T Nation

Metabolic Drive Bars Review

Bought a box of each flavor available. First of all their the size of a tootsie roll which really pissed me off. I took one bite and it even made me more mad as the taste was and texture was simply FABOLOUS, I knew after the first bite that the little thing would barely satisfy my need for a snack.

Awesome taste, awesome texture and awesome combination, just too DAMN small. I can’t say enough to how much I wished they were the size of the old bars. Make them bigger please, and you’ll have a customer for life.

p.s. The new front page is queer.

I dont know how big the bars were YEARS ago, but these bars have been the same size for probably a year now. If they arent big enough, eat 2. They aren’t all that expensive if you use them for a 500 calorie “snack” by eating two, less than 3 dollars.

The front page has also been the same for a loooonnnggg time. What is “new” about it?

Metabolic Drive bars get a big thumbs up from me…

better tasting, better ingrediants, lower price than anything I’ve seen sold anywhere…

great meal replacement option for busy people…

IMO, Metabolic Drive bars are, hands down, the best thing sold on this site…

A Toostie Roll? Why do people say such retarded things. These bars are far larger than a Tootsie Roll.

I just had one and prefer the current size. Great for between meals when you want a convienent nutriton bridge.

I do agree with you on the taste, though. They are good.

Have no idea what you are talking about with the page comment, however.

[quote]ChrisKing wrote:
o0ArticA0o wrote: First of all their the size of a tootsie roll which really pissed me off.

A Toostie Roll? Why do people say such retarded things. These bars are far larger than a Tootsie Roll.

I just had one and prefer the current size. Great for between meals when you want a convienent nutriton bridge.

Have no idea what you are talking about with the page comment, however.[/quote]

I would have to agree with Mr, King the size is more then adequate. I wouldn’t want something bigger it would be too much. Like someone else said if you are a giant then eat two. Taste is very damn good!

D

[quote]ChrisKing wrote:
o0ArticA0o wrote: First of all their the size of a tootsie roll which really pissed me off.

Have no idea what you are talking about with the page comment, however.[/quote]

You don’t know why people use sarcasm? I honestly don’t know how to answer that for you.

As for the front page, when I typed in the testosterone.net address instead of the typical front page with the articles listing, locker room, forum etc… I was lead to a front page with a guy flexing and a small description of what “T-Nation” is all about, sort of tacky/chorny if you will, atleast I thought.

The bars are great, the price is awesome, I wish they were bigger, if I wanted two then by all means I will. Simply put, my opinion still stands to have them bigger.

To each his own fellas.

[quote]o0ArticA0o wrote:
I took one bite and it even made me more mad as the taste was and texture was simply FABOLOUS,

[/quote]

Fabolous

I really only liked the chocolate chunk ones.

[quote]Stiggy wrote:
o0ArticA0o wrote:
I took one bite and it even made me more mad as the taste was and texture was simply FABOLOUS,

Fabolous[/quote]

Yep. Sounded a bit ghey!

[quote]PGA200X wrote:
I really only liked the chocolate chunk ones.[/quote]

Don’t look now, but they’re back in stock!

LJ

Unfortunately many people don’t know how to convey sarcasm in print. They often they come off as whiney.

I think they’re too good. I used to eat two at a time.

The first bars Biotest sold way back when were about twice as big as I recall… but they sold for more than twice as much.

The solution? Eat two of the new bars.

(I’m a math genius really…)

Of course, if they cost a nickel, weighed a pound each, and were hand delivered by Miss December, someone would say, “I like Miss January better. You guys suk!”

[quote]Chris Shugart wrote:
The first bars Biotest sold way back when were about twice as big as I recall… but they sold for more than twice as much.

Of course, if they cost a nickel, weighed a pound each, and were hand delivered by Miss December, someone would say, “I like Miss January better. You guys suk!”

[/quote]

It’s about being perfect remember. haha, there is no peace in business, something is always rotten in someones kitchen. But, hey, if I were to eat two at time does that mean that Im now paying over $3 per bar? Think about that.

The cookie dough ones are the fucking BOMB.

[quote]Chris Shugart wrote:

[/quote]

Words cannot describe how angry I would be if Biotest dare to insult me by sending Miss December instead of Miss January.

I would say that the old bars were 1.5 bigger. The new bars are much softer, taste better, and off the top of my head, eating two bars would cost the same as eating one of the old bars.

o0ArticA0o, 2 bars being a little over $3 is just the same as other brands costing the same amount at a convenience store. Which bars would you rather eat, Biotest’s or the other guys’? I’ve eaten the other guys’ for years and Biotest had the best bars in the market by far. Even its old bars were better than the competition… then and now.

I see your point about a good business always trying to top itself. Considering the new splash page that you like so much [sarcasm], and the fact that Chocolate Chunk is back, Biotest doesn’t seem to be sitting on their laurels.

[quote]BFBullpup wrote:
Chris Shugart wrote:

Words cannot describe how angry I would be if Biotest dare to insult me by sending Miss December instead of Miss January.

I would say that the old bars were 1.5 bigger. The new bars are much softer, taste better, and off the top of my head, eating two bars would cost the same as eating one of the old bars.

o0ArticA0o, 2 bars being a little over $3 is just the same as other brands costing the same amount at a convenience store. Which bars would you rather eat, Biotest’s or the other guys’? I’ve eaten the other guys’ for years and Biotest had the best bars in the market by far. Even its old bars were better than the competition… then and now.

I see your point about a good business always trying to top itself. Considering the new splash page that you like so much [sarcasm], and the fact that Chocolate Chunk is back, Biotest doesn’t seem to be sitting on their laurels.[/quote]

Nice post my man. Im with ya man. Im down with 2 of these instead of 1 big one from others. Chocolate Chunk is up again huh? might have to try them too.

Thanks again fellas, if you didn’t mean well. j/k haha

[quote]o0ArticA0o wrote:
Nice post my man. Im with ya man. Im down with 2 of these instead of 1 big one from others. Chocolate Chunk is up again huh? might have to try them too.
[/quote]

Thought so. :wink: You’ll love Chocolate Chunk. The fact that Biotest brought it back and NOT the other original flavor (Peanut Butter Crunch) should be an indicator of how much CC was loved before they who giveth, taketh away.