Metamorphosis of a Weakling into a Beast

first: good job, man. keep working hard and don’t lose sight of your goals.

second: hahaha … what’s up with that little dance of yours in your 225x3 video … that had me crackin up lol

polo77j, ah it just celebration of smthg long awaited, ya know what i mean

I simulated the meet by attempting to max out on the Squat/Bench/Dead.
While warming up for Squats, I felt my right quad or knee giving way…to prevent aggravation of the slight injury I suffered during the 1st set of the Front Squats in the vid above, I decided to forego the Squat max.

Feb '09 PL Meet Simulation - Try 275/245/360

After starting working on 20 rep squats @ 135 lbs, I have incremented to 225 lbs over the months. This vid is part 1 of my race to 20 reps. After I get 20 reps, I will add weight and start again.

Squat 185 ATG 3 Sec Pause / Race to 225x20 part 1

SQUAT Race 225 x 20: Act 3: Try 6 reps

DEAD Race 315 x 20: Act 1

just curious about how your training setup, westside,split, if your using triceps death my guess is ws4sb variation ??

also good job, my lift and number are kind of similar that why i would like to know more about your training.

good luck and keep the good work!

Rounded back on the bottom part of your squat. Work on that…

You might try front squats for a while, it’s harder to round the back.

Another New Order fan on T-Nation, pretty cool.

crankMAN, for now I work on whim incorporating a multitude of exercise variations, so that when I do adopt a program, I will be fairly efficient at any type of exercise. I know this may sound inefficient or beginner like, but the approach works very well for me. I am a spur of the moment person and can’t restrict myself to forcing a rest day or restricting myself to say doing only chest or tricep exercises…I pretty much listen to my body and do what I feel is right. So far I am on track to hit my goals of 315/275/365 for July 2009…I’m thinking after that I may look into following a program.

Sportowiec & CPerfringens, yes I am aware of the rounding. I Think it has gotten better…but I specifically need to work of hammy flexibility issues and a very tight lower back to fix that.

DEAD Race 315 x 20: Act 2: Try 4 reps

BENCH Journey to 135 x 50: Act 5: Try 24 reps

SQUAT Race 225 x 20: Act 4: Try 8 reps - FAIL !

SQUAT Race 225 x 20: Act 5: Try 8 reps Again

SQUAT Race 225 x 20: Act 7: Try 9 reps

SQUAT Race 225 x 20: Act 8: Try 10 reps

BENCH Journey to 135 x 50: Act 7: Try 25 reps

Failed at the 11th and 12th rep in my Squat Race to 20 reps in past few days (no video posted). But this time I was rested, well fed, psyched, and very confident. However, an unusual experience…

People stare now & then, give double/triple takes, and walk away. But this moron stared the entire set and threw me off. This gives me taste of how PL meet pressure with everybody watching affects the way you lift. I HATE making excuses but I knew I had 12 reps in me…I was pissed.

Race to 20 reps @ 225 lbs / Try 12 Reps / Blame

Incline Bench Press Max Attempt @ 195

9 month Progress Summary:

START Jul '08 : SQUAT 165, BENCH 215, DEAD 260 = 640, 28" Box jump

CURT Apr '09 : SQUAT 270, BENCH 250, DEAD 355 = 875, 34" Box jump

GOAL Jul '09 : SQUAT 315, BENCH 275, DEAD 375 = 965, 36" Box jump

GOAL Jul '11 : BENCH 400, SQUAT 500, DEAD 600 = 1500, 45" jump

9 month BENCH Progress: +35 lbs
9 month SQUAT Progress: +105 lbs
9 month DEADL Progress: +95 lbs
9 month Box Jump Progress: +6"

+105 lbs on your squat? damn dude, that’s some serious progress.

i think you have a great attitude, keep it up!

grettiron, thanks so much! Goes to show legs are capable of responding fast, especially for the weaker lifters like me. 10+ lbs a month should be the norm if consistent and doing things right.

Last time I tried to DL 360, it was cemented. This time I managed it, but suffered a grazed burn above right knee and also had to interrupt my workout to use the bathroom! Anyone else have a similar experience with a ME Deadlift or Squat? Literally squeezed the crap out of me…

DEAD 360x1 PR / Restroom / Graze

LEGS: BoxSquat Lunge JumpSquat FrontSquat BackSquat

[quote]zack_attack wrote:
Incline Bench Press Max Attempt @ 195

9 month Progress Summary:

START Jul '08 : SQUAT 165, BENCH 215, DEAD 260 = 640, 28" Box jump

CURT Apr '09 : SQUAT 270, BENCH 250, DEAD 355 = 875, 34" Box jump

GOAL Jul '09 : SQUAT 315, BENCH 275, DEAD 375 = 965, 36" Box jump

GOAL Jul '11 : BENCH 400, SQUAT 500, DEAD 600 = 1500, 45" jump

9 month BENCH Progress: +35 lbs
9 month SQUAT Progress: +105 lbs
9 month DEADL Progress: +95 lbs
9 month Box Jump Progress: +6" [/quote]

Great progress!
Hope my next few months will be as successful as yours!
http://www.T-Nation.com/free_online_forum/blog_sports_body_training_performance_bodybuilding_log/tdopb_is_getting_after_it

thank you tdopb. You can easily do it. It is not hard for an intermediate lifter to add 10+ lbs monthly to their squat/dead if they eat well and rest enough. The key is consistency.

[quote]zack_attack wrote:
Failed at the 11th and 12th rep in my Squat Race to 20 reps in past few days (no video posted). But this time I was rested, well fed, psyched, and very confident. However, an unusual experience…

People stare now & then, give double/triple takes, and walk away. But this moron stared the entire set and threw me off. This gives me taste of how PL meet pressure with everybody watching affects the way you lift. I HATE making excuses but I knew I had 12 reps in me…I was pissed.

Race to 20 reps @ 225 lbs / Try 12 Reps / Blame

At a PL meet you will NOT be affected by people watching. If you do things right, you won’t even notice the audience. When you are all focused, you are only focusing on the task at hand, and not at anyone looking at you.