T Nation

Metal Briefs Sizing

I’m currently using a pair of inzer powerpants size 38 and they are not super tight.

according to the metal sizing chart and my pelvis measurment, I should order a 40-42 size metal brief.

Is this correct, is the sizing for metal that different from the sizing for inzer?

[quote]evansmi wrote:
I’m currently using a pair of inzer powerpants size 38 and they are not super tight.

according to the metal sizing chart and my pelvis measurment, I should order a 40-42 size metal brief.

Is this correct, is the sizing for metal that different from the sizing for inzer?[/quote]

Go to the EFS sizing chart.

They are very much different. As tom63 said you must follow the efs instructions. Be sure to get your measurements right. The difference between the inzer powerpant and the metal brief is the difference you get going from a mini to a average band if you were doing reverse band squats. Its very apparent and very significant.

ok, yeah the elitefts chart made sense. Thanks guys

so, if the powerpants gave me about 30lbs, what should i be expecting?

I have a pair of metal briefs and had Jim Wendler size them for me and they were dead on. I think they are the best in the business but you might want to boil them about every 3 months as they will tend to stretch out. Boiling them will cause the polyester coils to shorten thus you have a tighter fit. I learned that one from my friends at Iron asylum gym.

[quote]evansmi wrote:
ok, yeah the elitefts chart made sense. Thanks guys

so, if the powerpants gave me about 30lbs, what should i be expecting?[/quote]

Its not an exact science but I’d say you’d get at least 50lb more than the powerpants

thanks for the comments guys. Just ordered myself a pair. I’m getting pretty darn excited. I always hear people saying the powerpants don’t do shit, but I actually feel like they help out a lot, so I can’t wait to see what a high quality pair of briefs can do.

I use a pair of inzer power pants for my deadlift only. I’ve great succes with them on that front but I wouldn’t use them to squat in…not enough support in my opinion. I get about 50 or so lbs in my deadlift using them.