Metcon for Muscle Coaching

If you ordered the kit will it be enough for the whole challenge? Because when you’re based outside the US shipping is a fortune!!

How long will the Surge Challenge Kit last?

1. Metcon for Muscle Phase 1 lasts 6 weeks.
  2. The Surge Challenge Kit contains 80 doses.
  3. The base protocol is 3 doses for training days, totaling 72 doses.
  4. One dose on off days is optional, totaling 18 doses.
  5. If you do the base protocol, you’ll have 8 doses left over.
  6. If you do the option, you’ll need another 10 doses.
Level Training Days Off Days 6-Week Total
Base 3 doses 72 doses
Optional 3 doses 1 dose 90 doses
2 Likes

Thank you, not sure how I do that but I will figure it out

I’ll be starting to help people out tomorrow. But obviously some might start a bit later if they don’t have their kit yet.

3 Likes

A cheap $5 tarp can be used as a sled. Just load weights, dirt, rocks, etc. You can add straps if you wish.

1 Like

Hej ONfire,

Hvor lang tid holder den pakke jeg lige har købt?

Mvh
Andreas

image001.jpg

image002.png

image003.png

image004.jpg

6 uger skrev de

Hi CT,

Many thanks for your swift reply.

I would like to get the most out of the training and subs, and have a around 12% fat percentage.

What do you see as the most dramatic effect of these 6 weeks?

Optimally, if I can increase muscle mass, and remove some fat.

But I am fully available for your idea with the program.

Did you find the five winners for the Surge Challenge yet?, so I can give up my hope to be one of the winners, and just get it ordered - and shipped to Denmark as fast as possible
Best Oliver

I honestly cannot predict your exact results. Genetics aside, you some factors that will influence results are:

• How much effort you will put into training (note: EVERYBODY thinks that they are training hard. But through all my years in gyms, coaching people, observing people from all levels, less than 20% really train hard enough to get the most out of their training)

• How well are you sleeping

• How good is your nutrition

• What is your overall stress level

• How well are you executing your reps (no, it’s not the same as training hard… you have guys who train hard but use poor, unproductive, form)

• Will you be in a caloric surplus or deficit?

Etc.

1 Like

Sorry CT - I were unclear.

What would you suggest caloriewise to optimize the program effeciency, if the goal is only to make biggest possible change?

Again, it’s a matter of what is your priority:

• Losing fat
  • Building muscle
  • Improving performance

Now, the program accomplishes all 3. But your nutrition will allow you to emphasize one more than the other.

You can either:

1. Build a significant amount of muscle, improve performance decently and minimize or prevent fat gain, in which case you’d consume around a 500 kcals surplus / day

2. Build some muscle, improve performance optimally and lose some fat, in which case you’d consume between maintenance and a 250 kcals surplus per day

3. Lose a decent amount of fat, improve performance decently and gain a moderate amount of muscle in which case you’d be on a slight deficit (shooting for a weight loss of 0.5 - 1% of your bodyweight per week)

4. Lose a maximum amount of fat, accept only a moderate improvement in performance and minimal muscle gain by consuming a moderate deficit (shooting for a weight loss of 1.0 to 1.5% of your bodyweight per week.)

2 Likes

@Christian_Thibaudeau I have my deload week of 5/3/1 this week but it really isn’t needed as my training maxes were a tad light. I can start this program either today or next week when the deload is over (whether selected to participate or not, I will be running it). Do you have a suggestion on when to start it?

You mentioned there isn’t a weight progression with this due to the HIIT nature of this program (apologies for over-simplifying it). Should progression be geared more towards “beating the clock” or “for time”?

NOTE: I will be in a moderate deficit, following the Pulse Feast to suit lifestyle and psych profile… should be about 2lbs per week weight loss.

If you have been on 5/3/1 for a while you could even keep the main lifts and do one at the start of each day. That is not too much volume and will provide a “measuring stick” of progress.

I’ll get to the other questions once I get more info myself

3 Likes

My most challenging days of work are friday evening and all day saturday. Can i move the workout days to account for that?

Wrong person lol

@Christian_Thibaudeau ^^

What days are you off work?
Just from your question, an option may be do the “bonus” day Friday morning, so at least that’s your easiest.

So you’d go Sunday, Tuesday, Thursday, Friday.
Would that work for you? It’s minimal modification, but maybe you get home at midnight on Saturday and have to work again Sunday morning or something and it wouldn’t fit.

1 Like

I have Mondays off starting the 21. The split you mentioned is what i was thinking. I just wanted to double check

1 Like

I didnt even notice i was responding to you​:joy::joy: my bad

1 Like

I start on Fridays at 5 and go until 2-5 am on sunday