T Nation

Metabolic Pairings and Rest

Just wondering if its neccessary to have rest during the metabolic pairings that thibs talks about in his 'Stripping Fat with Metabolic Pairings' Article (http://www.tmuscle.com/free_online_article/sports_body_training_performance/mondays_with_thibs_stripping_fat_with_metabolic_pairings)

Was gonna do:
A1) Deadlift
4 to 6 reps
No rest
A2) Burpees
12 to 15 reps
No rest
A2) V-Ups (Jacknife Sit Ups)
12 to 15 reps
Rest 75 seconds

But was thinking that it might have a greater metabolic affect to just do about 4-5 rounds with no rest. Have reasonable conditioning so won't struggle too much.

Opinions?

Just stick to the rest times for now, you have never done Metabolic Pairings before so don't try to guess on how you'll do. I have done Metabolic Pairings, and NOTHING has stripped fat off in a shorter amount of time than that, but they also make you want to puke. After you've done a test run, just gauge for yourself how much rest you need. Remember though, you'll need enough rest to give a good effort to do heavy ass deadlifts.

did 5 rounds
A1) Deadlift
4 to 5 reps
no rest
A2) Burpees
10 reps
no rest
A2) V-Ups (Jacknife Sit Ups)
10 reps
little to no rest

took around 10 minutes, pretty fuckin hard but not puking material, just needed to apologize to other gym goers for not bringing a towel to clean up the pool i created. think i might need to speed up the burpee's or something next time, maybe do burpee's with a thruster on the way up.

cheers for input PB

Make the deadlifts heavy enough that you have no choice but to rest between pairings, otherwise you might as well just do any barbell complex, bodyweight circuit etc. and get the same effect as what you did.