T Nation

Metalocalypse

Is anyone else a fan of this show? I can’t get enough of it. It comes on Adult Swim Mon-Thurs at 11:15 central time, for those of you who haven’t seen it. If you like cartoons, and you like death metal, and have a sense of humor, do yourself a favor and check this show out.

Also, do me a favor and buy the products advertised in the commercials so that this show is never taken off the air. Buy the album as well…Its actually damn good.

MAKE. EVERYTHING. METAL.

Haven’t seen it but it looks good.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N90h5f9Ulnk

Metal!

I’m quite fond of it, though it’s not my favorite show on adultswim. You can watch full episodes at adultswim.com.

I listen to the album while working out. “Briefcase full of guts” is great motivation. So is “Better Metal Snake.”

And Dr. Rockso is funny as hell.

Is the album really metal or is it a joke?

THUNDERHORSE

[quote]WolBarret wrote:
THUNDERHORSE[/quote]

GUITAR HERO!!!

Sorry. Free association and all that.
It is one hard-ass song, let me tell you.

[quote]SouthernGypsy wrote:
Is the album really metal or is it a joke?[/quote]

The lyrics are mostly a joke, but the manner in which they are sung, and the music itself, is bad ass.

[quote]SouthernGypsy wrote:
Is the album really metal or is it a joke?[/quote]

Its is so metals.

[quote]Brant_Drake wrote:
SouthernGypsy wrote:

Its is so metals.[/quote]

Toki? I didn’ts knows you were on this boards.

And yes, Metalocalypse is the funniest parody ever. I love it.

[quote]Aragorn wrote:
Brant_Drake wrote:
SouthernGypsy wrote:

Its is so metals.

Toki? I didn’ts knows you were on this boards.

And yes, Metalocalypse is the funniest parody ever. I love it.[/quote]

Wow-eee!!

PICKLES [holding lobster] : if i drop this in boiling water it’ll shrink, turn red and die?

CLERK: yeah

PICKLES: that’s the most metal thing i’ve ever heard

PICKLES [holding lobster] : if i drop this in boiling water it’ll shrink, turn red and die?

PICKLES: that’s the most metal thing i’ve ever heard[/quote]

Ah, yes, that was when they traveled to the mystical “food library.”

This thread needs zazz.

(My favorite show.)

Wow, I didn’t know this was a cartoon. I picked up the DVD at Best Buy awhile back and, since there were no pictures, after reading the description I just thought it was another poseur metal band.

May have to check this out.

Have they started making/showing new ones yet?

[quote]NewDamage wrote:
Ah, yes, that was when they traveled to the mystical “food library.”
[/quote]

Howabout . .

PICKLES [pushing a cart full of booze] : Heya, can I make soup out of this?

CLERK: Umm . . no.

PICKLES: That’s a yes!

Haha, best show on TV by a long shot.

My favorite is probably the one where they adopt the kid for charity.

i love this show. their weight loss strategy was the best… lol

PICKLES [holding lobster] : if i drop this in boiling water it’ll shriek, turn red and die?

PICKLES: that’s the most metal thing i’ve ever heard[/quote]

I laughed so hard when I saw this that I got cramps. Although I have to say the one where they played on top of the live volcano brewing the largest cup of Duncan Hills Coffee ever created and ended up massacring the population was one of my favorites…along with the the troll episode.

The scene of them trying to apologize to Finland after nearly destroying the country at their last concert is classic.

Pickles— Friends, we’re… we’re not used to the whole apologizing thing. We’re not professional apologizers! We’re musicians. So… we wrote a song for you! A new national anthem. We took the lyrics straight from your Finnish Folklore Book of Necronomic Spells!

Nathan Explosion: You may recognize this one, though it hasn’t been sung for a few thousand years! “Awaken, awaken, Mustakrakish, the lake troll!” Now, we’ve never actually tried to awaken a troll before from a Finnish Necronomicon, so please bear with us.