that who’s not also plain fat :wink:

Edit: And if you get past the food issues and find a gym that tolerates bodybuilders, then you will soon be facing the issue of having to work with weight stacks the size of your pinky-finger… And better bring your own 45lb/20,4Kg plates :wink:

plano is a great area. I lived there for the summer when I did my internship in Dallas. hiring any trainers? lol, probably wouldn’t need them at a gym like that though

Wow you’re right thats not much of scene! Interesting though, I’d like to visit someday.

Whats not a scene now could also be considered untapped potential!

Jehov Yeah we are hiring trainers right now, most members could be trainers but I allow you to bring nonmembers in as clients with you… so guys just go poaching at 24 hourfitness