Met Ben Affleck Today

[quote]Nards wrote:
I don’t get the ending.

Does this mean you didn’t really meet him? Is this like that Fresh Prince thing from a couple of years ago?[/quote]

Good memory with the Smith Roll!

Yes, this is another celebrity roll. But, as always, it’s more about the journey than the ending.

[quote]SIM37 wrote:
That’s the funniest damned thing I have read this week. Thanks for the good chuckle![/quote]

Glad you were one of the few posters who took the necessary 20 seconds to truly appreciate it instead of attempting to crack a lame joke about the content of a (troll) thread.

[quote]TigerTime wrote:
Assuming this is fake.

Otherwise, wtf were you thanking him for? For getting you napkins after ruining your textbook? [/quote]

Assuming?

You mean you’re skeptical of the fact that a millionaire Hollywood celebrity lured me down a side alley, stabbed me in the kidney with a pen, broke my hand in a car door, kicked me while I was on the ground and made a sweet reference to a major catch phrase of his single decent movie before leaving me there to bleed out?

And then I type it all out nonchalantly on T-Nation?

[quote]anonym wrote:

[quote]TigerTime wrote:
Assuming this is fake.

Otherwise, wtf were you thanking him for? For getting you napkins after ruining your textbook? [/quote]

Assuming?

You mean you’re skeptical of the fact that a millionaire Hollywood celebrity lured me down a side alley, stabbed me in the kidney with a pen, broke my hand in a car door, kicked me while I was on the ground and made a sweet reference to a major catch phrase of his single decent movie before leaving me there to bleed out?

And then I type it all out nonchalantly on T-Nation?[/quote]

But, but…you only need one kidney.

[quote]anonym wrote:

[quote]TigerTime wrote:
Assuming this is fake.

Assuming?

Yes.

But that part of the story doesn’t disqualify the rest of it from being true.

[quote]TigerTime wrote:

[quote]anonym wrote:

[quote]TigerTime wrote:
Assuming this is fake.

Assuming?

Yes.

But that part of the story doesn’t disqualify the rest of it from being true. [/quote]

Good point. But then, without the ending I’m bragging about having met… Ben Affleck.

If that guy spilled my coffee IRL, I’d mop it up with his internal organs. Even if it was a single drop.

Lol I enjoyed it but I also thought it was true until I read it twice…

I am sitting here studying for an exam wanting to sleep and never wake up. This was great comic relief.

[quote]anonym wrote:

[quote]TigerTime wrote:
Assuming this is fake.

Assuming?

I assume you’re still lying there right now, reading this on your smartphone as you die…

p.s.
I fucking hate Good Will Hunting.

[quote]Iron Dwarf wrote:
Did you at least get to tell him that he and Keannu Reeves are the worst actors in history?

‘Plank’ from Ed, Edd, n Eddy has more acting ability than both those dicks put together. [/quote]
The fact that you watched this show alone makes you one of my favorite people.

[quote]Jeffrey of Troy wrote:

[quote]anonym wrote:

[quote]TigerTime wrote:
Assuming this is fake.

Assuming?

I assume you’re still lying there right now, reading this on your smartphone as you die…

p.s.
I fucking hate Good Will Hunting.[/quote]

Didn’t Matt Damon get on a soap box in that movie and mention A People’s History of the United States by Howard Zinn?

I had to roll my eyes at that part. You can tell he’d just gotten out of Harvard.

[quote]spar4tee wrote:

[quote]Iron Dwarf wrote:
Did you at least get to tell him that he and Keannu Reeves are the worst actors in history?

‘Plank’ from Ed, Edd, n Eddy has more acting ability than both those dicks put together. [/quote]
The fact that you watched this show alone makes you one of my favorite people.[/quote]

+2.

“Think of all that money Ed! You could buy a chin!”

[quote]spar4tee wrote:

[quote]Iron Dwarf wrote:

The fact that you watched this show alone makes you one of my favorite people.[/quote]

Thanks Spar.
But if I tell you I also watched PowerPuff Girls, will I still be one of your favorites?

