Metabolic Drive Choc - Different?

I really find the different tastes of people interesting.

I haven’t received my recent order of Metabolic Drive yet, but if it comes and is part of the “thinner” batch, I’m going to be thrilled.

I swear, I felt like I was mixing cement with the older formula. Never stopped me from using it, but it was just a bit thick for my taste…

[quote]HouseOfAtlas wrote:
Mod Brian wrote:
If Tim and TC had this attitude, our products would not have changed since the late 1990s.

Biotest is all about innovation. Tim and TC are constantly working to improve our existing products and develop highly effective new ones.

I can’t think of a single product that we’ve released that has been on the market long without undergoing improvements. It would be easier and less costly to just keep everything as is, but that’s not the way they think. They really want to make the absolute best supplements possible.

In the case of Metabolic Drive Low-Carb Protein Shake, they found a source of even higher quality proteins. In addition to this, I believe they wanted decrease the thickness and tweak the flavoring. I’m very happy they did this.

Well, it looks like a lot of people like the other stuff better.

I’m not trying to start a fight or anything, but I don’t see how flavoring can cause a protein to go from creamy to water-like.

If one buys 100% casein with no flavoring, its going to be thick. Unless someone can explain to me how flavoring can make a thicker protein turn into a water-like protein.

BTW, how much whey isolate is there compared to casein. Just curious.[/quote]

Caesin might not have a direct correlation to thickness, in the amount you make it out to be. I believe Carageenan is one of the thickening agents which gives it the mouth feel and texture similar to puddings. Alter the content of this ingredient and you can have a much thicker/thinner shake.

Dude I got some. Just mix it and then let it sit for 5 mins. You can still turn that shit upside down. Not too much water though.

Who eats MD with water anyway? Just eat it with a spoon dude. That way you can lick it off your teeth for the next hour or so, prolonging the deliciousness.

OR

Mix it with heavy whipping cream (35%, not whipped cream) and it will be like tar and tasty.

The mouth-feel is different; not as smooth, in my perception.

The taste isn’t what I’m used to; I don’t like it as much.

OTOH, I’m throwing in some of the new Whey Powder anyway to prolong the L-C Metabolic Drive, so I’d be changing the taste anyway. Also, I still think the taste I’m getting is balanced by the nutritional content.

Here’s one idea for thickening things up a bit. Much of the thickness in shakes also comes from the gum blend in the powder. In Metabolic Drive they use cellulose gum. Im guessing that the way they made it thinner was to remove or alter this blend.

One way I’ve found with other brands of shakes to improve this is to add a substance called guar gum. Sounds odd, but it’s made from guar beans, and is completely non-synthetic. They usually sell it in health food stores and things and it’s in the same area as flours and whatnot.

I got an 8 oz. bottle of it for $6.99, and it lasts a long time. For one-two cups of liquid you only need to add 1/2-1 teaspoon to enhance the texture. Best of all, that only adds fiber to shakes, 1 carb per half teaspoon.

Might be more work than people want to do, but hell, it works as a temporary fix.

Well, to counterbalance this thread somewhat, I’d like to say that I much prefer the new flavour.

However, I’d still like to know what percentage of micellar casein is in there. Mod Brian said on another thread that the amount of casein hasn’t changed. Ok. So how much was in there before?

:wink:

I also noticed this with the vanilla flavor, and I too miss the ability to put more water in and make a thick tasty pudding. But, as I found out this morning, it mixes much better with oatmeal.

Which is better? Personal preference I suppose. But for me, I think I’m going to look into some guar gum and thicken mine, since protein pudding is my favorite snack.

I wanted to revisit this as my latest shipment of vanilla seems to have regained its number of servings as well as some if not all of its mixability?
Anyone experienced this with the Chocolate (as I only re-upped on vanilla) ?

I’ve been buying it continuously and have never gotten a canister with only 27 servings, I am kind of confused about what all the fuss was about.

I’m bumping this as my latest order is back to 27 servings from what I call manufacturer #2:
Not as thick, different taste, more air pressure in canister. Imho, far inferior to the other.

[quote]spacepirate wrote:
I’m bumping this as my latest order is back to 27 servings from what I call manufacturer #2:
Not as thick, different taste, more air pressure in canister. Imho, far inferior to the other.

[/quote]

I totally agree; I just got more Chocolate Low-Carb Metabolic Drive, and I sure do miss the taste of Metabolic Drive!
The first Metabolic Drive that I got was the same, but not anymore…

For what it’s worth I’ve been purchasing Biotest products since it’s inception and I for one love the old version! It was unique and superior to any other protein powder on the market as far as mouth feel and taste.The new version reminds me of other protein powders I have tried…nothing special. Hopefully the protein blend is still the same or even better because that is what is most important but it would be nice to have both. That said I really miss the old version… I used to crave that stuff! Just my two cents.

The new vanilla is way better. The new chocolate isn’t quite as good though, which I don’t care too much about since I normally order vanilla. The new stuff mixes 10 times easier, too.

[quote]spacepirate wrote:

[/quote]

Same here, I got a chocolate one in the 32 servings one, then next month when I ordered it went back down to 27 servings.

I guess when the stock goes past the may manufacturing batch we’ll find out.

What’s the expiration date on yours?