T Nation

Metabolic Drive protein bars

So the protein bars have been out of stock for a while. Did I miss something?

They’re being reformulated as are FINiBARs.

http://readandreact.net/wp-content/uploads/2012/04/anchorman-teamjump.gif

[quote]Cr Powerlinate wrote:
They’re being reformulated as are FINiBARs.[/quote]

Haven’t had a FINiBAR in almost 6 months. I hope they’re released before my next meet in December.

[quote]lothos wrote:
So the protein bars have been out of stock for a while. Did I miss something? [/quote]

You missed the chocolate covered, cookie dough tasting deliciousness of awesome.

S

[quote]ashylarryku wrote:
http://readandreact.net/wp-content/uploads/2012/04/anchorman-teamjump.gif

[quote]Cr Powerlinate wrote:
They’re being reformulated as are FINiBARs.[/quote]

Haven’t had a FINiBAR in almost 6 months. I hope they’re released before my next meet in December.[/quote]

You can order the FiniBars from EliteFTS.

I think they will be out of stock for another 2-4 weeks.

The Metabolic Drive bars have been out of stock since at least August. I figured they had just eliminated the buy 4 for 70 bucks deal b/c it was costing them too much, but then they all disappeared. Not sure why?

M.

[quote]stoic27 wrote:
The Metabolic Drive bars have been out of stock since at least August. I figured they had just eliminated the buy 4 for 70 bucks deal b/c it was costing them too much, but then they all disappeared. Not sure why?

M.[/quote]

When stock of both products began to go low they took away the multi-pack option to ration the remaining stock that was left. Basically they did it to stretch what they had remaining out.

I talked to customer support and they said it would still be another 6-8 weeks (and they have been out for 4 weeks or so). In short it’s going to be a while

[quote]lothos wrote:
I talked to customer support and they said it would still be another 6-8 weeks (and they have been out for 4 weeks or so). In short it’s going to be a while[/quote]

I’m still baffled as to why they would let a seller like Finibars go out of stock for that long.

Just thought they would have had the reformulated version in the works and ready to go after the old stock was depleted.

[quote]StateOfPsychosis wrote:

[quote]lothos wrote:
I talked to customer support and they said it would still be another 6-8 weeks (and they have been out for 4 weeks or so). In short it’s going to be a while[/quote]

I’m still baffled as to why they would let a seller like Finibars go out of stock for that long.

Just thought they would have had the reformulated version in the works and ready to go after the old stock was depleted.[/quote]

I am baffled as well. Not trying to be a dick, but I could care less about Plazma right now, I rather see the MD bars and FINiBARS back in stock.

One thing you have to understand that when you formulate something, you have to go thru a lot of tweaks. The changes can cause problems, like the bars are dry, or not flavorful or anything like that.

I am sure Biotest didn’t want this to happen, but you know Tim, he wants things to be perfect. :slight_smile:

[quote]BradyZ wrote:

[quote]StateOfPsychosis wrote:

[quote]lothos wrote:

Just thought they would have had the reformulated version in the works and ready to go after the old stock was depleted.[/quote]

I am baffled as well. Not trying to be a dick, but I could care less about Plazma right now, I rather see the MD bars and FINiBARS back in stock.

One thing you have to understand that when you formulate something, you have to go thru a lot of tweaks. The changes can cause problems, like the bars are dry, or not flavorful or anything like that.

I am sure Biotest didn’t want this to happen, but you know Tim, he wants things to be perfect. :)[/quote]

about the Plazma, where do you get this? I have hheard people saying its great but i have not seen it on any site, was it discontinued?

Plazma has yet to be released to the public.

I hope the new MD and FINiBARS come out soon, I have just one MD bar left.

Seeing as though the return of the Metabolic Drive bars isn’t anywhere in sight, would anyone like to recommend another product out there that is similar in terms of macros and tastes half decent? I don’t eat them anymore but I have a number of clients that I keep them around for.

Thanks.

[quote]DUMP_TRUCK wrote:
Seeing as though the return of the Metabolic Drive bars isn’t anywhere in sight, would anyone like to recommend another product out there that is similar in terms of macros and tastes half decent? I don’t eat them anymore but I have a number of clients that I keep them around for.

Thanks. [/quote]

I’m a pretty big fan of the Met-RX Big 100 Cookie Dough. Decent protein blend, no hydrogenated fats, mainly glucose and high glucose polysaccharides for carbohydrates. There’s some fillers in there I would otherwise avoid but in a pinch it will do. (http://images.vitaminimages.com/cdn/sd/pdf/F045843-AE.pdf)

Might also try Finibars depending on what your clients are looking for.

Well it appears the 6-8 week timeframe is off (since that was in Nov). sigh guess its another box of substandard stuff from Costco.

[quote]lothos wrote:
Well it appears the 6-8 week timeframe is off (since that was in Nov). sigh guess its another box of substandard stuff from Costco. [/quote]

Honestly, why not give the Finibars a go? They increased the protein with them and they are going to be better than the Costco stuff by a longshot. They taste pretty great so i don’t see how you could go wrong.

They taste amazing but do wish they had more protein.

[quote]Eazy wrote:

[quote]lothos wrote:
Well it appears the 6-8 week timeframe is off (since that was in Nov). sigh guess its another box of substandard stuff from Costco. [/quote]

Honestly, why not give the Finibars a go? They increased the protein with them and they are going to be better than the Costco stuff by a longshot. They taste pretty great so i don’t see how you could go wrong.
[/quote]
Well the chocolate ones don’t sit well with me and peanut butter are a no go because my kid has a peanut thing. I’m trying to diet down post powerlifting meet and every calorie I can save is a win.