Mercola

Good post.

I’d agree that most of us know 900% more about nutrition and health than most people. Unfortunately (for my Health Tax Dollars) not all of us seek to optimize our health, but at least it’s a choice.

Just to prove that we know more … read some nutrition articles on MSNBC - you’ll read most of them and say “that just scratches the surface”. PS: I like MSNBC, just using it as an example.

You may live a long a time with his methods, but you won’t get big and muscular. I don’t think he even allows oatmeal!

FTI guys, poliquin has diets for carb intolerant people, for bulking, where you basically eat any meat, eggs and veggies. pounds and pounds of veggies, but no grains, think about that one.

Good post.

I think it was a great article overall. Mr. Mercola sure knows his stuff but 2 things must be remembered when you read his work:

1. Basically, he treats patients and people with overall very poor health so his view on some topics might/will be bias.

2. Most of us have the potential to live 90-100 years old but frankly, it’s up to everyone to see how old they want to live.

So I learn from him, apply and modify so your health improve but I don’t have nightmares about grains and milk… :slight_smile:

Have a nice day!
-LPdSB

I’m with Louis and franks on this one.

1)A lot of this is a lot of “fine tuning” type of stuff (although I think a lot of his information is VERY valid). One mistake that can be made (and I see it in a LOT of people when they read stuff like Mercolas), is the “missing the forest for the trees”. So…they may avoid milk and eat raw eggs, but they continue to smoke and not exercise! Amazing!

2)Hey…I think that it’s been proven that paranoia (and it’s eventual stress) also impacts our life. If I see conspiracies, goverment and corporate plots and mercury in every egg and piece of fish I eat, it WILL affect my health, guys! So…what should we do?

1)Eat as clean and as healthy as we can, without getting crazy because we eat omlettes.

2)Exercise, both with resistance training and cardio. BUILD MUSCLE AND KEEP THE PUMP GOING GUYS!

3)Care about the “pipes” (vessels) as WELL as the “pump” by avoiding a lot of processed foods/trans fatty acids.

4)Relieve stress in your life.

5)Surround yourself with loved ones and/or someone you love

…and don’t be afraid to eat a Salmon Omelette, for Goddsakes!!! (LOL!!!:)—!!!

Call me crazy, but I’m chewing gum and staying up 'til midnight tonight!!!

I say he’s half on target, half flake. Doesn’t know much about the bodybuilding or athlete side of things, that’s for sure.

This article was pretty interesting but it gives me the creeps thought. If you are like me, we are all going to become psychos. I knew a lot of the stuff that was said because Mark J. Occhipinti says approximetly the same things. Go see is web site at:

if you like nutrition controversy. In my case, I don’t go there anymore because I was becoming crazy by trying to apply a few of the tips.

I don’t go to that site very often but if you want to go see controversial articles go to that site, click on article search then, on articles and finally click on you are what you eat (the last one at the bottom). Even thought it is sometimes freeky, it’s interesting.

How on God’s Green Earth am I supposed to get enough carbs in w/o any kind of grain? That just sounds utterly imposible…

Just wanted to say a belated thankyou to T-mag from running this article. I remember asking for something like this a little while back and I think it’s great that T-mag considers and values the requests from its readers.

Like his opinions or loathe them, I think many people lose site of the fact that without a foundation of "health" and "fitness", all the steroids, and all the wonder routines and supplements won't do jack in the long run.

Hey, I would be careful with deoderants too; I think most tend to use liposomes as their transfer mechanism. I remember reading some studies which indicated a link to breast cancer, afterall there is a mass of lymph tissue from the underarm to the breast also usually the first bits to be removed during surgery too! (And men do get breast cancer :slight_smile: