metabilize fat?

People say you have to use up your glycogen level in your muscles and liver than your body starts using the fat as fuel. I know during my weight training I do not use all of my glycogen level, so how do I keep my body fat so low? Also with people saying this, it sounds like people that don’t train at all will just constantly get fatter since there glycogen level never emptys. So any fat they do eat they will never burn off, but yet there are still people that aren’t obese that eat the regular American diet.

First off, they’re talking about stored fat which is different than the fat you intake.
Also, if a person is at maintenance level calorie wise they aren’t going to get fat, they are using everything that they are putting in their bodies.
As for people that don’t get fat even though they don’t train and eat an American diet, there is a word for them: blessed.
Their insulin sensitivity is such and their metabolism is fast enough that their body simply isn’t programmed to store fat as zealously as others do.

“it sounds like people that don’t train at all will just constantly get fatter since there glycogen level never emptys. So any fat they do eat they will never burn off, but yet there are still people that aren’t obese that eat the regular American diet.”

Firstly, remeber “Calories in vs. Calories out!” So you eat a regular American diet (whatever that means)which for many is 3 (or fewer meals a day), and tonnes of coffee and cigarettes (both of which are appetite supressants). Then there are those who eat tonnes of garbage food and low and behold GET OBESE! And then there are those whose bodies (in it’s infinite complexity) is actually able to better handle, and metabolise their intake in a manner that prevents them from getting fat.
The opposite is just as true…people train, eat, and sleep in the same way get different results. Why, EVERYONE IS DIFFERENT!!!

There’s just way too much biochemistry that goes on to say it’s a simple as not emptying glycogen stores causes fat gain. Did you consider hormonal impacts, osmoregularity issues, people’s differing thermogenic properties, body composition, metabolic demand, injury status, any of a gagilion other things that impact fat regulation?

-People say you have to use up your glycogen level in your muscles and liver than your body starts using the fat as fuel. -
ahhh, thats not exactly good theory to start with any way… especially if your looking to burn body fat for body composition purposes