Metabolic Drive Chocolate Chunk Bar

Maybe a Low-Carb version of the bars is possible??? Just enough real sugar and the rest replaced with Splenda (or whatever). Might be good for alot of us “carbophobics”. ;^)

Just out of interest more than anything, does anyone know why the Grow! bars have changed / been replaced with the Metabolic Drive bars with the slight adjustment to the macronutrient composition?

Just curious really, I have the Grow! bars in both flavours and they are great to have in a pinch or as a treat.

[quote]Mod Brian wrote:
scorchza wrote:
What happened to the Grow! bars? Are the Metabolic Drive bars its replacement?

Yes.[/quote]

Ugh. There is no comparison. Grow! bars are clearly superior.

I think it was because the ‘Grow!’ name doesn’t really appeal too much too women, most would rather ‘shrink!’ I have a feeling we may be buying Metabolic Drive in 2 lb tubs as well. Fine by me…

Doesn’t take the Grow bars off the market kind of kill the whole idea behind giving out the free cases of them? I personally placed 3 orders that week (I stocked up on everything) to get the free bars.

so it was product movement…that was the reason the cases of Grow! bars were free with orders of X amount?

Making room for Metabolic Drive bars

Just curious, I guess I had the old “if it ain’t broke don’t re-engineer it” attitude.

[quote]S-Lifter wrote:
Mod Brian wrote:
scorchza wrote:

Yes.

Ugh. There is no comparison. Grow! bars are clearly superior.[/quote]

Gentlemen,

They’re the SAME bars.

We just changed the name because the name Grow! didn’t appeal to women and we want to expand the market.

The Peanut Butter Grow! bars are the exact same bars as the Metabolic Drive bars.

The Chocolate Chunk is a new flavor. It costs us more to make it, so it costs a tiny bit more.

[quote]Atomic Dog wrote:
S-Lifter wrote:
Mod Brian wrote:
scorchza wrote:

Yes.

Gentlemen,

They’re the SAME bars.

We just changed the name because the name Grow! didn’t appeal to women and we want to expand the market.

The Peanut Butter Grow! bars are the exact same bars as the Metabolic Drive bars.

The Chocolate Chunk is a new flavor. It costs us more to make it, so it costs a tiny bit more.

[/quote]

But the PB are also at the higher price and no longer offered in cartons of 36 if I noticed that on the store correctly.
The new flavor (Chocolate Chunk) is vastly superior to the other flavors. I gobbled up that box in less than a week. I think I started sleep-walking to grab one in the middle of the night sometimes :slight_smile:
How I managed not to trip somewhere in my messy house is beyond me…Maybe Foopa guided me like Rudolph the Red Nosed Reindeer except instead of a red nose she had an illuminated can of Skippy attached to her tail.

[quote]Proteinpowda wrote:
But the PB are also at the higher price and no longer offered in cartons of 36 if I noticed that on the store correctly.
[/quote]

Dude,
I’m sorry to just attack you like this but… lately you just don’t seem to stop bitching. Are on your anti-estrogens after your 1-AD b/c it doesn’t seem like it.

If I remember correctly, Tim sent you a bunch of free gear yet you still STILL complain. Please, for the love of all that is sane, stop whining.

These are still GREAT BARS and the new flavor is #%@%@# Incredible. I inhaled my box and even my mother (who only eats almond joys) prefers these over her almond joys.

THE PRICE IS STILL CHEAP AS HELL! We’re talking about what? $1.30 for a bar?!

Thats NOTHING. Crap, if you compare it to a Detour bar you can get TWO and STILL SAVE MONEY.

Seriously, guys. You all make me enjoy the time I spend with my 2 year-old neice cause she actually bitches less.

Sorry for the rant, this stuff just drives me nuts.

[quote]TriGWU wrote:
Proteinpowda wrote:

Dude,
I’m sorry to just attack you like this but… lately you just don’t seem to stop bitching. Are on your anti-estrogens after your 1-AD b/c it doesn’t seem like it.

If I remember correctly, Tim sent you a bunch of free gear yet you still STILL complain. Please, for the love of all that is sane, stop whining.

These are still GREAT BARS and the new flavor is #%@%@# Incredible. I inhaled my box and even my mother (who only eats almond joys) prefers these over her almond joys.

THE PRICE IS STILL CHEAP AS HELL! We’re talking about what? $1.30 for a bar?!

Thats NOTHING. Crap, if you compare it to a Detour bar you can get TWO and STILL SAVE MONEY.

Seriously, guys. You all make me enjoy the time I spend with my 2 year-old neice cause she actually bitches less.

Sorry for the rant, this stuff just drives me nuts.

