Metabolic Decrease Wake Up Call

[quote]The Mighty Stu wrote:
Never watched a female figure athlete literally blow up after a stupidly prolonged contest diet by ingesting what wouldn’t even be a considered ‘normal’ caloric intake for a few days then huh?
S[/quote]

Water retention.

[quote]2020Wellness wrote:
Question to anyone who cares to answer:

When presented with the need, what processes does the body shut down or minimize to decrease it’s daily caloric expenditure?[/quote]

Any process dealing with food.

[quote]LIFTICVSMAXIMVS wrote:

Never watched a female figure athlete literally blow up after a stupidly prolonged contest diet by ingesting what wouldn’t even be a considered ‘normal’ caloric intake for a few days then huh?
S[/quote]

Water retention.[/quote]

lol, c’mon, you know it’s more than that. I can’t tell you how many times I’ve seen a figure competitor at a seminar just a few weeks after competing, and have to do a double take because she looks like a different person.

S

S[/quote]

Water retention.[/quote]

lol, c’mon, you know it’s more than that. I can’t tell you how many times I’ve seen a figure competitor at a seminar just a few weeks after competing, and have to do a double take because she looks like a different person.

S[/quote]
Over eating.

S[/quote]

Water retention.[/quote]

S[/quote]
Over eating.[/quote]

Of course! (smacks self in the forehead)

S

When presented with the need, what processes does the body shut down or minimize to decrease it’s daily caloric expenditure?[/quote]

[/quote]

So the person would then not be digesting food properly what little they are eating?

[quote]MetalMX wrote:

[/quote]
So the person would then not be digesting food properly what little they are eating? [/quote]
Hey 2020 you logged in under the wrong account.

[quote]MetalMX wrote:

[/quote]

So the person would then not be digesting food properly what little they are eating? [/quote]

No.

I meant conversion of excessive nutriment to storage triglycerides.

Since metabolism is purely chemical one’s metabolism cannot be ruined except by organic failure which would prevent metabolites from being produced.

The laws of physics must always be true; therefore, only the lack of necessary metabolites to carry out their specific function will cause a “slowing of the metabolism”.

Once those metabolites return to the bloodstream metabolic function must return as well (assuming no organic disease).

Since metabolism is purely chemical one’s metabolism cannot be ruined except by organic failure which would prevent metabolites from being produced.

The laws of physics must always be true; therefore, only the lack of necessary metabolites to carry out their specific function will cause a “slowing of the metabolism”.

Once those metabolites return to the bloodstream metabolic function must return as well (assuming no organic disease).[/quote]

My understanding is that in the case of a Mitochondrial disease or Hypothyroidism metabolism would be slowed down. As you mentioned organic failure in which metabolically something is going wrong.

Otherwise if one is getting enough essential nutrients they’re isn’t much chance that one’s metabolism would decrease to effect fat loss in the case of caloric deficits.

Someone post this in another thread yesterday.

/thread

This guy does not know what metabolism is.

Every chemical that enters the body has to be metabolized or excreted.

Storing excess nutriment as fat is a metabolic process.

Storing fat is NOT metabolic damage!!! This is the body’s healthy response excessive nutriment.

A “slowing” metabolism is not necessarily a bad thing. This just means that some chemicals are not being processed therefore energy is not being released.

That’s not metabolic damage either.

[/quote]

Amazing, you’d think that a guy with a PHD in Nutritional Sciences would understand how the body responds to food a little better.

S

[/quote]

Amazing, you’d think that a guy with a PHD in Nutritional Sciences would understand how the body responds to food a little better.

S
[/quote]
It’s too bad he discredits himself less than 4 minutes into the video.

Metabolism is chemically driven. It is not just a singular process that starts and stops because of lack of calories. This is not logically true and not even physically possible. Calories are derived from metabolism through the release of chemical energy.

Chemicals in, energy out.

Excessive nutrients that cannot covert to energy are stored for later conversion.

That’s how it works.