This is supposed to be good for me?

Holy shit!

[quote]JNG wrote:
Best.

Bar.

Ever…

This is supposed to be good for me?

Holy shit![/quote]

WORD! I just got home and opened up the present the FedEx guy left on my doorstep and ripped open a Metabolic Drive bar, holy shit! These things are like candy! If you have not tried them yet you need to order some!

DAMN! Everyone is talking about these new bars. I already have 2/3 box of the PB Grow! bars. Now I need to order some Metabolic Drive bars I guess.

I have 2.5 cases of peanut butter Grow! bars before I can order the Metabolic Drive bars. Eat up!

The chocolate ain’t got nothin’ on the PB.

Carbs 25 g
Protein 20 g

Is this good for you? Please set me straight. Maybe it’s good carbs. Or maybe it’s best for post workout.

I’m sorry, I’ve been busy working overtime and haven’t been reading much, and missed “any why this is good” post by the staff. Please point me to the proper info on this bar.

Thanks

[quote]sugarfree wrote:
Carbs 25 g
Protein 20 g

Is this good for you? Please set me straight. Maybe it’s good carbs. Or maybe it’s best for post workout.

[/quote]

Well, I wouldn’t say they’re the BEST thing to be eating, however in a pinch they sure are hard to beat.

[quote]sugarfree wrote:
Carbs 25 g
Protein 20 g

I’m sorry, I’ve been busy working overtime and haven’t been reading much, and missed “any why this is good” post by the staff. Please point me to the proper info on this bar.

Thanks[/quote]

What’s wrong with 25 g carb and 20 g protein? It’s food! I haven’t seen anyone claim that they have magical qualities.

I think some of the people around here get way to fanatical worrying about eating.

I have 1-2 Metabolic Drive/Grow! Bars a day when I want to lose fat because they are the perfect snack/bridge to my next meal.

[quote]Vash wrote:
The chocolate ain’t got nothin’ on the PB.[/quote]

I disagree, and I thought that the peanut butter would have been better.

I have Grow! and Metabolic Drive peanut butter and the chocolate Metabolic Drive bars are far better.

OMG the choco chunk is the living end! The PB is pretty good to!

Is there much difference in taste between the Grow! Chocolate Brownie / Peanut Butter bars and the Metabolic Drive Chocolate Chunk / Peanut Butter bars or do they taste the same?

I have to be very honest here so please don’t rip me apart. I would be far more happy getting these bars if the following was addressed, and this is straight from the ingredients list:

• protein blend (contains: milk-protein isolate, ion-exchanged whey-protein isolate, whey protein hydrolysate, micellar casein)
    WHEY AND CASEIN FIRST, AS THIS WOULD MEAN THEY ARE IN MUCH HIGHER PROPORTION, AND ARE MUCH BETTER SOURCES OF PROTEIN IMO
  • coating (contains: sugar, fractionated palm kernal oil, cocoa powder, whey powder, nonfat milk powder, soy lecithin (emulsifier) natural flavor), glycerin, alkalized cocoa powder
    DROP THE SUGAR AND PALM KERNEL OIL
  • chocolate chunks (contains: sugar, chocolate liquor, cocoa butter, soy lecithin (emulsifier), artificial flavoring added, salt, vanilla)
    DROP THE SUGAR
  • chocolate syrup (contains: sorbitol, malto-dextrin, water, cocoa processed with alkali, maltitol syrup, modified corn starch, salt, potassium sorbate, Acesulfame K, artificial flavor, xanthan gum), hydrolyzed collagen, water, EnergySmart (R) (contains: fruit juice, natural grain dextrin), polydextrose, peanut oil, salt, sucralose, natural flavor, natural almond butter, peanut flour.
    DROP THE MALTODEXTRIN, CORN STARCH, COLLAGEN, POLYDEXTROSE.

