Men's Open in Denver. Who's Coming?

[quote]zildjianman wrote:
I haven’t checked into the whole schedule. And I have no idea how these things usually work (having never been). Friday Juniors, sat is teens, sunday mens ect??? I hope to visit the gym before then and have it all figured out. The place looks pretty cool that’s for sure.
EDIT: Because of my hard-core training, I’m now able to enter in the 15-17 year old division! Not bad for a 41 year old…[/quote]

You should have gone to Master’s earlier this month in St. Louis then…

[quote]Firebug9 wrote:
zildjianman wrote:
I haven’t checked into the whole schedule. And I have no idea how these things usually work (having never been). Friday Juniors, sat is teens, sunday mens ect??? I hope to visit the gym before then and have it all figured out. The place looks pretty cool that’s for sure.
EDIT: Because of my hard-core training, I’m now able to enter in the 15-17 year old division! Not bad for a 41 year old…

You should have gone to Master’s earlier this month in St. Louis then…[/quote]

Oh no,no,no…I was joking about how LOW my total would be, compared to last years results. Couldn’t come close to the Masters’ either! And I’ll have to miss the big guys on Sunday…Darn it all to heck!

i’m probably only goin on friday, but i’m most excited, can’t wait to finally go to a pl meet

I will be there on Sunday, any one else going?

I’m hoping for Sunday as well, not sure when though. I’ll hope to see you and other local talent as well. Hope to see you all there. ERIC D.

yeah, i’m going Sunday too. anyone know the times?? i can’t get the schedule to open --its some weird ms document i can’t read.

WHEN
June 12-14th 2009
Weigh in begins at 8am
Lifting Starts at 10am
WHERE
Doubletree Hotel Located off of I-70 and Quebec
3203 Quebec St, Denver, CO 80207

thanks! i’ll have to grab a huge coffee and head out there. anyone form here competing in it?

To anyone I meet…I shall introduce myself as Eric (cause that’s my name). Unless I’m standing next to BiggJames at the time. In this case, I may say "Hi, this is BiggJames and I’m 'Lil’Eric. This means you Sindie, Ms. P, and the rest of ya…

I will be the guy that is as wide as he is tall.

I’ll be the guy who’s as balding as he is white! Hope that helps.

ah cool! well if i spot you i’ll definitely say hello! i’ll be the redhead holding a giant soda or coffee --probably looking sleepy :slight_smile:

be cool to see some tnation people there :slight_smile:

I had a blast today at the meet. I was able to meet up with Eric(zildjianman) and he seemed throughly impressed with the lifting. The highlight was to see Brian Siders squat 1014, the low point was when he bombed in the bench. Better luck next time.

Eric and I thought we saw pushmepullme and followed her out of the venue into the hall. But we did not want to look like a couple of stalkers so we both didn’t have the balls to say hi. LOL! If that was you and you noticed a big dumb looking animal in a blue shirt with a smaller dude. Well that was us.

The meet was ran very professionally and Dan and his wife need to be commended on what a great show that they put on. The judging I felt was strict, but fair and consistent. Like a national powerlifting meet should be. If one lifter broke the rules or had an infraction the next lifter would be called on the same rule infraction. There were no gifts at this meet.

Sindie if you were there we missed you.

I am having a great time here in Golden. Internship is off to a great start.

BiggJames

Hahaha, you should’ve said hi! Sunday, I was in a green t-shirt and black skirt, and flip flops. I was only able to stay for the morning session so I didn’t see Siders. I was up at the scorer’s table most of the time.

Yup that was you LOL! All well have a good one.

We knew that was you Miss P. but getting through the fans around you is a pretty tough job! Sorry I missed you Sindie, the red hair alone gets my attention. My avatar captures some of my spirit, but doesn’t help when your trying to find me in a crowd.
See you all at the next Big Show.

Wish I’d seen this earlier…I was there competing in the open 242s.

Nice, it would have been cool to meet you also.

Zild, are you posting any longer on the 35 and oldet forum? I haven’t seen you in awhile. Being real bald and real white (I need a tan) is a great look. I live the look every day.