Men's Health Personal Trainer?

Anyone tried out the mens health personal trainer on their website? They are giving out a one month free trial and the work out routines seem to cover most people.

I have been doing WS4SB III for 15 weeks, do you think I should switch to one of those for a month or so?

Any advise is appreciated

[quote]Fluid wrote:

I have been doing WS4SB III for 15 weeks, do you think I should switch to one of those for a month or so?
[/quote]

Are you getting the results you want? If so, why quit doing what you’re doing?

I tried it for a while along with their nutrition programme. I thought it was a bit crap, tbh.

men’s health is stupid.

[quote]B rocK wrote:
men’s health is stupid.[/quote]

Don’t be so quick to judge.

The magazine actually has some much better information in it than in the past. The training information is more up-to-date and is not all focused on bodybuilding splits, the nutritional advice is usually pretty good, the recipes are good, the health tips are good (even if you already knew about them) and some of the other information is decent.

Considering that it’s a mainstream publication, they do a pretty good job of collecting helpful and useful advice and information.

It’s much better than Men’s Fitness (which appears to be trying to copy Men’s Health, rather unsuccessfully - even though they have good writers such as Joe Defranco, Nate Green, Martin Rooney and others).

And it’s definitely better than Muscle and Fitness or Flex.

[quote]Fluid wrote:
Anyone tried out the mens health personal trainer on their website? They are giving out a one month free trial and the work out routines seem to cover most people.

Any advise is appreciated[/quote]

Well if you’ve been doing 1 routine for 15 weeks I would try something new. Its not good to be one of those people that jumps on every new routine they read about, so I commend you for sticking with one for so long. However, its good to switch it up every so often to give your body something to adapt to. Most routines are meant for 4-5 week periods. Give it a try see how you like it, even if you don’t like it after 4 weeks, you can go back to WS4SB and it’ll be a new shock to your body and it’ll have to adapt again.

The only good thing about Men’s Health is the book Mens Health Power Training, by Robert Dos Remedios

I have to chime in here…the only thing gayer than Men’s Health Magazine is the people who post in their forums on the website.

I used to be one of those morons until I was intrigued by the one enlightened poster who kept ballwashing Chad Waterbury which led me to the promised land (T-Nation baby)

Sure, the occasional nugget of good info can be found in that rag, but there’s no doubt it caters to all the myspace sheep who think that full body workouts and high reps will give you hawt abz.

P.S. Men’s Fitness is a good read in my opinion

[quote]davidtower wrote:

I have to chime in here…the only thing gayer than Men’s Health Magazine is the people who post in their forums on the website.

I used to be one of those morons[/quote]

So your gayer then men’s health magazine. I thought everybody over here loved them because Metabolic Drive made it into their top 100 healthiest foods or some crap?

The only thing gayer then both of those things you mentioned is people that call T-Nation the “promiseland” or w/e you called it lol. Jk, but seriously I find something wierd in that.

Hmmm…I think people that prefer Men’s Fitness over Men’s Health must be ghey.

I don’t usually bother with either magazines’ web sites (or forums) as they are definitely ghey. I can’t believe anyone would post there.

I subscribe to both (because I got a good deal), and they are the only fitness magazines I’ve subscribed to since the early 90’s (other than when they had Testosterone magazine here).

Like I said, both are better now than they were several years ago, but Men’s Health has the current advantage over Men’s Fitness.

And yes, Power Training is a good book.

[quote]Nate Dogg wrote:
B rocK wrote:
men’s health is stupid.

Don’t be so quick to judge.

The magazine actually has some much better information in it than in the past. The training information is more up-to-date and is not all focused on bodybuilding splits, the nutritional advice is usually pretty good, the recipes are good, the health tips are good (even if you already knew about them) and some of the other information is decent.

Considering that it’s a mainstream publication, they do a pretty good job of collecting helpful and useful advice and information.

It’s much better than Men’s Fitness (which appears to be trying to copy Men’s Health, rather unsuccessfully - even though they have good writers such as Joe Defranco, Nate Green, Martin Rooney and others).

And it’s definitely better than Muscle and Fitness or Flex.

[/quote]

Understandable; its been a while since I paid for working out information.

I don’t care about the workout info! I can handle that on my own. :wink:

But it’s the total sum of the parts that make the magazine worth a read. Sometimes the info is good to pass along to someone else who is less knowledgeable and needing some guidance.

Every once in a while there is a decent training article by some of the T-Nation authors. But the articles here are usually better - not as dumb downed.