[/quote]

I’m not bitching. If you read my post in it’s entirety, along with previous posts of mine for the last few weeks since Tim sent me them that I am in love with the new Metabolic Drive bars. They taste as good or better than candy bars. I plan on buying more; in fact I actually plan on possibly buying a few boxes of them as X-mas gifts for a few people.
All I did was simply not that the new bars weren’t in boxes of 36. I did not phrase my post as an attack or a complaint, more as an observation embedded with curiosity.

In regards to the cost…they’re 30% more; well worth it for the better taste.

[quote]Atomic Dog wrote:
Gentlemen,

They’re the SAME bars.

The Peanut Butter Grow! bars are the exact same bars as the Metabolic Drive bars.[/quote]

Don’t you love this? How many posts on this thread and the other one are by people saying that even the PB Metabolic Drive bar is much better (and more moist and chewy) than the Grow! PB bar. Yet they’re exactly the same! The power of the human mind. You think it’s different so you experience the same thing differently. LOL

I’m not bitching.
[/quote]

It came off as bitching to me.

[quote]Atomic Dog wrote:
[/quote]

To echo what another poster said, does that mean the Grow! powders are going to be renamed as well?

[quote]ChrisKing wrote:
Proteinpowda wrote:
I’m not bitching.

It came off as bitching to me.[/quote]

Whatever. If it was bitching how come in the next sentence I stated how the new flavor is better than the original?
How come I’ve been plugging them on the forums for the last few weeks?

God, arguing on the internet is such a waste of time and some people get too sucked into this testosterone thing. Granted it’s a good lifestyle and vastly superior to any other site on the net but some of you act like you base your life around Biotest and every comma or semicolon that TC and the rest type.
That’s why I’ve dissapeared and taken hiatuses from this site before…it’s a fucking discussion board where you can’t see one’s facial expression as they state something.

Truly some of you need to CALM DOWN at times. Your life is not a jug of protein powder or a Grow! bar.

I think it’s time for a break.

You’re the only one that seems to be getting all huffy over this.

ChrisKing wrote:
Proteinpowda wrote:
I’m not bitching.

Whatever. If it was bitching how come in the next sentence I stated how the new flavor is better than the original?

God, arguing on the internet is such a waste of time and some people get too sucked into this testosterone thing. Granted it’s a good lifestyle and vastly superior to any other site on the net but some of you act like you base your life around Biotest and every comma or semicolon that TC and the rest type.
That’s why I’ve dissapeared and taken hiatuses from this site before…it’s a fucking discussion board where you can’t see one’s facial expression as they state something.

Truly some of you need to CALM DOWN at times. Your life is not a jug of protein powder or a Grow! bar.

[/quote]

[quote]TeeVee69 wrote:
Atomic Dog wrote:

To echo what another poster said, does that mean the Grow! powders are going to be renamed as well?[/quote]

Most likely.

Again, women in general and men and women who are heavy don’t like the name Grow!

I also have a friend who’s an oncologist. He’d love to recommend Grow! to his cancer patients (easy to get down and palatable protein), but the name scares them off for obvious reasons.

ChrisKing wrote:
Proteinpowda wrote:
I’m not bitching.

[/quote]

Off topic:
Yeah, I noticed you took some time off…but something changed about you. At first you seemed to be just some dumbass that enjoyed being made fun of…CONSTANTLY. You would just open yourself up for a whole shit storm of attacks. Then you disappear for a while, and when you come back you actually make intelligent posts, offer some good advice every now and then. It’s kind of a mind-fuck. Are you sure you are the same person?

Anyway…

It’s obvious you like to complain.

[quote]Atomic Dog wrote:
S-Lifter wrote:
Mod Brian wrote:
scorchza wrote:

Yes.

Gentlemen,

They’re the SAME bars.

[/quote]

Damn it, I was wrong. I really thought my long time favorite Grow! bars were better than something I never tried. Live and learn.

Now tell Tim to stop following me. :wink:

[quote]S-Lifter wrote:
Atomic Dog wrote:
S-Lifter wrote:
Mod Brian wrote:
scorchza wrote:

Yes.

Gentlemen,

They’re the SAME bars.

Damn it, I was wrong. I really thought my long time favorite Grow! bars were better than something I never tried. Live and learn.

Now tell Tim to stop following me. ;)[/quote]

lol, so you never tried them but still felt in your expert opinion that Grow! bars were superior. Ok genius.

There are 3 bar names here…the old Grow! bars, the most recent Grow! bars, and Metabolic Drive bars. The latter two are the same formula. I was unknowingly bemoaning the old lemon-flavored bars, my favorites of all time.

Bdog, I am sorry for your inconvenience.