T Nation

Metallica Black Album Tour

these are cool to hear for the first time ever live

The 2012 European Black Album Tour (also called “The Metallica Vacation Tour 2012”) is a concert tour of American heavy metal band Metallica. The Black Album, which was released in August, 1991 will be played entirely (in reverse order). The band confirmed that the tour will be a celebration of the 20th anniversary of the album. The tour will be headlining a few European festivals.[1][2]

I’d much prefer to see a Ride the Lightning Tour.

^
Darn tootin’. I saw the Master of Puppets tour but my favourite was Ride the Lightening

Wonder if they’ll do a Load/ReLoad tour … I’ll be sure to avoid that one

I saw them in '86 opening for that lame-ass Ozzy. Cliff was on bass.

Needless to say we left after Metallica finished their set.

The Black Album was the last great album they did… until Death Magnetic.

[quote]Iron Dwarf wrote:

The Black Album was the last great album they did… until Death Magnetic.[/quote]

load was a great album me thinks.

i also started listening to st. anger a little while squatting, and this thing has so much rage…kinda grew on me.

[quote]hanban wrote:

[quote]Iron Dwarf wrote:

The Black Album was the last great album they did… until Death Magnetic.[/quote]

i also started listening to st. anger a little while squatting, and this thing has so much rage…kinda grew on me.[/quote]

Not disagreeing there are moments on those albums that shine. But overall and as a cohesive body of work together they don’t compare to the first 5 records and the last.

[quote]hanban wrote:

[quote]Iron Dwarf wrote:

i also started listening to st. anger a little while squatting, and this thing has so much rage…kinda grew on me.[/quote]

yeah I actually prefer load to black album, was pretty unique.

st. anger is awesome just for the rawness, they played frantic when I went to the death magnetic opening party and it was just unreal

You guys are all wrong, everything After Kill em’ All is mainstream shit. Sorry i had to lay the hurt on ya guys

The black album is really good, but it’s also very over played = sucking.

Cool to hear “My Friend of Misery” live. I saw them back in 96 or 97 on the Load tour, and no one put on a show like they did. The set had to be 2.5 hours long, probably about 25 songs. Corrosion of Conformity opened, who my buddy and I liked, but no one else seemed to give a damn.

I’d kill to go back in time and see them around 88-89.

[quote]Iron Dwarf wrote:

You ask yourself, how much more black could it be? And the answer is…

none. None more black.

[quote]polo77j wrote:
Wonder if they’ll do a Load/ReLoad tour … I’ll be sure to avoid that one[/quote]
QFT

[quote]DixiesFinest wrote:
.[/quote]

James could probably buy half that store with just the change under his car’s carpet hehe

Napster, BAAAAAAD!!!

Buncha fuckin sellouts

Too bad Lars sucks as bad as he does. Did he forget how to play?
Yes.

[quote]angry chicken wrote:
Napster, BAAAAAAD!!!

Buncha fuckin sellouts [/quote]

BEER, GOOOD!

Napster, BAAAAAAD!!!

Wait, so stealing music is cool? I mean, the way they handled it was uber-douchey, but the sentiment was reasonable.

[quote]strangemeadow wrote:

Napster, BAAAAAAD!!!

Wait, so stealing music is cool? I mean, the way they handled it was uber-douchey, but the sentiment was reasonable.

[/quote]

I think “cool” is subjective. and reasonable or not, the way they handled it WAS uber-douchey.

I liked the Black album, although Ride the Lighting was my fav. Now I simply can’t listen to them cuz all I think about is what douchebags they are. Every time I hear a Metallica song, I see that pic up there in my mind - it kinda ruins it for me.