Methods for Reading Faster

Ah…301 wpm, 9 out of 11 for comprehension

If you’re going to be speed reading just be sure to absorb the information. No point in reading something if you don’t comprehend it.

I wish I would have read a lot when I was younger. I feel like as I’m old these days I don’t have the attention span to concentrate on anything I"m not interested in.

Same goes for learning a new language. Gotta teach the kids while their still in the sponge state absorbing everything.

i kind of think speed reading, if one could accomplish it, would be like running everywhere all the time. I’d end up saying “Fuck it, I’m walking!” most of the time.

I do understand the desire to read a book faster though. Take a book that isn’t that long, say, Huckleberry Finn. I feel like I should be able to start it on one day and finish it maybe on the evening of the next day. Instead it took me about 5 days last time i read it. Sure I’m working and all that, but just like we watch a movie in one sitting and it may be an epic that takes to all sorts of exotic times and places we equally wish to be able to finish a book in a short time.