[quote]xenithon wrote:
I have to be very honest here so please don’t rip me apart. I would be far more happy getting these bars if the following was addressed, and this is straight from the ingredients list:

• protein blend (contains: milk-protein isolate, ion-exchanged whey-protein isolate, whey protein hydrolysate, micellar casein)
    WHEY AND CASEIN FIRST, AS THIS WOULD MEAN THEY ARE IN MUCH HIGHER PROPORTION, AND ARE MUCH BETTER SOURCES OF PROTEIN IMO
  • coating (contains: sugar, fractionated palm kernal oil, cocoa powder, whey powder, nonfat milk powder, soy lecithin (emulsifier) natural flavor), glycerin, alkalized cocoa powder
    DROP THE SUGAR AND PALM KERNEL OIL
  • chocolate chunks (contains: sugar, chocolate liquor, cocoa butter, soy lecithin (emulsifier), artificial flavoring added, salt, vanilla)
    DROP THE SUGAR
  • chocolate syrup (contains: sorbitol, malto-dextrin, water, cocoa processed with alkali, maltitol syrup, modified corn starch, salt, potassium sorbate, Acesulfame K, artificial flavor, xanthan gum), hydrolyzed collagen, water, EnergySmart (R) (contains: fruit juice, natural grain dextrin), polydextrose, peanut oil, salt, sucralose, natural flavor, natural almond butter, peanut flour.
    DROP THE MALTODEXTRIN, CORN STARCH, COLLAGEN, POLYDEXTROSE.[/quote]

I still dont get all this.Peopl want a bar that taste like a candy bar but was handed down from the GODS in terms of nutrition Not going to happen. I personally Like the fact there is some real sugar and not as much franken food sugar alcohol BS I dont trust em.

The oils man they have to have some in there to simply make these things work .
The protain, well milk isolate is first which is I belaiev 80^ casein and 20 % whey so It is whay and casien first like you wanted Milk protein is simply Whole its a great source.

I like em. I dont live on them maybe one a day at most but feel they are a great addition to any clean diet.

Just my take,
Phill

Phil - I agree. I was simply pointing out what I would suggest in order to make it an everyday food choice. I would rather have it like that, tasting like candy, and have it as a cheat meal of sorts, or when you have no other option. It beats any quick street/junk food hands down!

However, since the price of these bars locally is ridiculous (about $8 each!) I would have to opt for other makes. And due to the trade-off between taste and ingredients, most bars nowadays can match these (perhaps not in taste but in nutritional profile).

Lol Man nothing againts you at all I just dont understand the problem or argument people have here even you state it PERFECTLY.

So what you say is these meet the standards of the bars out there that are healthym yet the beat them in taste, Tatseing more like the bars that are Schite. LOL

That sounds like a winner to me.

I wouldnt even condier these a cheat really they taste like it but I think they can be used once a day as a small meal/snack. Easy and mobile as well.

Oh and DAMN where the heck are you buying them forn $8 each. LOL

Ltr,
Phill

[quote]dheeel wrote:
Is there much difference in taste between the Grow! Chocolate Brownie / Peanut Butter bars and the Metabolic Drive Chocolate Chunk / Peanut Butter bars or do they taste the same?[/quote]

Metabolic Drive bars taste even better.

[quote]ChrisKing wrote:
dheeel wrote:
Is there much difference in taste between the Grow! Chocolate Brownie / Peanut Butter bars and the Metabolic Drive Chocolate Chunk / Peanut Butter bars or do they taste the same?

Metabolic Drive bars taste even better.[/quote]

I can tell the difference with the chocolate bars, but I have both the Grow! Peanut Butter and Metabolic Drive Peanut Butter bars and the difference is miniscule! The only difference I can tell is that the Metabolic Drive bars are a little softer/chewier. But the Peanut Butter taste is exactly the same.

Doesn’t ‘softer/chewier’ = better taste?

It does in my book.

What happened to the Grow! bars? Are the Metabolic Drive bars its replacement?

[quote]scorchza wrote:
What happened to the Grow! bars? Are the Metabolic Drive bars its replacement?[/quote]

Yes.