Methyl Folate for Treatment Resistant Depression

hmm 19 years ago i had a tick bite that ended in the classic bulls eye infection, and my doctor never tested me for lyme disease because he said it was the wrong kind of tick! and for some reason doctors in canada don’t believe in lyme disease. I wonder what i should do about it, i’d probably have to travel to the states for a proper test.

[quote]zenontheterrible wrote:
hmm 19 years ago i had a tick bite that ended in the classic bulls eye infection, and my doctor never tested me for lyme disease because he said it was the wrong kind of tick! and for some reason doctors in canada don’t believe in lyme disease. I wonder what i should do about it, i’d probably have to travel to the states for a proper test. [/quote]

That is very strange, but yeah I would think an IgeneX labs test would do you well to know… You can use the website here IGeneX | Lyme Disease & Tick-Borne Disease Testing Then get the tests read by an lyme literate doctor close to your area… Were you ever sick from it? Do you have any symptoms as of now?

[quote]cstratton2 wrote:

hmm 19 years ago i had a tick bite that ended in the classic bulls eye infection, and my doctor never tested me for lyme disease because he said it was the wrong kind of tick! and for some reason doctors in canada don’t believe in lyme disease. I wonder what i should do about it, i’d probably have to travel to the states for a proper test. [/quote]

That is very strange, but yeah I would think an IgeneX labs test would do you well to know… You can use the website here IGeneX | Lyme Disease & Tick-Borne Disease Testing Then get the tests read by an lyme literate doctor close to your area… Were you ever sick from it? Do you have any symptoms as of now?

[/quote]

thanks i’ll check it out!

[quote] Were you ever sick from it? Do you have any symptoms as of now?

[/quote]

i’m not sure. at the time it was the most insanely itchy infection i’ve ever had. Since then i’ve been diagnosed, and later un-diagnosed with many things such as crohns disease, UC, clinical deppression, adult ADHD, chronic fatigue… many things like that where the doctors just didn’t really know what was going on, but i have absolutely no idea if those would be related or not but its worth looking into anyways.

[quote] Were you ever sick from it? Do you have any symptoms as of now?

[/quote]

i’m not sure. at the time it was the most insanely itchy infection i’ve ever had. Since then i’ve been diagnosed, and later un-diagnosed with many things such as crohns disease, UC, clinical deppression, adult ADHD, chronic fatigue… many things like that where the doctors just didn’t really know what was going on, but i have absolutely no idea if those would be related or not but its worth looking into anyways. [/quote]

Oh wow yeah absolutely relatable! I have had all kinds of weird issues since developing more severe symptoms. If that is the case I would highly suggest checking out Healinglyme.com and using the Buhner protocol, and then following up with any local doctor that specializes in Lyme near you… Also joining Mdjunction, or Healingwell’s page on lyme disease. There is a lot more info you can find there as well…

Testing is pretty important because you want to know what kind of possible co infections you could be dealing with, usually the sicker a person is the more chance there is opportunist or co infections… Parasites, Mycoplasma, re activated viruses, Bartonella, Ehrliccia, Babesia, Mold toxicity, heavy metal toxicity due to impaired de tox pathways, changes in hormone levels, and cortisol, etc…

You definitely want to be under the care of someone that understands all of this and will treat you to the best of their ability!

hope this all helps!

Where can one get a high quality methyl folate supplement?

[quote]JSMaxwell wrote:
Where can one get a high quality methyl folate supplement?[/quote]

Solgar brandname works very well, if you use methyl folate its also good to remove all folic acid from your diet and supplementation as well.