Metabolic Drive Usages

Is this a Protein Shake and a “Meal Replacement” or whatever they’re called?

Should I be on this and Whey or is just Metabolic Drive enough?

Metabolic Drive low-carb is just protein while the complete has carbs (though very good carbs).

Honestly, the complete tastes a bit better and gets frothy if you blend it on high for an extra 20 seconds. But if you get your panties in a bunch over the miniscule carb content, go for the low-carb Metabolic Drive.

Grow! is an excellent protein source. Supposedly it absorbs a bit faster and is therefore more ideal in the mornings when you wake up.

Metabolic Drive has awesome flavors, though. Strawberry and Chocolate are great.

Grow! tastes like coffee creamer and is versatile.

Although I don’t think I’ve ever seen Biotest officially call it a meal replacement, Metabolic Drive Complete has all the needed properties to be called a meal replacement shake (contains proteins, carbs, and good fats)

Low-carb Metabolic Drive definitely would NOT fit the definition of a meal replacement and would be considered just a protein powder.

As for whether you should be on this and whey, I couldn’t really say without knowing alot more about you. You know you better than I know you.

Well, I mean I am taking whey right now, but am worried that I am not getting enough calories so I figured I could switch to Metabolic Drive, or take it with along with the Whey I take now.

food has calories. Metabolic Drive doesn’t have any magic calories or anything. However, it is high quality stuff. If your supplementing with protein already and still can’t get enough calories, re evaluate your diet.

[quote]elusive wrote:
food has calories. Metabolic Drive doesn’t have any magic calories or anything. However, it is high quality stuff. If your supplementing with protein already and still can’t get enough calories, re evaluate your diet.[/quote]
qft, Taking Metabolic Drive to try and increase your caloric intake is like using a shotgun to kill a mosquito. Metabolic Drive is a great supplement, and while it does contain calories (100 cal/serving for low carb, and 310 cal/serving for complete), that is not what it’s meant for. There are easier and cheaper ways of increasing calories.

Like elusive says, re-evaluate your diet. First and foremost, don’t be “worried” that you’re not getting enough calories, actually find out whether or not you are getting enough calories. Get a food journal (AKA notebook) and write down everything you eat for a few days (3 or 4 days is good). write down what, when, how much, and how many calories are in it. Add up the calories at the end of each day. take the average of the 3 days and that’ll give you a decent indication of your regular daily caloric intake. if it’s too low for whatever your goal is, figure out where you’re falling short. maybe you need larger quantities, maybe you need food that’s more calorie dense, maybe you need to eat more often.

[quote]Novitennis88 wrote:
Is this a Protein Shake and a “Meal Replacement” or whatever they’re called?

Should I be on this and Whey or is just Metabolic Drive enough?[/quote]

If you are getting adequate protein from your whole food diet and want to supplement additional protein to meet muscle building requirements a protein powder is ideal in this regard. Whey is good as in Grow! Premium Quality Whey and a blend of whey and casein as in Metabolic Drive is best.

Whether you go Low-Carb or Complete really comes down to your goals. If you are looking to maximize calories/carbs/protein Metabolic Complete is best IMO. If you are dieting or minimizing carbohydrates for whatever reason Super Protein Shake (low-carb) would be ideal.

D

I often have a Metabolic Drive Complete shake when I’m running behind on protein and caloric intake for the day.

Three scoops of chocolate MD with peanut butter is awesome. Coconut oil is great, too.

i suppose in one way its important that you understand the difference between Metabolic Drive and other whey products…

first try the search function as there are hundreds of threads about this!

second Metabolic Drive is high quality CASEIN protein, which is a slow release form of protein… it is also very easy for your digestive system to accept and synthesis, but you should not use after lifting because its not an instant supply of protein…

Grow! Whey is a concentrate and isolate blend which is instantly synthesised into your body, making it ideal for when your body needs quick and effective protein! ideal for post workout…

thus

take Metabolic Drive b4 bed and enjoy the feed it gives you for 6-8 hours. take whey concentrate isolate blends of protein post workout for instant protein!