Men's Synchronized Diving

Am I the only one that thinks Men’s Sychronized Diving is the gheyest sport in this year’s Summer Olympics?

Being here on the West Coast of the United States, I only get to watch the Olympics in Prime Time. So far, I have been treated to a nightly menu of swimming, synchronized diving, a little gymnastics, beach volleyball a little basketball, full.

I understand why they concentrate on sports where Americans are contenders, but honestly I wish they would look at some other sports as well. There are too many sports to just concentrate on a few.

I’ve seen handball and badminton! lol

[quote]mom-in-MD wrote:
I’ve seen handball and badminton! lol[/quote]

I wonder why handball isn’t more popular in the US. It looks like it would be a lot of fun.

[quote]entheogens wrote:
Am I the only one that thinks Men’s Sychronized Diving is the gheyest sport in this year’s Summer Olympics?

Being here on the West Coast of the United States, I only get to watch the Olympics in Prime Time. So far, I have been treated to a nightly menu of swimming, synchronized diving, a little gymnastics, beach volleyball a little basketball, full.

I understand why they concentrate on sports where Americans are contenders, but honestly I wish they would look at some other sports as well. There are too many sports to just concentrate on a few.[/quote]

Dude, spend $40 a month on cable. Plenty of boxing, wrestling and weightlifting on USA, CNBC, and MSNBC. Both USA and CNBC are showing live events from China during West Coast prime time every night.

[quote]rainjack wrote:
mom-in-MD wrote:

I wonder why handball isn’t more popular in the US. It looks like it would be a lot of fun. [/quote]

It does look like fun to play

But I question why it’s an Olympic sport… yet no more baseball or softball after this year.

If handball is in why not street hockey, dodge ball, 4 square, and wall ball?

There are a whole list of sports that I don’t understand why they are considered the gold standards of sports that are in the Olympics i.e. ping pong, yet no billiards or bowling or darts

…who knows

[quote]rainjack wrote:
mom-in-MD wrote:

I wonder why handball isn’t more popular in the US. It looks like it would be a lot of fun. [/quote]

It is extremely fun! Played for a while myself. When i was in the states no one had even heard of the sport.

[quote]AssOnGrass wrote:
There are a whole list of sports that I don’t understand why they are considered the gold standards of sports that are in the Olympics i.e. ping pong, yet no billiards or bowling or darts

…who knows
[/quote]

or ball-room dancing !!

Look…the olympics are gay…they always have been…I can understand why other countries might get excited about them, but we have the goddam NFL…why does anyone care about teh Olympics ???

By the way, I heard on NPR the other day that some people are pushing for Yoga competition to be part of the Olympics. The piece concluded that it would be unlikely that the Olympic Committee admit Yoga, due to the fact that the committee is trying to get away from events that require too much subjectivity in judging.

[quote]entheogens wrote:
By the way, I heard on NPR the other day that some people are pushing for Yoga competition to be part of the Olympics. The piece concluded that it would be unlikely that the Olympic Committee admit Yoga, due to the fact that the committee is trying to get away from events that require too much subjectivity in judging.[/quote]

Like ballroom dancing…which WAS considered by the IOC about 15-20 years ago.

[quote]TJN713 wrote:
Dude, spend $40 a month on cable. Plenty of boxing, wrestling and weightlifting on USA, CNBC, and MSNBC. Both USA and CNBC are showing live events from China during West Coast prime time every night.[/quote]

Hey, I got cable. It’s just that every time I look at MSNBC, they seem to have “Lockup” on. I will check out USA.

Man, I don’t care if I EVER see Men’s sychronized diving again. The event itself is bad enough, but in addition to that, it shows the guys showering off together after each dive.

As far as the women’s synchronized diving, all I can say is that the men divers are much prettier than the women, except for the Mexican women divers who were pretty hot.

TJN713, you have by far the best avatar on T-Nation.

Some sports that’ve been in the olympics and been discontinued:

[quote]entheogens wrote:

Man, I don’t care if I EVER see Men’s sychronized diving again.
[/quote]

Do they do like any Looney Tunes type stuff when they’re synchronized diving…you know like passing a stick of dynamite back and forth or an anvil?

[quote]hel320 wrote:
Some sports that’ve been in the olympics and been discontinued:
Unusual and Discontinued Olympic Sports [/quote]

Synchronized male on male anal sex ?!? Got to be joking…

I for one thing dodge ball would be the best Olympic sport ever.

Why can’t American Football be included in The olympic games? it seems reasonable, to me.

Even though im not a big fan of american football i agree. It’s getting bigger and bigger around the world each year. It will most likely be added if it gets world wide attension.

[quote]Andyyboy wrote:
Even though im not a big fan of american football i agree. It’s getting bigger and bigger around the world each year. It will most likely be added if it gets world wide attension.[/quote]

It will never happen. You are right that it is rising in popularity, but think about it. The Olympics last about two weeks. Now, it takes quite a while for an athlete to recover from a football game. No way you can play a game every other day or even every third day. For that reason, American football will never be an Olympic Sport.

American football wouldn’t be American anywhere else… :stuck_out_tongue:

I wanna see wakeboarding as an olympic sport… they have snowboarding during the winter…

The only thing ghey-er would be mens sync swimming.