[quote]Iron Dwarf wrote:

[quote]spar4tee wrote:

[quote]Iron Dwarf wrote:

Thanks Spar.
But if I tell you I also watched PowerPuff Girls, will I still be one of your favorites?[/quote]

They were actually pretty good. Along with Dexters Laboratory.

[quote]Testy1 wrote:

[quote]Iron Dwarf wrote:

[quote]spar4tee wrote:

[quote]Iron Dwarf wrote:

Thanks Spar.
But if I tell you I also watched PowerPuff Girls, will I still be one of your favorites?[/quote]

They were actually pretty good. Along with Dexters Laboratory.
[/quote]

Yep. Watched 'em all. That’s what was cool about having a young son at the time. I got to enjoy my 2nd childhood. I even watched those shows when he wasn’t in the room!

Johnny Bravo!

Loved ed, edd, and eddy and Dexter’s lab.

Samurai Jack still topped them all though.

[quote]anonym wrote:
So, earlier today I had some free time because my professor decided to cut me loose to enjoy at least some of the holiday. To celebrate, I decided to swing by this narrow little place called “Simon’s Coffee Shop”, which anyone living in/around Cambridge will tell you has some pretty legit coffee (protip: try their Mexican hot chocolate at least once).

Anyhow, I was lucky enough to grab one of the coveted window seats, which give ya something to look at but also put you right in the middle of traffic. So, I was sitting there, trying to read my biochem book to brush up on some stuff for a discussion going down in the Supplements forum, when all of a sudden some guy walking through bumps my table and causes my coffee to spill over my shitty, overpriced textbook. I look up to see who the wise guy was, and my jaw IMMEDIATELY lands in the puddle of coffee on my table.

Ben-goddamn-Affleck.

Turns out, he’s actually from Cambridge (which made me want to question why his accent is so shitty in Good Will Hunting, but I decided to give him a free pass). He says he hadn’t been to this place in ages and that it’s tough to find coffee like this out on the west coast so he tries to swing by whenever he’s visiting family in the area. Guy was amazingly down to earth and made a big deal about being the one to grab some napkins for me while I sat there trying to figure out a way to act like this isn’t totally fucking awesome. He came back with napkins and two cups of coffee, one for him and a fresh one for me – he could tell from the smell that I was drinking one of their cappuccinos and that this one was on him for the hassle.

The cups were both “to go” (they usually give you mugs unless you ask otherwise), so I decided to walk out with him just to make sure I properly thank him for being so cool about everything. I decide to push my luck and tell him I’d love an autograph – else my friends won’t believe this – and he says that’s totally fine and he’s got a pen in his car just around the corner.

We get to his car, he grabs the pen and signs my coffee cup. As I thank him one more time for everything, I turn away and he stabs me in the kidney with the same pen he autographed my cup with. I’m immediately frozen in shock, my coffee splashing on the ground at my feet, and I hear the dull click as the driver door opens. Very gently, almost reverently, he guides my trembling hand into the space between the car frame and the door, just below one of the hinges. He slams the door and breaks all four fingers on my left hand.

As I fell to the ground, he kicks me once, twice, then gets in his car and starts the engine. As he’s backing away, he rolls down the window, leans out, and says, almost as an afterthought, “how do you like them apples?”

Thoughts?[/quote]

LOL! very good!

I dont think many people read the actual content of the threads around here. It’s either in with a quick jibe, a bit (or a lot) of dick waving or some territorial pissing.

I suppose thats one of the allures of reading through some of the responses around here as someone will inevitably get their knickers in a twist’ btw some fuckers have their knickers permanently in a twist and one or two have the circulation to their balls completely cut off’ so much so testosterone has ceased to flow and they’re in a permanent state of PMS = more laffs for us…

[quote]Hell-Billy wrote:
Samurai Jack still topped them all though.[/quote]

Have to agree with this. Samurai Jack was fuckin brilliant!

Currently I am watching Sponge Bob, Thomas the Tank Engine, Pingu and In The Night Garden…

[quote]SLAINGE wrote:

[quote]Hell-Billy wrote:
Samurai Jack still topped them all though.[/quote]

Have to agree with this. Samurai Jack was fuckin brilliant!

Currently I am watching Sponge Bob, Thomas the Tank Engine, Pingu and In The Night Garden…[/quote]
How old are you?