Metabolic Drive Compared to Whey

Wow, thanks for the fast and informative posts, definately some of the bests I’ve seen in my foruming experience! (BB.com, WBB.com, etc.)

Looks like I’ll try it out (Metabolic Drive/Classic Grow!), money isn’t too big of an issue, my parents split supplement costs with me and encourage a healthy life style, so I don’t really have an excuse not to give it a try. Just out of curiosity, about how many Metabolic Drive/Classic Grow! shakes do you guys go through a day? I’m thinking probally about 2 for me, 1 at school lunch in skim milk, and 1 with my post workout meal.

[quote]Le Stig wrote:
Metabolic Drive contains Micellar casein which is expensive. If whey is classed as anabolic with a good boost to plasma amino acid levels quickly then casein has a marked anti-catabolic effect with a more prolonged effect on plasma amino acid levels because it is slower in its digestion and synthesis.

Compared to regular caseinates, micellar casein has a higher level of bio-active milk peptides like glymacropeptides and casomorphins. There are too many benefits of these to list here. Just be assured, they are fuckin great.
[/quote]

Everything he said and more. I originally found T-Nation while doing a search for the best protein supplements. Since using Grow!/Metabolic Drive and Surge I have seen VAST improvements in my recovery times and overall appearance. And besides that it tastes great, mixes well and works well in recipes/cooking.

AG

[quote]AG1 wrote:
Le Stig wrote:
Metabolic Drive contains Micellar casein which is expensive. If whey is classed as anabolic with a good boost to plasma amino acid levels quickly then casein has a marked anti-catabolic effect with a more prolonged effect on plasma amino acid levels because it is slower in its digestion and synthesis.

Compared to regular caseinates, micellar casein has a higher level of bio-active milk peptides like glymacropeptides and casomorphins. There are too many benefits of these to list here. Just be assured, they are fuckin great.

Everything he said and more. I originally found T-Nation while doing a search for the best protein supplements. Since using Grow!/Metabolic Drive and Surge I have seen VAST improvements in my recovery times and overall appearance. And besides that it tastes great, mixes well and works well in recipes/cooking.

AG
[/quote]

I’ll definetly agree that Metabolic Drive is the best mixing protein on the market. No clumps…

[quote]Proteinpowda wrote:
ipjunkie wrote:
I used to use ON’s 100%, but I got away from it after hearing some things about the quality not testing very highly. Image, you might get a batch with as low as 40% of what they SAY is in there.

That’s odd. I was ordering some non-Biotest supps at another store and they had a quality assay on their site that showed Optimun beating it’s label claims.[/quote]

True. It actually beat the label claims.
“According to company label claims, this protein should contain only 74.82 % protein per 100 grams.” It contained 75.7%.

[quote]TommyGunn wrote:
Proteinpowda wrote:
ipjunkie wrote:
I used to use ON’s 100%, but I got away from it after hearing some things about the quality not testing very highly. Image, you might get a batch with as low as 40% of what they SAY is in there.

That’s odd. I was ordering some non-Biotest supps at another store and they had a quality assay on their site that showed Optimun beating it’s label claims.

“According to company label claims, this protein should contain only 74.82 % protein per 100 grams.” It contained 75.7%.[/quote]

Ahh I just ordered an energy supplement to pit it against Spike. That reminds me that I need to order some Metabolic Drive bars…
I still have a decent amount of Grow! and Spike left.

So what you’re saying is that when I count my 3 scoops of whey shake as 72 grams of protein (24 grams per scoop) it’s not even close to that? Bro if that’s true then I don’t even want to know it!!! My protein consuption bill would be SOOOO fucking high if I had to shell out the money for Metabolic Drive or Grow! or any similar protein to get to 400 grams a day. Btw yes I also ear regular food so dont’ go there. GOD DAMMIT! I’m going to pretend I never read this. Please tell me I’m understanding this wrong?

My take on ON: It’s dog shit in a bottle. All of their crap is cheaply made, cheaply sold shit. Don’t waste any money on them. There are better supps around, mainly on this site. I don’t recommend ON’s stuff to anyone.

