Men's Physique Contest Prep Cycle

Are you natty or juiced in the pic?

Natty here
This was me at 129lbs

“Macros diet” does not show your diet. What’s a typical day when trying to build?

Post more pictures of your body, back, front included.

What’s your training sched?

Word of advice from my observation: stay off the PED’s for now.

1 Like

I would focus soley on the “adding a bit of size” part of your original plan. Obviously posting a lean side tricep shot makes you look good (we had that Ryu guy do the same thing a couple of months back, BUT, his not-posing as hard as he can pics gave a very different picture of his physique).

You’re still fairly young, and while I"m going out on a limb here, I see most younger guys too focused on being lean and never really get the building muscle part down. I’m NOT advocating becoming a fat-ass and deluding yourself into thinking it’s all muscle and you have to do it this way, BUT, most competitors I know get 15, 20, even 30 lbs above their contest weight during their off season. The first reason for this, is that their stage weight is MUCH LOWER than simply being lean in your bathroom mirror. If you’re 142 lbs above, what are you looking to weigh onstage, 120 lbs at 5’5? It’s not really a very smart plan IMO.

When I was first contemplating competing, I found others who were my height and similar structures and compared their pictures and offseason/stage weights with what I thought I was realistically capable of Rob Stein (guy on this very forum) is 5’5, and did his first contest this past year. Take a look at his pics (not just the zoomed in flexing selfie pics, but actual bodybuilding poses) and see how you stack up.

S

1 Like

The_Mighty_Stu https://forums.t-nation.com/users/the_mighty_stu
December 12

I would focus soley on the “adding a bit of size” part of your original
plan. Obviously posting a lean side tricep shot makes you look good (we had
that Ryu guy do the same thing a couple of months back, BUT, his not-posing
as hard as he can pics gave a very different picture of his physique).

You’re still fairly young, and while I"m going out on a limb here, I see
most younger guys too focused on being lean and never really get the
building muscle part down. I’m NOT advocating becoming a fat-ass and
deluding yourself into thinking it’s all muscle and you have to do it this
way, BUT, most competitors I know get 15, 20, even 30 lbs above their
contest weight during their off season. The first reason for this, is that
their stage weight is MUCH LOWER than simply being lean in your bathroom
mirror. If you’re 142 lbs above, what are you looking to weigh onstage, 120
lbs at 5’5? It’s not really a very smart plan IMO.

When I was first contemplating competing, I found others who were my
height and similar structures and compared their pictures and
offseason/stage weights with what I thought I was realistically capable of
Rob Stein (guy on this very forum) is 5’5, and did his first contest this
past year. Take a look at his pics (not just the zoomed in flexing selfie
pics, but actual bodybuilding poses) and see how you stack up.

S

Visit Topic
https://forums.t-nation.com/t/mens-physique-contest-prep-cycle/224315/12
or reply to this email to respond.

To unsubscribe from these emails, click here
https://forums.t-nation.com/email/unsubscribe/9f9779bf6cb7910a268a83e8f1a2ce1c1ed60513d074cc9d55af240163f1401c

Dude, I don’t mean to be a pain in the ass. Just stop with the side poses! Lol. Post some pictures exposing your whole damn torso and legs and your back. No poses necessary. Simply stand relaxed, front and back, and maybe throw in a few poses in which we can assess your physique!

Now on a positive note, judging from the second pic, you look like you have potential.

2 Likes

Haha yeah no problem

Haha yeah no problem

BrickHead https://forums.t-nation.com/users/brickhead
December 12

Dude, I don’t mean to be a pain in the ass. Just stop with the side
poses! Lol. Post some pictures exposing your whole damn torso and legs and
your back. No poses necessary. Simply stand relaxed, front and back, and
maybe throw in a few poses in which we can assess your physique!

Now on a positive note, judging from the second pic, you look like you
have potential.

Visit Topic
https://forums.t-nation.com/t/mens-physique-contest-prep-cycle/224315/14

In Reply To
shazzz1412 https://forums.t-nation.com/users/shazzz1412
December 12
The_Mighty_Stu Profile - The_Mighty_Stu - COMMUNITY - T NATION December
12 I would focus soley on the “adding a bit of size” part of your original
plan. Obviously posting a lean side tricep shot makes you look good (we had
that Ryu guy do the same thing a couple of months back, BUT, his not-posin…

Visit Topic
https://forums.t-nation.com/t/mens-physique-contest-prep-cycle/224315/14

To unsubscribe from these emails, click here
https://forums.t-nation.com/email/unsubscribe/4405e5d0ad7a2989c00b6644d11efa657faa1b74156ead3c374bc33a277a0616

I am gonna do a sarms cycle for both off and on season
Seems like the safest way to go

As someone who has looked into juicing, I would disagree and say doing just Test would be the safest way to go. Sourcing is more reliable imo. But I’m sure there are more experienced sources here that can chime in.

