Metabolic Drive + Surge Recovery?

would it make sense to use both of these at the same time? i have no idea how these supplements really work, the Metabolic Drive description said it was stand alone protein that you drink at night?

anyways, i’m on a bulking cycle right now, i’m a pretty small guy at 145 lbs at 5’9", and I’ve never consistently used supplements before. would it make sense to use the Metabolic Drive twice a day, once in the morning with breakfast and once in the evening before I sleep, and use the Surge Recovery post workout? or is that unnecessary? maybe just use the Surge Recovery and Metabolic Drive once a day before I go to sleep?

Thanks

That’s about right. Metabolic Drive is a protein you can use whenever to bump up your protein intake, Surge is a PWO/during workout drink.

would taking the Metabolic Drive twice a day be too much? and would you drink it the same way on non workout days?

for those of you out there who use this product, how often do you drink it?

Metabolic Drive is not a supplement. It is food. Use it to fit your caloric demands. Different people have different liquid protein needs therefore their usage will vary. It isn’t any more complicated than that.

People use Surge Recovery any of three ways. Pre workout, during workout, or post workout. I’d recommend using it during the workout and have a whole food meal post workout.

** None of this matters at all if you aren’t consuming enough calories to grow. **

How much weight have you gained the last 4 weeks?

Thanks for the responses guys,

@BONEZ217, I started 3 and a 1/2 months ago at 120lbs., so I have gained 25 lbs. since then, but i’m not sure how much I’ve gained in the last 4 weeks exactly. I’ve been doing a program called “Starting Strength” and trying to eat 6 solid small meals a day with a lot of milk, so I was hoping to be able to replace my breakfast and late night snack with the Metabolic Drive shake.

This was the general break down of what my diet looked like before:
9 AM: 1 cup oatmeal or cream cheese bagel, 1 muscle milk shake,
11 AM: PeanutButter(2 TB) + Banana(1 whole) sandwich, 2 cups whole milk
1 PM: 1/4 lb. ground beef + mac and cheese(or spaghetti), 2 cups milk
4 PM: An egg(2 eggs) and salsa and cheese sandwich on wheat. 1 cup Plain yogurt, 2 cups whole milk
7 PM: 1/4 lb. ground beef + mac and cheese(or spaghetti), 2 cups whole milk
11 PM: 1 Muscle Milk Shake

Total: ~4000 calories, Fat/Carbs/Protein: 191g/388g/290g

Never really did any kind of post workout meal or shake. On this diet though, i’ve been gaining too much fat, so I was thinking of replacing the weight gainer muscle milk shake with the Metabolic Drive, and the ground beef + mac and cheese with lean meats like chicken or steak or turkey breast. Should I cut down on the milk? I’m still really small, and I want to keep bulking but hopefully in a cleaner fashion.

On top of those changes I plan on starting to implement the Surge pwo shake and using creatine. would it be good to do that? Do those changes look okay, and does my overall diet look pretty solid for a clean bulk?(enough calories, protein, fats, carbs, etc.?)

Oh right you have that other thread in BBing forum.

4000 calories is too much for a 150lb man. Scale it back to the point that you still gain substantial weight but aren’t putting on as much fat.

and/or

TRAIN HARDER and MORE INTELLIGENTLY

LOL yeah, I have the same username and everything.

it seems like they hate Biotest products over there, so I thought i’d ask about it over here. anyways, solid advice, thanks man. guess it’ll just take time to observe and fine tune.

I was talking about the bodybuilding forum on this website. I don’t think ‘they’ hate Biotest.

When I’m not using ANACONDA I’ll be using Surge Recovery and Metabolic Drive Complete. Those two supps are my absolute favorite. Even with the ANACONDA protocol on my shelf I don’t feel right not having Surge Recovery and Metabolic Drive Complete on there.

I have two servings of Metabolic Drive Complete daily. One in the morning after bfast walking out the door, and the other after dinner before going to bed. I love it.

[quote]Ocelot82 wrote:
When I’m not using ANACONDA I’ll be using Surge Recovery and Metabolic Drive Complete. Those two supps are my absolute favorite. Even with the ANACONDA protocol on my shelf I don’t feel right not having Surge Recovery and Metabolic Drive Complete on there.

I have two servings of Metabolic Drive Complete daily. One in the morning after bfast walking out the door, and the other after dinner before going to bed. I love it.[/quote]

Than just use Surge Recovery with the ANACONDA protocol 60mins after workout and a solid meal 30mins later. Thats what I do

Oh btw, Raspberry flavor is godly… taste exactly like swedish berry gummies… WTFUX

[quote]direstraits wrote:
Thanks for the responses guys,

@BONEZ217, I started 3 and a 1/2 months ago at 120lbs., so I have gained 25 lbs. since then, but i’m not sure how much I’ve gained in the last 4 weeks exactly. I’ve been doing a program called “Starting Strength” and trying to eat 6 solid small meals a day with a lot of milk, so I was hoping to be able to replace my breakfast and late night snack with the Metabolic Drive shake.

This was the general break down of what my diet looked like before:
9 AM: 1 cup oatmeal or cream cheese bagel, 1 muscle milk shake,
11 AM: PeanutButter(2 TB) + Banana(1 whole) sandwich, 2 cups whole milk
1 PM: 1/4 lb. ground beef + mac and cheese(or spaghetti), 2 cups milk
4 PM: An egg(2 eggs) and salsa and cheese sandwich on wheat. 1 cup Plain yogurt, 2 cups whole milk
7 PM: 1/4 lb. ground beef + mac and cheese(or spaghetti), 2 cups whole milk
11 PM: 1 Muscle Milk Shake

Total: ~4000 calories, Fat/Carbs/Protein: 191g/388g/290g [/quote]

I know you didn’t ask, but a few things:

1. No vegetables?

2. I would completely drop out the Muscle Milk (for good; replace with Metabolic Drive), and cut out the whole milk altogether for a couple weeks. Your body may not be able to handle that much milk, stressing your body, elevating your cortisol levels, and promoting fat gain. If after those couple weeks you aren’t gaining anymore, then maybe start adding milk back in a glass or two a day at a time until you are gaining lean muscle again.

3. I would personally cut your carbs to maybe 200 a day and replace those calories with fats (nuts, olive oil, coconut oil, etc). Just adjusting the macros a bit can help to lean you out some.

4. Make sure your training is in order. No sense in eating all those calories if there’s no place for it to go but to be stored as fat.