[quote]TommyGunn wrote:
Proteinpowda wrote:
ipjunkie wrote:

That’s odd. I was ordering some non-Biotest supps at another store and they had a quality assay on their site that showed Optimun beating it’s label claims.

“According to company label claims, this protein should contain only 74.82 % protein per 100 grams.” It contained 75.7%.[/quote]

Where did the COA come from? Hell I can print something up that states whatever I want it to. I have first hand experience with it and it isn’t “quality”. Bargain at best.

[quote]BIGRAGOO wrote:
TommyGunn wrote:
Proteinpowda wrote:
ipjunkie wrote:

“According to company label claims, this protein should contain only 74.82 % protein per 100 grams.” It contained 75.7%.

Where did the COA come from? Hell I can print something up that states whatever I want it to. I have first hand experience with it and it isn’t “quality”. Bargain at best.
[/quote]

I don’t get it…at one point Whey was the new “Gold Standard.” Then as soon as Biotest said otherwise and Biotest started pushing Metabolic Drive simply every other protein on the market becomes CRAP…

Just b/c Biotest doesn’t make doesn’t mean it isn’t crap.
I have said that Metabolic Drive is the best tasting protein on the market (mainly 3 of its flavors) and it’s definetly the best mixing (even beating isopure), but does that mean everything else is crap? No…

Biotest makes top-tier supplements but some other companies are as good, if not better…the majority aren’t though. If you look at any other store and notice their fat-loss supplements half of them still contain synephrine but all the best ones now contain Gugglesterones. Biotest started that trend (when they launched HOT-ROX) b/c they are innovators.

[quote]Proteinpowda wrote:
I don’t get it…at one point Whey was the new “Gold Standard.” Then as soon as Biotest said otherwise and Biotest started pushing Metabolic Drive simply every other protein on the market becomes CRAP…

Just b/c Biotest doesn’t make doesn’t mean it isn’t crap.[/quote]

Did you mean to say, “Just b/c Biotest doesn’t make doesn’t mean it IS crap?”

If so, I agree 100%. People need to stop thinking like that and the people that do think like that are simply ignorant.

[quote]BIGRAGOO wrote:
Where did the COA come from?[/quote]

The lab who conducted the test was American Analytic Chemistry Laboratories.

The vendor who had the protein tested is a well known, reputable company. They even sell Biotest products.

Yes you could, and make it known to the public, but you would eventually get sued for fraud.

I thought the same thing about ON’s products 15 years ago, but I read that they have improved the quality of their products.

Did you have ON’s protein tested? If so, please post the lab results.

If not, then how do you know it is bad quality? One’s personal opinion, without objective evidence (lab result), does not mean much. “Quality” is not determined solely by personal opinion, i.e., favorable opinion does not necessarily equal a quality product.

If personal opinion meant quality, then the quality of ON’s protein blows every other protein manufacturer out of the water, since more people buy ON’s protein than anyone else (or so I have read), and we can infer that those people buying ON’s protein obviously have a favorable opinion of its quality. But the number of sales of a product does not necessarliy equate to the quality of a product, e.g., just because Brand X sells less product than Brand Y, does not mean Brand X is an inferior product.

Planet Muscle has also tested many brands and lists ON as having quality stuff, along with Dorian Yates Approved, Beverly Int’l, and others.

People usually have a personal preference for a product at any one point in time. That does not mean the other brands are of inferior quality. It just means that is what you prefer.

Anyone please tell me where I can get a good protein that has whey, casein and milk proteins, and I am in Montreal, honestly I would buy Metabolic Drive but for me to order 1 Metabolic Drive, 1 bottle of Flameout and 1 bottle of ZMA would cost over 30$ for shipping and I wont even know if it will make it across the border, so if anyone knows a decently priced good quality protein with those 3 types of protein that i can get at any store in or near MTL i would appreciate it. Thanks!

I’d be more the willing to start a log on Metabolic Drive compared to regular whey (ON) at the same amount I take in now. Like 200 grams a day for 2 months of one brand then the other, assuming the extra exspense for the Metabolic Drive is paid for (I’ll gladly cover the $ for what I’d normally pay for ON.