FYI, dude, you are going to need 20 lbs of dry, CONTEST weight to make a big impact on the physique stage before going pro. That means approximately 40 lbs of quality lean “gym mass” and that needs to be the weight you are while both lean and not cycling on anything since cycling adds water weight and also extra glycogen that falls off when you go off cycle. That is a lot more than “a bit of mass”. Get serious about your training.

The lightest guy that got his pro card in physique this past year was 5’6" and 163 on stage. That means he likely cut from 180-190 of lean, already defined muscle mass.

Do whatever you want to do as far as PEDs go, but don’t delude yourself into thinking a quick cycle or 2 is going to get you that big show win.

If you don’t know EXACTLY what you are doing nutrition and training wise you’re not going to get that mass, PED use or not. Brick is a dietician who focuses on performance nutrition and holds his natural pro card, Stu is a highly respected natural pro card holder and prep coach, and I am a working biochemist and coach. We are telling you these things for your own benefit.

2 Likes

I have a long way to go till i get my pro card
This is my first show in Ontario
Regional

Sure, most people have a real long ways to go for pro cards. The point I am trying to make is that you need to get out of the mindset of “just a little mass and then I’ll be where I want”, because the road you want to go down is lots longer than you seem to think.

That doesn’t mean it can’t be done, but it does mean you aren’t in the “i just gotta refine a few things and I’ll be good to go” phase of development, which your posts seem to convey implicitly.

The solution isn’t more drugs. Gyms everywhere are full of people who think its “more drugs” when the truth is they never bothered to learn enough about training and nutrition and work to do anything. You should not be one of those people. It’s to get smarter and learn how to get more out of your training. I don’t care if you decide to use more PEDs or not really, but regardless of your decision you need to change your thought process on achieving your goal. Then you will be successful.

EDIT–Spelling

1 Like

Primo will be your friend that is if you have the time since it needs to be ran for long periods of time, primo seems to put on the most lean mass and less sides strength gains are not very good either on this compound this is mostly a compound for very lean muscle mass, you can add Deca to the stack for some size and healing effects this will also give you the strength you need but will also bloat you up abit. This is just an idea, i am not a professional coach however, i never ran this stack but have a friend that tried it and he had some good results.

I think id rather just gain as much naturally this off season then use
sarms for cutting

1 Like

sounds like a decent plan for the offseason,… not gonna agree on the second part though.

S

I think thats a better plan TBH. You gotta realize you’re in this for the long haul no matter what–natural or not–guys at the top have been thru 30+ shows, and a lot of thr things they learned that got them there have nothing to do with AAS, a single offseason cycle isn’t going to get you where you want to be in terms of mass right now–its a process no matter what.

So good plan. I think PEDs will help you cut more effectively, but you want to make sure you can make things work without the “help” as well. If it won’t work in a natural cut, it won’t really work and you’ll get results with SARMS or AAS in spite of the diet instead of on top of the diet as “extra” fat loss if that makes sense.

I don’t have anything at all against PED use, you’re an adult and can make your own decisions. I just don’t want you to start down the slippery path of thinking they’re a shortcut past necessary work and lessons and TIME. Time is something everybody at the local level tries to bypass and nobody is successful at it, not even Ronnie Coleman or Phil Heath. They put the time in and are legends because of it. Sucks–I’ll be the first to admit it–but it is what it is.

At any rate, good luck either way!

1 Like

I should add that I think even though off season gains will be slower without AAS you’ll learn a ton of really valuable tricks and info from a good productive natural offseason. Hell for that matter you’ll learn a lot of useful info from an unsuccessful offseason if you’re willing to learn it, even though none of us ever want that…ever lol.

I dont mind if they are slow. I love this lifestyle with or without aas. I
was fat and i cut without steroids or sarms
One question though
Is it still possible to make gains naturally now if my diet and training is
on point considering the fact that i have done a test only cycle with
proper pct

1 Like

Depends on your bloodwork…what are your Test levels now? What were they prior to your cycle? E2 levels? FSH & LH levels?

You can definitely make gains, if your body has recovered from the cycle of course. The gains wont be like the AAS, which may discourage you some…but that is just something to be cognizant of.