Metabolic Drive Bars Good/Bad?

What are anyone’s thoughts about the Metabolic Drive protein bars? They seem to be the only Biotest product not too many folks have anything good to say about. Have never seen them mentioned in any of the articles either.

I bought them to have as a meal replacement. They taste great, but some of the ingredients aren’t so great…
(sugar, fractionated palm kernal oil, syrup, partially hydrogenated soybean and/or cottonseed oil, canola oil)

I normally never include these products in my diet, and since I stopped eating them I notice I’ve leaned out and felt better.

The protein content is the same as the Metabolic Drive powder which is good, but all the other components are about the same as any other protein bar out there.

Is it that difficult to make a bar without these products because of the shelf-life etc.?

They taste pretty incredible.

I ordered a few boxes and I’ve found them helpful. I don’t think they should be a staple of your diet but they’re fantastic when you’re bulking and you realise that shit, you haven’t eaten in a while and it’s too late to cook a big meal. You can also eat them in a bar, at the office or wherever without eliciting strange looks.

milk-protein isolate, whey-protein concentrate, whey protein hydrolysate, micellar casein, sugar, fractionated palm kernal oil, cocoa powder, whey powder, nonfat milk powder, soy lecithin, natural flavor, glycerin, maltitol syrup, wheat flour, sugar, partially hydrogenated soybean and/or cottonseed oil, sodium bicarbonate, soy lecithin, wheat flour, sugar, canola oil, cocoa (processed with alkali), salt, sodium bicarbonate, hydrolyzed collagen, canola oil, water, polydextrose, fruit juice, natural grain dextrin, natural and artificial flavor, salt, caramel color, sucralose…

NUTRITIOUS AND DELICIOUS!

What you must realize, pvieira, is that, while you might not necessarily “need” Metabolic Drive Protein Bars, you certainly can’t get SWOLE without them, and that would make you a pussy.

They rock.

For the ingredient hounds, just don’t rely on them as your sole source of feed. But eat a couple in a pinch or while away from the house? Hell yeah.

Oh, and pop a chocolate chunk one in the microwave for 20 seconds or so and thank me later.

Metabolic Drive bars taste great. They probably have not been mentioned much in articles or on the forums because they are not meant to be a staple. They are just another kind of food.

I somehow think the ingredients have changed since they were Grow! bars (and I mean beyond the substitution of Metabolic Drive for Grow!). I don’t remember them having so many chemicals, nor the artificial sweeteners.

That said, compared to other protein bars on the market they are incredibly nutritious and offer the best tasting bar I have had. The occasional bar for those that are in situations where whole foods or protein shakes are not convenient is not going to cause problems.

As with anything though, be aware of possible food allergies and sensitivities, and make sure the macronutrient breakdown fits into your diet plan.

Awesome.

They are incredible.

I have to put the box in the most inconvenient locations in my house so that I don’t just pig out on them. On top of the fridge towards the back works well.

If I have them on my desk I kill the whole box in no time.

I’ve only had one they sent in one of my orders. They’re pretty damn tasty!

They do taste pretty damn good, no question there. I realize they are useful in situations where whole food is not an option. I’ve ate protein bars for years.

My question was COULD they make the same bar just as good without the above mentioned ingredients (hydrogenated oils, sugar etc.)?

[quote]pvieira wrote:
My question was COULD they make the same bar just as good without the above mentioned ingredients (hydrogenated oils, sugar etc.)?[/quote]

It might be possible, but they’d likely cost twice as much and not taste as good.

As it is, there’s not much of the bad stuff and it’s outwaited by the good stuff.

For example, there’s significatly less than 1 gram of hydrogenated fat and it’s only in the cookie dough flavor.

This doesn’t keep me from eating a couple a day on some occasions.

[quote]SBT wrote:
They rock.

For the ingredient hounds, just don’t rely on them as your sole source of feed. But eat a couple in a pinch or while away from the house? Hell yeah.

Oh, and pop a chocolate chunk one in the microwave for 20 seconds or so and thank me later.[/quote]

I’m thanking you now… it’s like a deep fried mars bar without the deep fried aspect.

And yeah, they do make those.

I use these between meals and when work is sending me to various locations before lunch.

Good or bad?

how about

FUCKING SWEET AS BALLS

They are good but I still prefer real food.

It’s so easy to go through 18 bars…I’d eat two at a time. Box doesn’t last more than a week!

Cookie Dough flavor was nice. Wasn’t there a different flavor that they discontinued that everyone liked? What was it?

[quote]Mod Brian wrote:
pvieira wrote:
My question was COULD they make the same bar just as good without the above mentioned ingredients (hydrogenated oils, sugar etc.)?

It might be possible, but they’d likely cost twice as much and not taste as good.

As it is, there’s not much of the bad stuff and it’s outwaited by the good stuff.

For example, there’s significatly less than 1 gram of hydrogenated fat and it’s only in the cookie dough flavor.

This doesn’t keep me from eating a couple a day on some occasions.[/quote]

Thanks, good to know, maybe I will hang on to them after all for times like traveling or as a snack between clients.

[quote]GrindOverMatter wrote:
FUCKING SWEET AS BALLS[/quote]

Depends how much you like balls.

I have to agree with everyone else. They’re not the most nutritious snack, but excellent in a pinch. And they do taste mighty purdy…

-Rowesk

love em. the chocolate chunk is my fav.

i like them in between meals as a high protein snack. i’m currently bulking and they fit in great in between my regular meals. 1 bar with 3 hard boiled eggs and some trail mix and i’m good til my next “real food” meal.

but i don’t eat nearly as many when i’m leaning up - an hour before my workout usually. i’ll instead substitute greens natural protein bars.

I don’t like them. Then again I don’t reall eat protein bars anymore. If I ever HAVE to pick one up, it’s Zero Impact for me.

I’ve been having one or two Metabolic Drive Bars per day lately. Usually chocolate chunk, but I’ll occasionally change it up and have cookie dough.

They are one of the only protein bars not loaded with sugar alcohols – like all the low carb (laxitive?) bars are.