Metabolic Drive vs. Grow!

The answer may be obvious, and I apolagize if there is a link at the bottom of this very page that tells me the answer. I’m still pretty new to nutrition, and although I’ve learned alot, there is plenty more to be learned.

That said, can someone please explain the difference between these two products?

Do you want to use them together? Is one just a better quality version of the other? Should you use both but at different times of the day and for different reasons? Is one better for fatloss while the other is for muscle growth?

[quote]mthomps wrote:
The answer may be obvious, and I apolagize if there is a link at the bottom of this very page that tells me the answer. I’m still pretty new to nutrition, and although I’ve learned alot, there is plenty more to be learned.

That said, can someone please explain the difference between these two products?

Do you want to use them together? Is one just a better quality version of the other? Should you use both but at different times of the day and for different reasons? Is one better for fatloss while the other is for muscle growth?[/quote]

Metabolic Drive is a combination of primarily WPI (whey-protein isolate) and micellar casein, whereas Grow! contains only whey protein.

Grow! is less expensive and a good choice for those on a budget.

Grow! is a badass name. Metabolic Drive sounds like a vitamin. Old Grow! is now Metabolic Drive. New Grow! is just like any other Whey protein.

Whey is good for getting a quick burst of portein and amino acids into your system, like first thing in the morning, or before/during/after a workout, but it digests quickly. If you miss a meal, or won’t be able to eat for a few hours, like before bed, you need Metabolic Drive. It digests slowly, and gives you a steady stream of amino acids to keep you from getting all catabolic.

Grow! is incredibly disgusting. Metabolic Drive is a fine dessert. Also, casein blah blah…what can I say, I buy primarily on taste.

-Sab

Thanks guys. Maybe I’ll try Grow! Whey for mornings/pwo because i’ve gone through my first tube of Metabolic Drive pretty quick. (it does taste really good)

Metabolic Drive is a slow digesting protein, and Grow! Whey is just the opposite. Grow! Whey is not a meal replacement protein like Metabolic Drive is. And Metabolic Drive is not something you would want to take pre or post workout. Pre and post workout you need a fast digesting protein like Grow! Whey or Surge.