T Nation

Mesotherapy/Fat Loss Injection!

My girlfriend competes in fitness…one of her fitness competitor friends tried to get some “mesotherapy” done but she was too low bodyfat…I was like what in the hell is that, and this girl is convinced that local injections in your gut or thighs will actually disolve fat…sounds like a crock of bull dung to me. Anyone heard of this?

Lipodisolve?

[quote]bluecollarjock wrote:
My girlfriend competes in fitness…one of her fitness competitor friends tried to get some “mesotherapy” done but she was too low bodyfat…I was like what in the hell is that, and this girl is convinced that local injections in your gut or thighs will actually disolve fat…sounds like a crock of bull dung to me. Anyone heard of this?

Lipodisolve?[/quote]

My mom is an aestethician(sp?), and she performs this on people. It isn’t one of those things you could do to your whole body. It is a small area, and IIRC it basically destroys those cells.

So if one were to get this in the lower abs and nipple areas the fat cells would Be completely destroyed or just partially?

[quote]haney1 wrote:
bluecollarjock wrote:

Lipodisolve?

My mom is an aestethician(sp?), and she performs this on people. It isn’t one of those things you could do to your whole body. It is a small area, and IIRC it basically destroys those cells.

[/quote]

I don’t know anything about it personally, but it was mentioned on another board I visit. Here are a couple of replies…
[i]
DON’T DO IT! It is a waste of money. I work for a surgeon. Even he doesn’t believe in it. THe company states that by injecting a certain amount of this “cocktail” of solutions, that about 1cm of fat will dissolve. Well instead, you see swelling, bruising, and much worse recovery than liposuction. Nevertheless, no fat loss. Sorry, but save your money. Working out and dieting will do you much better, and it’s free

DON’T DO IT!!!
[/i]
and…
[i]
I tried it out of sheer curiosity. My friend works at this clinic and the doc has been experimenting it on her. For the first two weeks I saw her she looked really amazing… I mean she probably lost at least 5 lbs and her waist line was so prominent compared to before.

So I tried it because I had some belly fat to lose - it didn’t work for me may be because I did it only twice instead of god knows how many weekly sessions. Not to mention that it hurt like hell for me - one needle in the right side and one in the left side. Your tummy will bloat up like a balloon and then it will subside.

And guess what? Now that friend has re-gained more than what she lost from this stupid procedure. I mean, she was ok before but now she has rolls in her stomach. It works yeah, but only temporarily,… so don’t waste your money and energy. The pain is not worth it!
[/i]

[quote]Brutus_G wrote:
So if one were to get this in the lower abs and nipple areas the fat cells would Be completely destroyed or just partially?

haney1 wrote:
bluecollarjock wrote:

Lipodisolve?

[/quote]

as I said it is a very limited area