Metabolic Drive RTD's?

So, are there any plans in the future to make some ready to drink Metabolic Drive shakes?

I buy some myoplex RTD’s once in a while to take with me when I need some extra protein. I know I could just throw a couple of scoops in a shaker bottle and bring a bottle of water, but RTD’s are just (IMO) a lot more convenient.

So, Tim or TC, does Biotest have any plans to make some Metabolic Drive premixed shakes in the future?

Would anyone else be interested in them?

I would be all over a Biotest RTD that has plenty of carbs and fats in addition to the premium protein.

Is it really that hard to throw 3 scoops of Metabolic Drive Complete into a water bottle?

RTD’s are shitty because of the processing they go through ahead of time to get them ready to sit on the shelves and what not. They boil the hell out of the protein and throw a bunch of preservatives in it…

Seriously, just buy a couple of Gatorade’s, drink them, then fill them up with water/milk and Metabolic Drive Complete for the next couple of days.

[quote]Lonnie123 wrote:
Is it really that hard to throw 3 scoops of Metabolic Drive Complete into a water bottle?

RTD’s are shitty because of the processing they go through ahead of time to get them ready to sit on the shelves and what not. They boil the hell out of the protein and throw a bunch of preservatives in it…

Seriously, just buy a couple of Gatorade’s, drink them, then fill them up with water/milk and Metabolic Drive Complete for the next couple of days.[/quote]

Exactly. How hard is it to get a bottle and insert two scoops of powder into it.

And try doing a cost comparison between those Myoplex RTDs Vs. shaker bottle/ powder. You may end up kicking yourself in the ass once you realize the savings. And, not to mention all the bullshit they put in those RTDs in order to increase shelf life.

Settle down guys, your shaker bottle suggestions are correct but they’re also boring.

Let’s be real here, nothing (except original Surge) can actually taste delicious from a shaker bottle. That’s just the way it is.

[quote]chillain wrote:
Settle down guys, your shaker bottle suggestions are correct but they’re also boring.

Let’s be real here, nothing (except original Surge) can actually taste delicious from a shaker bottle. That’s just the way it is.

[/quote]

Why is that? I’m just curious.

I use a shaker bottle for all my protein drinks (because I’m not at home) and they taste the same as they do out of a glass if stirred with a spoon.

[quote]chillain wrote:

[/quote]

I make stuff out of a shaker bottle exclusively and it all tastes good. If anything, the stuff that sits in a cardboard box for 6 months tastes worse than a freshly mixed shake.

get a box of ziploc baggies and pour desired amount of scoops in bag, take them with you, along with shaker bottle, use when needed.

Heh, I was starting to think this thread was titled “Please Share Ideas For Portable Protein Shakes.”

I also use my shaker bottles (1-2 times daily) but an occasional ice cold Muscle Milk or Lean Body RTD is always a good call.

This thread was not intended to be a debate over which is better, as they serve two completely different purposes.

I love RTD’s for days I’m on the road and mixing up a shake at 80mph just isn’t safe, nor convenient. Unfortunately I have to settle for bars for added protein in those cases unless I get some RTD’s.

For those of you that say- why not just pull over, mix one up, and then be on your way? I have done that. It gets old. Sometimes you just want to get home.

If Biotest made RTD’s my supplement bill on here would triple, as long as they were low carb that is…

[quote]eengrms76 wrote:
This thread was not intended to be a debate over which is better, as they serve two completely different purposes.

I love RTD’s for days I’m on the road and mixing up a shake at 80mph just isn’t safe, nor convenient. Unfortunately I have to settle for bars for added protein in those cases unless I get some RTD’s.

For those of you that say- why not just pull over, mix one up, and then be on your way? I have done that. It gets old. Sometimes you just want to get home.

If Biotest made RTD’s my supplement bill on here would triple, as long as they were low carb that is…[/quote]

Who said to mix it up while driving? Its called planning. At 10pm before you go to bed, whip up 6 scoops of M-Drive in a blender with some flax or whatever you like, then pour those into plastic bottles (NOT shakers, bottles with a screw top). Put them in the fridge and there you have it.

