Mentabolan

Does anyone have experience with the prohormone 7-alpha-methyl-estra-4-ene-3,17-dione, AKA Mentabolan. I’ve never done a PH cycle before and my buddy said Menta would be a good one to try first. My concern is that I haven’t been able to find much in the way or user reviews online and the few that I have found revealed very little. So, I was hoping someone might have insight on Menta and whether or not its worth my time.

I haven’t used it, but from what I understand, it’s mainly used as a pre-workout PH, mostly due to the short half-life, which I believe is like an hour or less. Running a ‘cycle’ of this, and just this, seems not to be in your best interests. If you ran testosterone concurrently with this, and just used the PH before workouts, it would probably be a worthwhile boost.

[quote]Ross_AlanUSN10 wrote:
This prohormone is a “19-nor”, or nandrolone derivative, and is different from nandrolone in that this hormone has a 17-ketone, where nandrolone has a 17b-hydroxy function.

Another difference is that it has the addition of a 7a-methyl group. In the same way as “Boladrol” is a 7a-methylated dione version of methyl testosterone, this compound is a 7a-methylated dione version of nandrolone.

From experience… stay away from it…I used it in a PH cycle and now I’m dealing with prolactin issues because it’s a 19 nor derivative… IE gyno … my recommendation would be to train and eat. And when you realy think your ready… then start considering running real gear… i learned the hard way… Prohormones are not worth the side effects for the little bit of gains you get… you may gain 5lbs if that… only if your training and diet is on point…

Also… you didn’t state your age, stats, years training…

IMO don’t bother with it[/quote]

Thanks for the response, brutha. My stats: 40 years old; 5’10"; 194lbs, 9% BF; training heavy and hard for the last 2 years.

If you don’t mind my asking, did you run PCT? Could that have been the source of your gyno issues? Also, what kind of gains did you make while on Menta?