T Nation

Metabolic Drive Orange

When I first tried this flavor I thought it was okay, but I preferred chocolate and banana.

Well, I tried it again and the taste is amazing. Don’t know whether this is a new orange flavor or just a change in my taste buds, but I’m hooked on Metabolic Drive orange, especially first thing in the morning when something like chocolate just isn’t as appealing.

Anyway, if you haven’t tried the orange flavor in a while, give it another shot!

For a treat mixed with a scoop of vanilla ice cream or even milk it tastes a lot like an orange creamsicle or sherbet.

D

I’ve actually gotten into mixing flavors lately. Some of the concoctions I’ve tried (not revolutionary, but worth a shot)

Chocolate/Banana - obvious

Strawberry/Banana - obvious

Orange/Banana - very fruity and very good. Not what you would expect.

Chocolate/Orange - very good. Worth a try.

Mixing vanilla with any of the other flavors is pointless. You’ll just get a blander version of the other flavor.

I agree the orange is a nice change to me with ice damn thing taste like one of those orange julius from the little stands in the mall from when I was a fat little Phill

LOL

I’ve been stuck on chocolate and banana forever so I just got a strawberry. It’s not bad for a change of pace although I rarely care for fruity flavored products. I guess I’ll give the orange a shot next order.

You can simulate the creamsicle/julius taste with any vanilla powder by adding Tang and ice. Nice post WO choice.

Not to hijack but is anyone else disappointed with the LESS rich & creamy chocolate formulation? What really sucks is I just figured out that adding a little Grow! Whey powder thins it out in the exact same way (whey?). I miss that thick dutch chocolate texture in my yogurt/cottage cheese concoctions :frowning:

yea I noticed this as soon as it happened, it is nowhere near the same in taste and texture. Doesnt mix into a pudding as well, not as good mixed with other stuff, and I was a chocolate Metabolic Drive freak back in the day. I have since moved to another brand… which is a damn shame b/c I was ordering multiple tubs every month.

DezZ

I’ll have to give it another whirl. I was not a big fan of the old flavor.

[quote]Kruiser wrote:
Not to hijack but is anyone else disappointed with the LESS rich & creamy chocolate formulation? What really sucks is I just figured out that adding a little Grow! Whey powder thins it out in the exact same way (whey?). I miss that thick dutch chocolate texture in my yogurt/cottage cheese concoctions :-([/quote]

Are you talking about the NEWEST batch that’s been done up like in the last month or so?

I really like these new flavors also. Banana is delicious, just ordered some orange.

which brand? I loved the old stuff as well and haven’t been able to find anything close in taste and texture since they changed the stuff.