Metabolic/Anabolic Diet for Grappling.

Hi, i have started the anabolic diet(<30g carbs) since like 2 weeks, i had a carb load (24hrs) last saturday. I have to say that before this i have been on a moderate carb/cutting diet (like 70-80g carbs per day)

The thing is that when i’m on my grappling/judo workout i don’t feel the energy that i need, sometimes i feel dizzy, and my friends told me that i was palid and looked sick.

On this week i was thinking on eating carbs, when i see carbs anywhere it makes water in my mouth. But always i resist. I have willpower, but it pisses me off the fact that o have to count the “healthy” carbs (Like some tomatoes, onions, apples, berries, etc…) And the only thing that i would like to have are some apples. Just healthy apples…

So i hust red an article in Bodybuilding.com in which appears a K-1 fighter who used some kind of “modified” Anabolic diet. In which the autor (Dr. Mauro) says that this fighter goes from a moderate to low carbs in the week, to a moderate to high carbs in the weekend.

I was saying: “Thank god!!” 'cause i could follow that kind of diet, taking some natural anabolic advantages from the diet, AND eating some healthy carbs (fruit and all kinds of veggies, the ones that give me vitamins) which i need for my high intensity training (judo and my HIIT conditioning).

But the bad thing is that the author does not mention the percentages or the amount of carbs that that fighter was using (actually he was a BIG guy).

Obviusly the AD focus on weightlifting sports (bodybuilding/powerlifting). But what happens when you are in a combat sport, in which you need carbs for energy since the high intensity of the combat? You feel like CRAP. Because in the High intensity sports you use mostly carbs as fuel.

My question is: what kind of percentages in the diet(carbs protein fats) should i use to get the best of this diet? I mean, that i can succesfully train, do my weightlifting workout and my HIIT conditioning ?

Thanks

Ah, almost forgot. I’m trying to cycle my calories in order to make a 2 bulking days ( Max effort upper and ME lower body, I’m doing westside) 3 maintance days ( 1 HIIT day and 2 weight training days [1 dynamic effort lower body day and 1 reppetition upper body day]),

And 2 “cutting” days (2 HIIT days) In that way i’ll be able to pack some muscle and keep or maybe lower my BF%.

So cycling the carbs or something should help?

Can anyone help me?

the article that i red is this: Bob Sapp's (The Beast) Training And Nutrition Secrets!

Please respond and thanks.

This kind of plan sounds more appropriate:

http://www.elitefts.com/documents/carb_cycling_mma.htm

i was thinking on that, but there are any fighter who uses the anabolic diet besides the one of the article?

I was thinking on eating like 60-80 grs, would that be OK if i want a good performance in my training ?

And what about the cycling on the AD, there is any way to do that?

[quote]BAdWolf wrote:
i was thinking on that, but there are any fighter who uses the anabolic diet besides the one of the article?

I was thinking on eating like 60-80 grs, would that be OK if i want a good performance in my training ?

And what about the cycling on the AD, there is any way to do that?[/quote]

Why don’t you play with it? I’m looking into this as well. There are people who say that when you get fat adapted(after few months on the AD) you’ll be functioning well on this diet. I don’t have any experience with this though.

If I was you, I’ll be matching the carbs with the intensity of your days/workouts.

There you would be looking into carb cycling.

Im a fighter and I must say that I followed the rules to a T. Given it was the off-season for me. So I started ten. I adapted upon the beginning of competitions and I felt awesome throughout! Also, had more strength in a lower weight class. A definite +

Just do a low-carb diet…eat some berries and maybe some sprouted grain bread on days you grapple.