You could even get one of those little portable coolers to keep them cool in the car.

The issue is mainly cost. This is just much cheaper than buying, althought slightly less convenient. Not only that, but now you know what is it your shake.

[quote]Lonnie123 wrote:
eengrms76 wrote:

If Biotest made RTD’s my supplement bill on here would triple, as long as they were low carb that is…

Who said to mix it up while driving? Its called planning. At 10pm before you go to bed, whip up 6 scoops of M-Drive in a blender with some flax or whatever you like, then pour those into plastic bottles (NOT shakers, bottles with a screw top). Put them in the fridge and there you have it.

You could even get one of those little portable coolers to keep them cool in the car.

The issue is mainly cost. This is just much cheaper than buying, althought slightly less convenient. Not only that, but now you know what is it your shake.[/quote]

Alright smart guy. :slight_smile: What do I do if Monday morning I wake up and drive to Chicago. Stay overnight in a hotel, wake up and drive into Indiana. Stay at a hotel, wake up and then drive to St. Louis. Stay in a hotel, wake up and drive home on Thursday. Take my blender with me?

For some RTD’s, regardless of the quality, are the only option without seriously being inconvenienced. My time is worth a lot of money to me.

Now you can bust out the shaker cup :slight_smile:

Just kidding. I’ve never encountered anything like that schedule, so the phrase “Desperate times call for desperate measures” definitely apply. I’ve gone on vacation before and brought a jug of protein,Mainly because I didnt want to spend 6.99 on a ham sandwhich every time I wanted to eat.

[quote]Lonnie123 wrote:
The issue is mainly cost. This is just much cheaper than buying, althought slightly less convenient.[/quote]

And of course no one said otherwise. Presumably those who are interested in a Biotest RTD are ok with spending a little more.

Now I don’t actually expect Biotest to create an RTD unless they could somehow make it zero-carb and a fat burner; you know, the kinds of things that appeal to the masses.

[quote]chillain wrote:
Lonnie123 wrote:
The issue is mainly cost. This is just much cheaper than buying, althought slightly less convenient.

And of course no one said otherwise. Presumably those who are interested in a Biotest RTD are ok with spending a little more.

Now I don’t actually expect Biotest to create an RTD unless they could somehow make it zero-carb and a fat burner; you know, the kinds of things that appeal to the masses.

[/quote]

I thought it would be cool if they made a “Hot Shot” drink based off the compounds in HOT-ROX (ABB currently has a drink “Extreme Ripped Force” with Colforsin in it…). Imagine a shooter with A7E, Spike, and some Carbolin 19 in it… Mmmmm.

I imagine it would blow Enviga and Celcius out of the water (calorie burning drinks that burn about 30 cals per can)

While all the suggestions involving shaker bottles and pre-planning and dead on correct for ‘individual’ or private use, they are unpractical for ‘commercial’ use. I just can’t imagine the fortune 500 ceo clients of ours running around with little baggies of powder and shaker bottles! Or clients coming over to the counter and ‘paying by the scoop.’

We make money by making their lives more convenient, not the other way around. I think there is a large untapped market for a PWO RTD to be sold at health clubs. If anyone has any suggestions for an existing product for me to stock my shelves with at the gym I’m all ears. But I’ve searched high and low on the net, GNC, ABB, etc…and all of the existing RTD’s are crap for PWO, especially with most at close to $3 per serving.

I could easily sell things at $4 serving here, but I better get the whole package(carbs + HQ protein) for that price. I’d be all over a product like that, and I suspect many others would as well. There are a few that are ok for the rest of the day, but nothing for during/post workout.

Here’s to wishful thinking.

[quote]DUMP_TRUCK wrote:
I just can’t imagine the fortune 500 ceo clients of ours running around with little baggies of powder and shaker bottles! [/quote]

LOL. When I was in college, I used to say stuff like, “Just plan ahead.” Once you grow up and get into the real world, you realize that life isn’t so simple.